“A Little Bit of Paradise in South Beach”

The Redbury South Beach
Ranked #18 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
“A Little Bit of Paradise in South Beach”
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

We just had a wonderful time staying at the Redbury. The staff was top notch and very helpful and friendly. Our room was so cool and comfortable. The bed was heavenly, bathroom had everything you would want plus more! Lots of extra retro details made this hotel one with a very edgy style. I think our favorite part of the room was the record player along with a perfect selection of albums to sit back and enjoy. Don't forget to check out the rooftop pool, it's a perfect place to get away from the crowds and relax.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
Dear Slevy48,

The title you have selected has a beautiful ring to it! “A little bit of Paradise” is exactly what we aim for. Thank you for the compliments on the room and décor. Nothing makes me happier than hearing from a guest who had a pleasant experience. If you find yourself in need of some more relaxation, please do not hesitate to contact me. I would love to help you plan your next vacation in South Beach!

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 16 April 2014

My wife and I are vacationing in Orlando and decide to go meet some friends in Miami. We booked a 1 night stay at this hotel and I was a little skeptical about a hotel in South Beach. I travel plenty of times to Miami on business and usually stay at the Four Seasons, JW Marriott or the Mandarin. I was surprised to say the least at the level of service they were able to provide. Friendly people all throughout the place. The valet guys were courteous an helpful. I advised them I was going to be in and out often and my car was conveniently kept nearby. Check in was smooth and the hosted was very friendly. The room was spotlessly clean and tastefully decorated. They even had an LP player with a very good selection of LPs ranging from Marvin Gaye to Duke Ellington. The bathrobes were the best, better than most I've seen at some world class hotels. At one point as I walked down the hall towards the elevator one of the employees walking by the elevator noticed me and press the elevator button on my behalf. Now this act may have only saved me 20 seconds but it was the fact that an employee instinctively and without hesitation was ready to provide such service. The hotel is conveniently located near Lincoln Road which means after a night of dinning and drinking you can either crawl as you are nearby or cab it for a few bucks. Checkout was just as great. Bruce is the best. And by the way thanks for the hat.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Pray687342
Dear Pray 687342,

Thank you so much for the fabulous review. I understand that South Beach has an interesting reputation, to say the least. Thank you for trying us out, I am happy we were able to win you over. I love the story about the elevator, while it is a small gesture it does make a difference in the guest experience. Orlando is just a few hours away, so if you ever feel like escaping please think of us! We would love to have you back.

Houston, Texas
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This was our first stay at this hotel... and it was also our last stay at this hotel. We booked here after reading the reviews and based on availability at the time of our stay. Even though we booked well in advance of our stay we were put in a ground floor room that seemed basement-like.
If you like coffee in the morning, forget it, they don't provide a coffee maker in your room like every other hotel in the world where I've stayed. If you like having your room made up while you're out you should stay elsewhere; it took them two days to come clean, provide clean towels and make the bed; they finally did it late in the afternoon of the second day ... after two calls. They don't put top sheets on the beds, only a heavy duvet type blanket causing us to turn the air conditioning way down so we didn't overheat. There is one cheap plastic chair to sit on and it's not the most comfortable chair; certainly not for reading, chatting or viewing TV. We were told we could view TV programs from all over the world, among other things, but, none of that worked. There was a record player with a few good albums in the room, however, after lowering the tone arm it was so light it would just skip across the record. When leaving the room, you cannot rely on the door closing behind you, you must pull it shut. We asked for a late check-out for our departure date because our flight was late in the afternoon; they said they couldn't tell us if it was o.k. until the morning of our departure; that morning when we called we were told they would grant us late check-out to noon. Upon check out, they asked how our stay could have been made better, so, I told them; by their reaction, or rather lack of, I don't think it mattered to them at all. I can't tell you what other hotels in the area are like, but, we did have dinner and drinks at a couple of the hotels in the area and found their staff and facilities to be excellent; I'm sure there are many other wonderful hotels in the area. Maybe we just caught the Redbury on a bad day, but, I would avoid the this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank C G
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear CG,

It makes me sad that we could not anticipate your preferences. We are clearly different than most hotels that you have stayed in and we appreciate your comments. In most cases if we are advised of certain preferences prior to arrival we can make them happen. We wish this could have been the case with items such as the coffee maker and high floor request. You have very valid points and we appreciate you taking the time to make us aware of items that we can take immediate actions such as the online programing and the door closure. I have added your preferences to your profile should you happen to come back to Miami and wish to give us a second try. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of assistance.

Columbia City, Indiana
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Just spent 2 nights at the Redbury celebrating our anniversary. I want to say that the staff here is the BEST! From Bruce, who greeted and checked us in, to Monique who taught us what their logo means, everyone was GREAT! Our room was on the third floor next to Collins Ave., it was very quiet. And the bed - I LOVED the bed and bedding! I slept like a baby. The decor was very cool, music posters and movie star pics, and a sweet Crosley phonograph with albums to play! The bathroom had double sinks and plenty of big towels, very nice! I checked out the pool on the roof and it was nice.
Saturday evening we were to meet friends at the west end of Lincoln and we asked Bruce about taxis, but he called to see if the complimentary car was available and we got driven there in a brand new BMW!! How sweet is that!! Thanks Bruce! Then upon checkout, we were waiting for our car to be brought around and had planned on getting our "free" gelato, but they weren't out yet. These are right by the front desk. Monique went back to the kitchen to see if there was any and found out that they had just been made for the day. The kitchen staff brought out a vanilla for my husband and an espresso for me, in plastic containers that we could eat from in the car. EXCELLENT!!! Thanks, Monique!! The staff at the Redbury certainly went the extra mile for us.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheSewingbee
Dear TheSewingBee,

It brings me great pleasure to know that you had a wonderful time at the Redbury celebrating your Anniversary. These special occasions come only once a year and our team understands how important it is to create a memory that will last forever. I am happy that you enjoyed your room and were able to make use of all of the amenities. Our logo story is very interesting, I am very glad Monique was able to share the story with you. The ice cream sounds the sweetest ending to an amazing stay. Please think of us on your next special occasion. We would love to see you again soon!

Essex, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 April 2014 via mobile

This is our 3rd visit to the Redbury this year. Love coming back. Made to feel very welcome. The front desks hosts are great and nothing is to much trouble. The rooms are very modern with great beds and bathrooms.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Dobbidoos,

Wow, 3 visits! The team has grown to know your family so well that when they see your name on the arrival list there is an exciting buzz in the air. I am glad that we continue to make your stays in Miami a nice getaway with your loved ones. Hope to see you really soon!

Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I took my 23 year old daughter with me on business in Miami. I decided to book this hotel for a change of pace. The hotel staff was fantastic, the hotel was fun and the location was great. The hotel turned a business trip into a great break with my daughter. I will definitely return again!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Kathryn925
Dear Kathryn925,

Thank you reviewing our hotel! It’s great to hear that a business trip to South Beach turned into a great way to bond with your daughter and have fun together. Next time you need another fun little getaway please keep us in mind, we would love to have you back.

Reviewed 11 April 2014

You know how it is when you can instantly tell that everyone in an office or group or whatever, really enjoys what they are doing. Almost as if they would be there even if they didn't work there... Well, the staff at the Redbury South Beach gives off that vibe! Everyone from the Manager to the desk staff and the bartender just ... Do the right thing. A genuine personal touch that only a "boutique" style hotel could possibly pull off. The Hotel Manager literally spent some of her own personal time to rescue me from an odd situation. We all know that we perform better when we know that ... "The Boss is taking care of us" ... Clearly the case with the Redbury! My visit was too short, but very relaxing and enjoyable. You won't be dissapointed if you stay here. The staff will happily take care of everything you might ever need!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear Al K.,

It is true that our team truly enjoys working in hospitality. Not often can you find so many people who all have the same passion and can work together so harmoniously. That same vibe that you felt from the staff is what keeps me coming back to work each day with a smile on my face. I would love to take care of you again soon! Thank you for taking the time to write such a lovely review. I look forward to welcoming you back.