“2 nights on Miami beach”

The President Hotel - Miami Beach
Ranked #98 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 11 January 2014

Great location right near the beach and all the bars and hotels.
Free breakfast, free welcome drinks and discounted dinner from partner hotel.
Room had plenty of space and good shower.
Has an elevator and ice machine on groudn floor.

Room Tip: The upgraded suite has nicer finishing but is the same basic room from my understanding
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for your wonderful review! We are thrilled that out location, breakfast, room and shower all met your expectations. Aren’t welcome drinks the perfect way to kick off a beach vacation! We hope to see you again when you next visit South Beach!

There are newer reviews for The President Hotel - Miami Beach

Reviewed 10 January 2014

I was in Miami for New Year's eve. The hotel President is a decent place, nice rooms and clean. it's within walking distance to all the bars at south beach. The Check-in lady Jana gave as us some good advises in which restaurants, bars and clubs etc. we should go. One hint from her: go to the Dolphin mall. Really cool shopping experience. If you stay at the president hotel you will get some free welcome drinks at the penguin restaurant/cafe (in walking distance). Ask for the barlady Daniela, she will mix you amazing mochitos (these made my new year's eve haha). Last but not least: enjoy Miami ;-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for such a great review, you’ve made our day! It sounds like you had a fantastic New Year’s Eve trip! It is wonderful to hear that our staff helped make your vacation even more special, we will pass your kind praise on to them. We LOVE our location, and we are thrilled that you loved it too! We hope to see you again the next time you visit South Beach!

Reviewed 7 January 2014

After seeing pricline had a rate of $179/night for this hotel I walked in and asked if they could match it. The woman at the front desk quoted me $382 plus tax for 2 nights ($191/night). I asked repeadidly if this was the total for the 2 nights, and was told "Yes, total price for both nights with all taxes is $474". Since it was only $10 more than priceline I decided to go with it. I signed for the full bill, $474 ($382+tax). and we stayed the 2 nights. A few days later, I got an additional charge on my credit card for $431?? When I called to ask about the charge the woman (who I originally spoke to) said that she never said that and the "total price"... was only for 1 night!!! TOTAL SCAM!!!!! Why would I pay $382 when I'm holding my phone with a Priceline rate of $179??

I'm currently disputing the charge with Chase (my first dispute in 10 years). Moral of the story, they lie and try to scam tourists! Get everything in WRITING and have the person sign their name on it. Also have them circle the nights rate and initial it.

Sucks when poeple aren't honest.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank eurotraveler4949
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2014

We are incredibly sorry that you were unhappy with your stay as our guest. This billing issue has to be a terrible mistake and we are here to get this resolved to your satisfaction. We are certainly not here to scam people into paying higher rates as our main goal is to make our guests happy and have them come back to us next time they’re in the area. We would love for you to reach out to us personally at vsuperno@penguinhotel.com.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

The location is perfect. 2 streets away from the beach. Every restaurant & activity on the South Beach strip is walking distance. The hotel was quiet. The concierge staff was courteous and helpful with eating & nightlife suggestions, getting taxis, and printing out our club tickets ahead of time. The room was clean enough. Some things needed to be updated. The shower was large with nice tiling and fantastic water pressure! The bathroom was and rest of the room was small. Not a lot of space to store clothing/personal items, but manageable enough for 2 people for 5 days. Welcome drinks and a discount breakfast at the hotel restaurant nearby. The free continental breakfast didn't seem very great, it was always way too crowded and everything picked over by the time we ate breakfast. Not a deal breaker though if you are an early bird. The price was unbeatable. I would stay at this hotel again when I visit South Beach in the future. :-)

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

We are thrilled that you loved our location, we couldn’t agree more! South Beach is full of never ending fun, and we love being a part of it. We are very happy that our staff helped make your stay even more enjoyable. We appreciate your comments about storage space in the room and bathroom, and about our continental breakfast. We are always striving to improve, and your review helps us know what we need to focus on. We are glad that you found our rates reasonable. We hope to see you again when you next visit South Beach.

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Overall, I thought that our stay in this hotel was good. The good things about the hotel were that the location was excellent. Only 2 blocks away (if I remember correctly) from South Beach and right on Collins Ave. in the middle of everything. That was the best part about staying in this hotel. The continental breakfast was good as well. While it wasn't anything real extravegant there was a nice selection of breakfast foods. I also liked the walk-in closet that we had in our room. The things that did not impress me were the beds. The bed was creaky and not exactly comfortable. We were also put into a double when I was traveling with my girlfriend. While not a big deal, it was a little annoying. The beds were also not that comfortable. Although we did not use the pool it did seem a tad small and was fairly crowded during the day. Another positive was the bartender named Florencia. I thought she was cool and always knew what drinks to bring us after a hard day at the beach!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay as our guest. We LOVE our location, and we are thrilled that you enjoyed it! We are happy that you also enjoyed our breakfast, walk-in closets, and our staff. We are very sorry that the bed did not meet your expectations. We have listened to our guests’ reviews, and we are in the process of replacing all our beds. We hope to see you again when you next visit South Beach.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

because of two bed cases that creaked so loudly that with every turn everybody in the room was awake. The issue couldn't be resolved by the manager after the first night. Instead, he offered to take off 10% off our immense hotel bill. It didn't appear like anybody was interested in solving the issue, and we can't imagine that we are the first customers experiencing this problem. If it wasn't for its central location, otherwise OK rooms, and basic but OK breakfast, I would have rated it "terrible".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

We are very sorry that your stay as our guest did not live up to your expectations. We would love for you to reach out to us personally at vsuperno@penguinhotel.com. We welcome the opportunity to make things right.

Reviewed 19 December 2013

Vacations these days are few and far between. Busy lives do not grant us the luxury of such things. This is why I was so happy with my stay at The President Hotel.
My escape from the cold to the lovely beaches of Miami was a great way to recharge my batteries and get back into gear! The beaches are lovely - Not as lovely as our New England beaches, but I think that is because we hold them sacred as we only get to enjoy them a short period during the summertime!
Some notes on service: Aneesa and Leo. They were very warm and friendly and offered service that is hard to find in this day of no human contact: checking in at Kiosks or on-line; it was wonderful to be greeted and treated like a guest (a person) not a reservation number, like a guest... A special guest. Very nice.
I hurt my shoulder recently and Leo noticed that my bag was a little much for me. I did not ask for help, he offered help and that was very much appreciated!
Thank you for a wonderful stay. I will tell folks to stay at the President Hotel when visiting Miami! I wished I could have stayed longer - as many people do. But this stay was exactly what I needed!
Good job Aneesa. Good job Leo. Good job management for pulling it all together so wonderfully at The President Hotel!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 January 2014

Your review just made our day, thank you! We are thrilled that you allowed us to be a part of your vacation plans. A little R&R on the beach always sounds wonderful, and it sounds like it did the trick for you. We are very proud of our fantastic staff. It is great to know that you appreciated them so fully. We will be sure to pass on your praise to each of them; we know it will make their day as you did ours. We hope to see you again when you next need some warm beach time.