“great girls trip”

The Redbury South Beach
Ranked #17 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I went to south beach with some friends for my bachelorette party. I give this hotel 5 starts! amazing! The employees are great and went out of thier way to make us reservations and ensure we had a great trip. They even put welcome bags in our room full of goodies. The beds are very spacious and comfy... i recommend trying the restaurant downstairs. I also recommend going to the raleigh beach and hyde at SLS for the pool party.

Thank you for a great weekend!!!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear kris33388,

I remember the weekend you and your girlfriends were here celebrating! Three rooms full of lovely ladies all ready to have an amazing time in South Beach. I am so happy the staff met all of your expectations and you were able to enjoy each of our hotels. Congrats on your engagement!! I hope your wedding day is full of wonderful memories.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Beautiful hotel very tastefully done, amazing and attentive service and perfect location to have a blast with friends or romantic getaway! I would without doubt stay here again, and thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear KKL66,

Thank you so much for your review. It is certainly gratifying to hear great comments about the hotel. Please share it with the world. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Stayed here for a quick few days in South Beach. Brand new, fun/funky decor, clean, very comfortable, small but very nice bathroom, pool deck on the roof. Restaurant great too. Some amenities are at the Raleigh or SRS Hotels right across Collins Avenue--Raleigh has a much larger pool and beach access, SRS has the fitness center--but it's only a few steps away. Service exceptional, warm and friendly. We really liked it. Our room was toward the back, with no view--but better for us than the ones facing Collins Avenue, which I bet can be noisy.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michele21042
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Michele21042,

Thank you for posting your honest opinion about the hotel. It is such an advantage to have our two sister properties located so close to us. I am happy you were able to visit each property and really benefit from all the amenities we have to offer. Next time you and your family visit us, I recommend you try out the Collins view rooms, they are surprisingly quiet. Hope to see you back again soon!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

Me and my two girlfriends came to Miami for spring break, and had the most amazing time. The service and food was unbelievable, and it was right across from the beach! The front desk was so friendly, they helped us with reservations for dinner, fun activities to do, and even helped us get around with the house car (literally a life saver).
The rooms were beautifully designed with record players and some Beatles records (so cool!). When we arrived, they sent us some personalized treats to the room. The restaurant downstairs, Lorenzo, is delicious, and we were given 2 free cocktail/wine/gelato cards which came in handy. Another amazing aspect was that the Raleigh (owned by the same company) was right across the street with a pool, beach service, and amazing restaurants. Its as if you're staying there, without actually staying there. They easily bill everything to your room in the Redbury and really take care of you.
Overall, it was one of the best hotels i've ever stayed in. Highly recommended for anyone that wants a smaller boutique hotel without a crowd--truly an amazing week in Miami!
Thank you Redbury!

Dear Sarah Baradaran,

I am so happy to hear that you and your fellow spring breakers had a great time during your time off from your studies. Since we knew you were coming to have some fun in the sun – we personalized a remedy kit so that you can recover from your nights out fast! It is great that the house car was available to help you out so much around the beach. Thank you so much for the recommendations and the five stars. We can’t wait to have you back again for your next spring break!

Reviewed 18 March 2014

I recently stayed at the Redbury for 4 days with my fiance. Agreed, the staff is very friendly, and they do try. I think there is a problem with execution. This hotel is part of a larger hotel group so I dont think its unreasonable to expect a higher level of service. I should preface that if I did not pay $350/night (promotional rate) then I would not even be reviewing this and would be quite content. A couple things of concern: roof top pool, no water/refreshments. You must order and sometimes that took a while. When there was water available they took it away at 4 in the afternoon. It was quite hot out and the pool was relatively crowded. I called the front desk to ask why they didnt know but would send a server to bring water. That never happened. The restaurant does NOT know how to cook meat. Burger request medium rare....came out well done. Lamb Chops request medium rare...came out well done, 2nd request medium rare....came out RAW. They did credit us but come on?? It had been a while since I was in Miami, and I forgot that tip is usually included. This is my fault for not reading thoroughly, but I overtipped my waiter at the pool and had to request a refund. I think a friendly reminder about the inclusive tip is warranted. The rooms are nice, but I dont think the cleaning staff is thorough. The record players in the room are nice but do not work properly. You can hear your neighbors quite easily, and the hallways can be quite noisy. I had to put a sound machine app on my phone to drown out the noise. We were also never told about any of the amenities. We had to ask about beach access, but they never said a thing about the car service or anything else.

Overall, the concept of this hotel is great but needs some tweaking. I would NOT stay there again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank bhs167

Dear bhs167,

Nothing is more upsetting for me to hear than a guest that is not impressed with our hotel. It seems we got off to a good start with our friendly and welcoming hosts at the Front office. I hope the room was up to your standards besides the record player. While the restaurant is a separate entity it is very important to us that the experience our guests have is a memorable one. We take every detail of your review very seriously and we will be addressing the issues with the chef and restaurant manager immediately. I hope if you ever make another trip to Miami, you reach out to me so we can have a second chance to WOW you.

Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Rooms are large, modern, 50 inch led tv, immaculate & look a week old. No coffee making facilities.
Staff very happy to help. Food expensive but probably worth it!
Small roof top pool, but you can use the excellent pool across the road at the hotel Raleigh.
One problem is the room doors can slam closed, then need soft closers.

• Stayed: March 2014
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Shotokan1,

Thank you for sharing your honest thoughts on our hotel. We greatly appreciate the suggestion about the guest room doors and will look into it. We hope to see you again the next time you visit South Beach!

Reviewed 15 March 2014

The weekend of Miami's Winter Party, one of my besties booked the Redbury Hotel (Friday-Monday). This was our very first time staying at the Redbury, so unlike most "virgin hotel' goers, we were hoping for the best, yet kept our expectations low as we were both used to glorified on-line pictures only to discover a *dingier* real world hotel experience.

Best word I can use to describe the Redbury - DYNAMITE! Truly dynamite. The staff - DYNAMITE (particularly Exzarious Cobb, who served us cocktails poolside all day Saturday afternoon, became an instant friend and continued to serve us all weekend. THANKS AGAIN Exzarious!). The room (bed, bathroom/shower, comfort and cleanliness) - DYNAMITE. The rooftop pool - DYNAMITE. Location, BMW car service, EVERYTHING about it - DYNAMITE!

Hands down, we'll stay at the Redbury over and over and over. It's my new "home away from home" in South Beach. - MatthewBChicago

Room Tip: Miami weekends can get real expensive, real quick (dinners, drinks and more drinks, etc). Book a do...