“Cool Staff, Fresh Feel.”

The Redbury South Beach
Ranked #18 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Rome, Italy
“Cool Staff, Fresh Feel.”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

First hotel I've stayed at in Miami and it was definitely a positive experience. The biggest positive impression was the staff who were warm and helpful. Big bonus points when they gave our son a set of beach toys to play with. The bed was perfect for my wife and I (king) and we both felt they had good well cleaned fresh linen (an achievement in a hot climate) that felt like new. We would stay again just off the quality of the bed. The decor is really a winner as well, it's themed but tasteful ratpack/vegas/miami chic that works and totally suits the hotel's location. Someone paid attention to the prints etc but they are not OTT I also thought the LP player in the room with a selection of records was cute. Was there with family but would work for a couple just as well, and if you were looking to escape some conference colleagues this would be a place to hang.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Mark_RiceGuardian
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Mark_RiceGaurdian,

We are so delighted to learn that you found such comfort in our rooms. If you are looking for a good night rest after a long day of fun in the sun our mattresses and linens are the perfect to help you relax. Everyone in the team loved you son! Such a great smile, and so friendly… a true charmer! I am glad he enjoyed the toys. We hope to see you and your family again during you next visit to south beach.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (152)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 19 June 2014

If you enjoy boutique hotels with charm, this is where you need to stay. It feels as if you are at home in a cosy and authentic atmosphere. The contrast with South beach and other hotels is quite striking. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the bathroom is beautiful, the bed incredibly comfortable, the linen soft and your sleep rejuvenating. I stayed 3 nights and was impressed by both the professionalism and the kindness of the staff, as well as by their willingness to make your stay a memorable one. I recommend this hotel wholeheartedly. I encourage you to discover this hotel and for the hotel to remain as beautiful, cozy and the staff as kind and professional as it currently is.
Karim C, Geneva, Switzerland

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Karim C
Dear Karim C.,

The term boutique gets thrown around a lot nowadays, it feels great when you find that one unique property that truly stands out from the rest. We take pride on having a secret little sanctuary away from the buzzing streets, yet close enough to join the action when the time is right. I am glad you “discovered” your new home in Miami. Please come back to visit our team soon! If you need any assistance with booking please feel free to reach out to me anytime.

Birmingham
Reviewed 19 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed here last night and booked a twin double room as there were me, my wife and our son. The double beds are not doubles... They are 3/4 doubles. There was also only one pillow on each bed so I think they are normally twin single rooms. I complained to reception and they moved us to Queen bed rooms, so all was good!

The receptionist was very helpful and the location is wonderful. There is a rooftop plunge pool (only 4 ft deep) and the location is literally 100m from the beach if that...

I would definitely recommend this hotel if you are staying in miami :)

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank PhattBloke
Dear Phattbloke,

It is pleasing to hear that our Front Office was able to resolve the issue with you double room so quickly and efficiently, and I apologize for the confusion upon booking. Thank you for choosing the Redbury South Beach as your vacation destination. We look forward to a return visit from your family!

Sicnerely,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed a few nights at the Redbury in early June. The room was small, but very cute. I like the decor and little touches, such as an old vinyl player on the desk.
The bathrooom is of good size and also the closet space is great.
The staff at Reception was always very friendly and helped make different dinner reservations.
Upon arrival I was a bit surprized that the entrance is either on a side street where the valet is, without any clear indication (even the cabby didn't know exactly where the entrance was), or you have to walk through the restaurant on Collins Avenue, which I find a bit less appealing.
I was quite disappointed with their breakfast. They do not serve hot breakfast before 9am. I understand that this is a leisure destination and most people will sleep in, but I expect a hot breakfast - even if only in a reduced form - to be available at a 4 star hotel also before 9am.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Simo79CC14,

I am pleased and proud to know that our team was helpful throughout your stay. Our hosts know this city very well and are great recommending the hot spots and cool places to dine. I will admit our entrance is a bit different from many hotels in South Beach, and unfortunately having been open less than a year our property is not as well known to many of the cab drivers in the area just yet. We are working on ways to improve all the time and appreciate the feedback. I will also be sure to pass your comments to Lorenzo about the breakfast. I hope you will join us again for your next trip to Miami so that you may enjoy the improvements that we will be making.

Florenica Gariboldi
New York, New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights last week at the Redbury based on the reviews, location and size of the rooms. The staff was very friendly from reservations to checkout. They were able to accommodate our preference for two adjacent rooms and were ready to suggest places to eat or visit. Everything was very clean and new, the beds were really comfortable, the shower was awesome, robes were a nice touch, the A/C was very cool if you need it to be. The rooms are not huge but OK based on what I read about other hotels (we had two rooms--a double and a king, the king had a double-vanity but the double had a single vanity) and we got a pretty decent deal, although after all fees--still a bit pricey for low season. The plus is that you get access to the sister properties (the Raleigh pool and beach, or the SLS fitness center) which are both across the street. The rooftop pool was small but it was nice and quiet and clean and always had a fresh supply of clean plush towels and citrus-infused water available. The pool lounge chairs were comfy and there is a nice sitting/lounging area as well on the roof. There are no ice machines so you need to call for ice which arrives quickly. I ordered coffee from the lobby restaurant each morning (Lorenzo's) because the nearest expresso bar is about 4 blocks away (you can walk up to order or order room service for a few dollars extra). The gelato was yummy. Location was good for shopping, restaurants, other hotels--the beach is a block away and Ocean Drive is about a 10-15 minute walk. There's a large 24-hr drugstore a block and a half away where you can get anything you need.

One negative thing is that there is no "grand" entrance. When our cab dropped us off we were staring at the entrance to Lorenzo's restaurant and realized you had to walk through it to get to the desk or walk around the corner to the side street where the valet was located to enter the hotel. So if you don't mind low-key this is not a big deal, but the other flashier hotels have "grand" entrances with long circular driveways which I personally did not miss for the price we paid here.

Overall a good experience for a forty-something looking to relax.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Kerokaren,

Thank you for such a nice review! We are happy to read that you had a nice stay and were able to enjoy our sister properties Raleigh and SLS. Not to brag, but we really do have some of the best employees in South Beach and it is great to hear they really took care of you. You certainly had a true Redbury experience, from the comfortable pool lounge to the gelato in the lobby. Still being such a new property there is always ways to improve and I agree the entrance could be a bit grander. We have some ideas that are in the work and hopefully when you come back for some more R&R you will be happily surprised with the changes we have made. Looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

New York
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This was a nice property with interesting rooms. The front desk staff, as well as the beach staff, were lovely and always very helpful. I can't say enough good things about them! However, for such a nice hotel it was a shock to come back to the room after 4pm and find it still not made up. We were told that 6 pm was the goal. Six o'clock at night. That's unacceptable in my opinion. If I wanted to live with unmade beds and wet towels I wouldn't be paying these prices. Also housekeeping gave us exactly 1 wash cloth and exactly 2 hand towels each day. I'm not sure what that's all about, and I know I could have called to have more sent up, but who actually wants to have to request something so basic?

Additionally, I felt that the resort fee of $20 a day was high for what it bought. First there was admittedly good wireless. It's unnecessary however since the city of Miami seems to be covered, for free - I'd have to disconnect the city's wireless that I'd been using on the beach to get the hotel's. It also gets you towels & chairs on the beach (no umbrella - that's another $20 a day), though only until 5pm, when they take everything back even though there are hours of daylight left and it's actually the most pleasant time to be on the beach. There's also access to a gym at another hotel down the street...not something most people are going to schlep down Collins to take advantage of.

Lastly, the restaurant was ridiculously over priced - 2 coffees were over $11. It was empty the entire time we were there, so they might take that as a clue.

So this review is all over the place, but bottom line, I'm meh about the place. It was nice but I wasn't happy with the experience. They got the physical property and their staffing right but their service policies leave much to be desired.

Room Tip: The windows appeared to be very sound proof, so even though we faced Collins, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank smarcy
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Smarsy,
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We take honest comments from people like you very seriously. It pains us to hear the not-so good stuff, but it helps us learn and improve! I am glad that you liked the property and the staff and appreciate the nice words.
The next time you’re back in town, let me know! I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay is an all-out success and that we make up for this past stay.

Chicago Heights, Illinois
Reviewed 16 June 2014

I never really do social media, but I feel so compelled to express my experience at the "Redbury" South Beach Miami, as it was so nice! We checked in late night, last week, and the front desk of the hotel was great. Easy and seamless. So nice. Entering our room my boyfriend was in love with the record player and classic hits.
Waking in the late afternoon, we went to the roof to enjoy the pool. Very nice, clean, and quite. We requested service for some drinks. A good looking Italian gentleman arrived and explained the celebrity cocktails. They were great drinks. Our server invited us for dinner at the Hotel restaruant called Lorenzos. We accepted.
We had the same server as the pool, James, as he greeted us in the dinning room and seated us outside under the umbrellas. He was very nice. He said "Not only am I your server, but I am your personal assistant." We melted. That was a nice touch! And the food was great!!!
At the end our our meal, our server invited us to meet Fala, (I think that is her name), at the dessert station to view all of the italian ice creams. They are made fresh. We choose some fruit sorbets and some coffee. An overall over the top outstanding experience! I will recommend The RedBury South Beach to all of my friends. The best. Thank so much!!!

Room Tip: Does not matter, the record player and classic hits will turn you on!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Annette A
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this review, 20 June 2014
Dear Annette A,

Knowing that it is unlike you to write reviews, it means so much that you did. Thank you from everyone here at the Redbury for the 5 star review and recommendations. We will be sure to share your kind words with our friends in Lorenzo. See you soon!