“Sweet spot in South Beach!”

The Redbury South Beach
Ranked #12 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
NYC
“Sweet spot in South Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed for a quick one night get away from NYC. Check in was smooth, we had a large room, well appointed and clean. I really liked the art on the wall above the bed and the signature scent of all of the bath products! Room service was delicious, and the staff were friendly and welcoming. Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Dear FoxycoxyNYC,

It sounds like you had a very romantic little getaway from the cold NYC. The bath products are by CIEL Spa, sbe brand of course, and I completely agree the scent is subtle and sweet, “delicious.” We would love to have you and your boyfriend back again soon!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Finnish first
MD
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

Every March my friend I head to Miami for a little sun and fun. We booked at the Redbury. We liked the idea of staying a a boutique hotel but we were pleased to find out that we could have privalages at The Raliegh and SLS.
Bruce checked us in and he was super friendly. We were upset to find out we could not use The Raliegh pool because they were at capacity and someone else told us there was a $25 fee anyway.
We booked a corner suite and it was perfect. The room was large and had a huge bathroom perfect for two girls to get ready in.
Now for the pool. It was quiet and had plenty of lounge chairs. I was concerned at first because it was a little too quiet! We had the most wonderful charming man wait on us, Exarius! I have never been treated better at any hotel before. He waited on us hand and foot, and made us feel like royalty. He made our experience just perfect!
We really loved our stay at the Redbury. It was in a great location and I will be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank DANABEACHMd
Dear Taccoleo,

Thank you for such an honest review. We love to hear feedback from our fans on rooms and service. Our hosts know that every guest is very important and all requests must be delivered promptly. Being such a small hotel the lobby is certainly not like the Fontainebleau or W, but I think if you are looking for a warm cozy feeling that is what you get when you enter the Redbury.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

I actually can't rave enough about the level of service here. It was above and beyond most other hotels I've been to. One example - the only way to get ice is by calling down to the front desk and asking them to bring it to your room. Within 30 seconds someone was at our door asking for the ice bucket and less than 5 minutes later the ice had arrived. Before checking out, we asked if we could print our boarding passes. The girl at the front desk told me to email it to her, so I went up to the room and emailed it - within 3 minutes the boarding passes were printed and delivered to our room. There were other occasions we had to call and request things and every single time we had the same quick service. The staff was also super friendly. Though the rooftop pool was pretty basic and bare, it would do the trick if you wanted to just chill, but it's very small and limited chairs are available. On the plus-side, you can use the amenities at SLS and the pool at the Raleigh, which was a 2 minute walk across the street. We did that and it was fab! The hotel itself is a super cute boutique hotel, decorated modern but kind of hipster/retro. If you're looking for a grand entrance/lobby, this isn't your hotel. There is really no lobby at all, so no wow-factor that you can get by staying at one of the other major hotels in South Beach. We had brunch one day at Lorenzos in the "lobby" of the hotel and it was great. The staff and food there were A+. And they had the sickest bloody mary bar! Two Redbury complaints (and these would not prevent me from staying here again): I was disappointed that this was a brand new hotel and we had two huge stains (I'm talking the size of footballs) on the rug upon walking into our room. It was our first impression and it wasn't a good one. But then we walked two more feet and there was a hand-written note from the staff and a bottle of rose champagne for us (nice touch!)... I also have to say the water in the shower did not get nearly hot enough and the water pressure was pretty awful. Overall, a nice stay. You can't deny the excellent service here and the price for the location was on-point, considering some of the hotel bigger hotels were twice as much $. The decor was also just so super cute. I'd definitely recommend the Redbury!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank taccoleo
Dear Taccoleo,

West Bloomfield, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014 via mobile

This small boutique hotel hotel caters to your every need. The hotel is beautiful and brand new. The rooms are spacious with large marble bathrooms that are wonderful. I would for sure stay here again!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mercedes12345,

We would love to have you stay with us again. Please reach out to me when you begin planning your next trip so that we can make sure you have the same spacious room as last time! Thank you for the lovely review. We hope to see you again soon!

Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

We loved the location and the decor of the rooms. The front desk was a little unorganized. They gave us the wrong room, it was teeny, but after calling down to the front desk they rectified it. The entrance to the Hotel is very misleading, you can either go in through the restaurant which is on the main road or the entrance on the side road. The bathroom was spacious, clean and very modern.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Tennisdeuce,

Thank you so much for the review. The location of Redbury is certainly ideal. Lincoln Road is just two blocks away. We are close to Ocean Drive as well, but not to close where you can be disturbed by the traffic. The beach is only steps across the street. I am sorry you found the first room to be too small but it is great to hear the front desk was able to accommodate your preferences quickly and efficiently. We hope you come back and visit us again soon.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

The hotel is close to Lincoln Road (which is one of my favorite spots on South Beach for all the awesome people watching, shopping and food) and the service was well above my expectations. We were very well taken care of. I'll definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Bebaj24,

Thank you for your review. I can relate, I love Lincoln Road for the exact same reasons and think it’s very convenient to be only two blocks away. I am glad that you found the service to be exceptional and would love to have you back again soon. Please feel free to contact me to plan your next visit.

Duluth, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

As a person in the hotel/travel and tourism industry, I was skeptical about going to someplace so new. We stayed at The Redbury after a cruise in the beginning of March. We arrived about 12noon and they were happy to see us and welcomed us warmly. The front desk staff was happy to take our bags, give us drink tickets and show us the pool where we could relax until our room was ready. It is a beautiful roof top pool with waiter service, comfortable lounge chairs, big fluffy towels and umbrellas if you need a break from the sun. What more can you ask for?! Our room was ready by 2pm and I was surprised to see a handwritten note welcoming us with a chocolate record that matched the record player in the room, this really added to the art deco feel that defines SoBe! The room was clean, spacious, and had a great view of Collins. It also had new modern features like a master switch that controlled the lights and privacy indicators instead of the do not disturb sign that one usually hangs on the door. The desk staff had great recommendations for food and could not be more helpful. Every time we passed them they were smiling and friendly. We have been to SoBe multiple times and usually stayed at the Bentley on 5th and Ocean. I am so happy we decided to try something new and am already plotting our return to The Redbury! I can recommend them wholeheartedly!

Dear Effintravelers,

Thank you for taking the chance to try out our new hotel! It makes me happy when I hear that our hosts were accommodating when you arrived early. It can see you enjoyed our private little sanctuary on the rooftop, being secluded from the busy streets of Miami is really very relaxing. Thank you for recommending us, it is certainly a compliment coming from someone who visits South Beach so often! We would love to welcome you back to the Redbury anytime.