“More of a 2 star hotel” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #112 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“More of a 2 star hotel”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2013

I booked my stay over night through priceline, at the price I paid 110 dollars I thought this is a hell of a steal, so i upgrade myself and companion to a penthouse considering they advertise as a 3 star hotel. Lets just say the penthouse is not what it seems. The only difference is a King size bed that was hard and lumpy with piss poor quality pillows. In addition, after reading comments from others and seeing the response that the hotel was updated in 2009, I was quite frankly shocked to read that. The hotel does have a cool south beach vibe, however, the bathrooms are dark and it ruins the entire experience of a "penthouse" room. Going a bit farther with my comment, they charge a resort fee of $19 dollars for use of the pool, 2 drinks which are not you call it, and 2 comp'ed breakfasts which was only offered as toast, pastries, coffee and OJ, normal price $7! Save your money and go down the street to a real hotel and not something that reminded me of my days of staying in discusting hostels in Europe!

Room Tip: STAY AWAY! Don't even bother booking at this hotel!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 16 July 2013
Hello, Jay. We appreciate that you took the time to write a review of our hotel. Although you liked the overall atmosphere of the hotel, we are disappointed to hear your experience with us fell short of expectations. We are sorry that the bed and bathroom accommodations of your penthouse were not what you had hoped for and that you were unhappy with the complimentary drinks and breakfast we provide. We will certainly address these points with our staff, as we take your comments very seriously. Thank you again for your feedback.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Korean first
Charleston, South Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013

Im currenty here at this hotel its so bad I'm writing my review befor I leave.This place is a dump the walls are so thin there where 5 girls in one room that argue all night and I heard every word like I had front row seats. There where guys that sat out front and smoke weed and on my floor I thought this was a smoke free place there was nothing done when I complain the staff dont seem happy Agian nothing done. The beds are uncomfortable but who can sleep in the cheese room the only good thing is the location that's it please be aware there a 19 dollar resort fee a night plus a extra 50 dollar fee a night and trust this place not worth the money I'm so disappointed in this place never again I should of trust the bad reviews on here cause there right

• Stayed July 2013
2 Thank sexylips07
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
We appreciate your feedback, and although you liked the location of our hotel, we are sorry to hear your experience with us was not what you had hoped it would be. We apologize for the issues that arose during your stay and we appreciate you bringing them to our attention. Thank you again for your review.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Hershey, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013 via mobile

After reading numerous reviews, I settled on staying at The President Hotel. Not because of the stellar reviews, but because of what everyone said about the location, and because of the price. And I have to say, it was well worth it. No, the building is not new, but neither is any other building in South Beach. And yes, the walls are rather thin, and the elevator can scare the hell out of you. BUT, it was in the middle of everything, the staff was beyond curteous and kind, and the room itself was more then adequate. It was clean and well kept, with a wonderful waterfall walk in shower and a comfortable bed. No, this is not the Ritz Carlton, but for the price you pay, it is a great value for the money. It is within walking distance to anything you could possible need...shopping, delicious food, bars, and of course, the beautiful beach. If you want to spend the majority of your money on sushi, good times, and shopping on Lincoln Ave instead of on your hotel, be sure to stay here. I was pleasantly surprised.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We appreciate that you made the choice to stay with us and that you enjoyed your time in Miami. It is great to hear you were happy with your guestroom and bathroom accommodations and the comfort of your bed. We are also happy that you were pleased with the service from our staff, as well as the location and value of our hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts. We hope to welcome you back here again in the future.
Miami Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2013

Enjoyed our stay here we only paid $67 and it was pretty nice! We weren't expecting much for what we paid but were pleasantly surprised. Michelle working there was so nice and sweet to us. Thank you for making us feel welcome!

Room Tip: The entire hotel is walking distance to the beach, any room will be perfect!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Hello Tina. Thank you for sharing your thoughts about your recent stay. We are glad to hear you were pleasantly surprised by our hotel, both with the value of your room and the overall look. We are also happy to hear that you were pleased with the service you received from our staff, especially Michelle, and we will be sure to pass your comments on to her. We hope you were able to really take in all that Miami has to offer during your visit, and we certainly hope you make the choice to stay with us again in the future.
Atlantic City, New Jersey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I would not reccomand this hotel to anybody. When checking in they charge a 19 dollar per day resort fee which was cool. Then they charged a 150 deposit which is also wasn't a big problem. The big problem was that I had a double bed room and it was a total of four guest that stayed in the room. They charged us 75 per person for two people because they said the room was only made for two guest. Before booking the room I asked will there be any extra fees such as deposit and resort fees and I was told "no" and that my payment towards the rooms was all I needed. The front desk was rude and didn't want to refund and money. During the stay it was a hassel getting towels for the room. I called front desk several times and asked for extra towels and they repeatedly said that towels were on their way up. So I asked front desk if I should call housekeeping instead to get the towels and they told me "no I may not". To make a long story short I waited from 10am to 3pm for towels and recieved them right away after calling housekeeping. Housekeeping said front desk never called them. The walls are paper thin and you can here your neighbors conversation clearly. The hotel smell like wet basement and bleach. During checkout I was recieving my deposit they said I was only entitled to $140 instead of $150 because the clerk made a mistake if charging me less money at check in. This hotel is horrible

Room Tip: Read reviews
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Brittany B
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 2 July 2013
Hello Brittany. We appreciate you taking the time to share your thoughts about your recent stay. We are sorry to hear you were disappointed with the service you received from our front desk staff, and especially for the issue of the added charges for your extra guests. We are also sorry for the inconvenience of having to wait for the towels you had requested, although we are happy that our housekeeping staff was able to remedy the problem for you. We will be certain to discuss the points you brought to our attention with our staff, so to avoid any confusion in the future. Thank you for your helpful feedback.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

At the beginning of our trip, it was wild, but the kind man at the front desk, Kristian I believe was his name, was very helpful about telling us how to get to the beach and many popular locations in the area. He was a very respectable man, he stuck out upon the rest of the staff to me, but I would defiantly recommend this hotel, affordable, clean, nice, wonderful staff, and even wifi and breakfast! What more could you ask for!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Hello, Tanner. We appreciate your feedback. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us and were pleased with the service you received from our staff. We are happy to hear you found our hotel to be clean and of good value and that you enjoyed the perks of staying here, including breakfast and WiFi. We hope that you were able to take full advantage of our location while you were here and enjoy the beach and nearby shopping and restaurants. Thank you again for your review. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2013 via mobile

Our girls getaway started with a headache when checking in. We booked and prepaid for the room through bookit.com. We were advised of the $19 a day resort fee. However it was also a $50 dollar a night for accidental a which we were not advised of. The young lady at the counter was not sympathetic at all. The rooms are very small! The continental breakfast breakfast I could have done without. The AC unit leaked all over my clothes which was a MAJOR inconvenience! I reported it to the same young lady at the front desk. All I got was I'm sorry I will get maintenance to come to the room. Didn't offer to clean, dry or a refund of any kind. Maintenance replaced a filter and the unit continued to leak. Also, a mildew smell came from the bathroom. Would I stay here again? Probably not! Would I refer to a friend? Definitely not!

• Stayed June 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dana P, Public Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 28 June 2013
Thank you for your review. We are disappointed to hear that your stay with us fell short of expectations and we do apologize for the billing issue and especially for the issue with your AC unit. Although it sounds like our maintenance staff responded to your needs in a timely manner, we are sorry the situation was not remedied and not handled in the way you would have expected. We are also sorry that you were disappointed with the size of your guestroom and the breakfast provided, and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. Thank you again for your feedback.