“GOOD Hotel”

Ranked #98 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“GOOD Hotel”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Martha was very helpful and kind she helped alot. The staff was real cool. Valet parking could of been better. Love the location. Easy access to everything on South Beach. I would stay there again if needed. Best prices compared to other South Beach hotels.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Thank you for the great praise of our staff, especially Martha. We’ll be sure to pass your compliments along to everyone; we know it will make them all very happy. Our location is one of our favorite qualities, we’re glad you enjoyed it too. We are sorry to hear that our valet parking failed to impress. Hotel and restaurant valet stations currently must work around the construction currently on Collins Ave. At this time we rely on the patience and understanding of our guests, thank you. We hope to see you again when you next visit South Beach.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Korean first
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I am already here in this nice hotel.
Good price, very clean, near the beach.

But the best is the staff; expecially Natalia always very nice at bar. Marta, Andrew and Anessa as rececptionist very kindly smiley, always take care of you

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank arrotini69
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your fantastic stay with us! Your praise of our staff is greatly appreciated. We will be sure to pass your compliments along to each person; we know it will make their day. We hope you enjoy the rest of your visit, and we can’t wait to see you again in the future.
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The location of this hotel is undeniably excellent. That is where the positives start and finish regarding this hotel. Take my advice and stay somewhere else.

My friend and I booked a twin room. However, when we arrived were were given a double room and told nothing else was available. When I complained I was told that although I had selected a twin room I was only "expressing a preference". We stayed for seven nights and despite this length of time and several requests we were never provided a new room. Quite simply none of the staff were the least bit concerned with solving our problem and my friend and I were forced to share the same bed for the week.

The hotel bar closed at around 10 pm each night. This is a very poor service particularly when you consider the cost of staying there. Also they add a "hospitality service charge" on which I believe is a poor practice and simply a poorly disguised effort at bleeding more cash out of their customers. I have no problem with tipping and I accept it is part of the culture when in the US. However, I don't like the decision being taken out of my hands like this. I ordered a round of drinks on one occasion and received a dirty look from the barmaid and a lecture about it being five minutes before closing time (2155). She reluctantly prepared two drinks and made out as if she was doing me a massive favor. I definitely was seeing the benefits of my "hospitality service charge" that night.

One day we arrived back at our room at 1600 after having left at 0930 and the room had still not been serviced.

I realise that hotels are businesses that are profit driven. However, a good hotel will treat its guests well in the hope that they will come back. At the President I felt like they just wanted to suck as much cash out of us as they could in the one visit and they were not in anyway bothered about providing a good quality service and looking after our needs. We had paid for our room already and they didn't give a damn that it was not what we requested.

The continental breakfast is terrible. Cheap pastries and muffins and highly processed plastic looking cheese that reminded me of hospital food. Almost no fresh fruit and one cereal. To call it a continental breakfast is a joke.

The pipes in our bathroom would periodically bang together with such force that the noise would wake you up. The taps didn't have to be running or the toilet flushed for this to happen, we had no way to control this or predict when it would happen.

I will tell anyone I know who is planning a trip to Miami to avoid the President at all costs.

6 Thank ABARRY310
We’re very sorry that you were unhappy with your stay with us, and we apologize for the inconveniences you encountered due to a room with a double bed. We are also sorry that you were not offered excellent service during your stay. We understand that you were unhappy with the hospitality service fee, or gratuity, at our restaurant. Many of our international guests are not accustomed to tipping, creating the common practice of adding gratuity to the check in South Beach. You are always welcome to request the gratuity be removed if you are not satisfied with your service. We will take all your comments, including your thoughts on our breakfast, into careful consideration as we continually strive to improve. We would welcome the opportunity to make things right.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Just left South Beach at the President's Hotel I had a wonderful time and I went solo from
New York.. The gentleman behind the lobby counter, Andrew went beyond what he was
asked. He was friendly and ,extremely polite. He made my stay very pleasant/\ I would stay
there again because of the wonderful staff.

Iris M.

Just came back from South Beach. Stayed at the President's Hotel on Collins Ave. The
location was great, close to the beach, the stores and the restaurants. I found that the
young gentleman at the front desk in the lobby was very polite and eager to please the
clients. He was very informative, friendly and

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Thank you for telling us about your great stay and for your praise of our staff. We will be sure to pass your compliments along; we know it will make everyone’s day! We hope to see you again when you next want to enjoy some South Beach fun.
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We stayed in this hotel with my husband and my baby for few days and we had great time. The location is very good also the price. The only I didnt enjoy was buffet. But there is a lot of restaurants around so it want that big deal. Stuff was really nice and helpful and I can totally recommend this hotel :)

Room Tip: Go for the penthouse
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Jenny K, Guest Relations Manager at The President Hotel - Miami Beach, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Thank you for your recommendation! We are happy that you loved our location and rates. We are sorry that the breakfast did not live up to your expectations. We will take your comment into careful consideration. We hope to see you again when you next visit South Beach.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I stayed at The President on Saturday May 3, 2014. We arrived in the morning and were able to valet park our car and leave our bags so that we would be able to go walk around. Andrew at the front desk was very friendly and actually called us when our room was ready early. The room was very clean, the bathroom is small but it was updated and clean. Our beds were comfortable. My only complaint would be that the walls are very very thin and we had loud neighbours so didn't sleep much. The location is fabulous - one block from the beach and close to Lincoln Road shopping and just up from Collins Road shopping. We did not eat the free breakfast but instead went to The Penguin hotel (the sister property) where we got 1/2 price food for breakfast because we stayed at The President. The food was great. This was a girls weekend so it was a great stay. If I was with my kids possibly not because it was louder and I would need them to have more sleep. Once again - all the staff were very very friendly.

Room Tip: We were on the main floor so not sure if a higher floor may be more quiet.
Shelly,
It sounds like you had a fun girls beach trip, we’re very happy to have been a part of it! It is fantastic to hear that our location fit your needs perfectly and that you loved your breakfast at the Purple Penguin Café. We sincerely apologize for any inconveniences you encountered due to noise from other guests. We hope to see you again when you next visit South Beach.
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Overall this hotel was good. The location is great because you are one block from the beach. If you walk a few blocks either way you find lots of shopping, the location couldn't have been any better. The room was nice upon arrival. Clean sheets, towels, ect. This hotel is average, it's good for sleeping and showering. The beds were extremely noisy, whenever I would move it would make a pretty loud noise. The beds weren't the most comfortable but they weren't terrible. Also the walls are paper thin you can literally hear the people talking in the connecting room. Breakfast was okay. Had some toast, muffins, cereals, cheese. If you wanted to order other foods you'd have to pay for that out of pocket (pricey, which miami I known for). The hotel staff was pleasant and helpful. overall satisfied with the hotel just needed a place to crash for the night.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
It sounds like you and your friends had a fun girl’s beach trip, thank you for allowing us to be a part of it. We’re very happy that you loved our location. We apologize for any inconveniences you encountered due to noise from other guests. We are also sorry to hear that you were disappointed in the breakfast. We will take all your comments into careful consideration, thank you. We hope to see you when you next want to enjoy all that South Beach offers.