“Up”

The Redbury South Beach
Ranked #16 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

This hotel is heaven on earth. The staff makes sure you not only spend every second enjoying it to the fullest but you see in them how much they care. I have no complain about the rooms, my only complain is that i cannot take the perfect staff home with me for company

• Stayed: July 2014
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear John_Tripadvisor

Thank you for such a great review. We love to make our guests happy and it seems it felt like home… So glad you got that feeling. We’d let you move right in, if we could! We hope we get the chance to welcome you back again. Please call me for any future reservations and I will make sure we take care of you. It’s the least we can do to sincerely thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We are staying in this hotel right now, and only good experience we have was the valey parking, everything else were horrible....my girlfriend told them to clean the room around 10 am and when we come back 2 pm nothing was touch ...the toilet paper is like sand paper not a paper what should be used by 4 stars hotel.... You can't get your own ice ...you need too wait for somebody to bring it to your room but that somebody will never come !!!!! and you are at hot hot south beach .... Anything we ask we never get .... It is really sad this hotel have 4 start !!!! Please be really wise and do your homework before you book this hotel .... Plus the room have really bad isolation .... You can here people to whisper ....no privacy !!!!too many option on tv but nothing is working ... We didn't get TV guide !!!! Please be smart !!!!

4  Thank Stan U

Dear Bllava0069,
Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback. We take honest comments from people like you very seriously. It pains us to hear the not-so good stuff, but it helps us learn and improve! We’re proud of our outstanding service, clean and stylish rooms, and great location, and don’t like our guests to be anything less than 100% happy. My sincere apologies for not giving you the level of service you expected and should have received.

I would love to speak with you personally about your visit and where we dropped the ball. Our conversation will help me give our team the training, support and direction it needs to exceed our guests’ expectations moving forward. We really do want to win you over.
Hope to hear from you soon. You can reach out to me at Florencia.gariboldi@theredbury.com

Reviewed 22 July 2014

Stayed here for a week in early July.

Positives
- Great location, only a few mins from the beach and just across the road from some tour bus stops!
- Use of pool / beach faciliies of Raleigh across the street. Although when we went there, Raleigh reception said we couldn't use their pool. Similarly at the beach the attendant had no idea what the Redbury was or the arrangement, but after some convincing allowed us to use 2 chairs and towels for free anyway.
- Great restaurant just one block down - 1826 check it out!
- Super comfortable bed with huge TV - perfect comfort in the bedroom!
- Bathroom his/her basins fantastic, albeit we could hear our neighbours loud and clear (see below).

Negatives
- Extortionate parking fees; at least provide directions on your site to the parking lot opposite Loews hotel at $16/night rather than your $42/night valet option. It is a 10min walk and with luggage it isn't for the elderly, but I'd rather hurt my arms than my wallet and our stay would have cost in excess of $200 in parking, had we have gone with you...
- There are a number of food / drink amenities on the desk top in the bedroom. I wouldn't mind however the sum total of everything laid out must well exceed $200 and in a small room with limited desk-top space it just all takes up room and jiggles whenever you touch any of the bottles, like you're in a car ferry or ship. The record player, two trays of booze and snacks on top, then a bottle of Evian on another table (at $10 I believe!). It's like a platter selection right there. Perhaps stick it in the mini-bar like every other hotel so that if we're not interested, we can make use of the table tops to put our stuff instead?
- Sound proofing. I urge management to take a look into this. When taking a bath one evening I could hear my neighbours' conversation next door. I don't think this was because of thin walls, more because the extraction outlets in the ceiling are linked and so there's just air connecting the rooms. I could hear absolutely everything they were up to in the bathroom and it grossed me out.. I would urge management to test this to see exactly why this is the case as the sounds from bathrooms are audible from one to another.
- Cost. I booked well in advance at a "25% Discount Rate" rate to secure the booking. It was a pre-pay booking. I checked a few weeks before departure and for the same room and on a flex basis, the cost had gone down perhaps 30%. I felt gutted that I had been robbed in this way, especially considering I had booked directly with the hotel. Their "early-bird" special discount rates aren't so special after all, so PLEASE DO YOUR RESEARCH when booking so as to get a good price (unlike us).

The staff were all friendly and the pool was great. I guess the hotels in SB aren't all that special which surprises me with the Ritz Carlton and other world famous brand 5* hotels down the street, for this to be the top.

Room Tip: Get one where you can't hear your neighbours in the bathroom.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank p0lak
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear P0lak,

Thanks for taking the time to give us such detailed feedback. We take honest comments from people like you very seriously. It pains us to hear the not-so good stuff, but it helps us learn and improve! We will certainly add all your comments to your profile, therefore we can better accommodate your stay in the future.

Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

We were here working, and a gf was here to come hang with you from NY. Every hotel was booked and this was what was left but everything happens for a reason. As it was an amazing experience. Have James at Lorenzo as your server he is so amazing fun and comical! Great time. As well the hotel is very accommodating leaving us a hangover kit in our room. It's a small quaint hotel but I love it and so is our group of girls! I would recommend. And definitely get James as a server!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Brittany T

Dear Brittany T,

I am glad that fate got you to give us a chance! I will share your comments with the Lorenzo Team and particularly with James, he would love to hear your kind words!
Please let us know if you come back to Miami, we would love to see you again.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Although centrally located to all South Beach has to offer, rooms are surprisingly peaceful. Every staff member we came in contact with was eager to help and extremely kind. We booked this hotel for its location and the fact it had a bathtub. Upon check in, we discovered our room only had a shower. We called down to the front desk and were immediately helped to satisfy our request for a bathtub by being moved to another room. This adjustment was made graciously and quickly!

Rooftop pool was clean with a nice view of adjacent Art Deco buildings. We were informed a bar was being constructed at the pool and will be available soon. Meanwhile, we were allowed to bring our drinks from the downstairs bar up to the pool.

Only negative item was that we had to cross the street to get to the beach, but not too inconvenient at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear WorldBound_5000,

Thank you for your Tripadvisor review. It’s great to hear that you had a nice time at The Redbury and that the staff was helpful and accommodating. We are currently working on a rooftop bar addition and we hope you will visit us soon to see the progress.
Please let us know when your travel arrangements bring you back to Miami, we would love to welcome you back at The Redbury.

Reviewed 18 July 2014 via mobile

Rooms were fabulous. Location great. Helpful staff. Would highly recommend this hotel. The food also very good and roof top pool looked amazing. Beds exceptionally comfortable. Small touches like record player in room lovely dressing gowns and even umbrellas made a nice touch.

2  Thank Janezzfox
SBE L, General Manager at The Redbury South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear Janezzfox,

Thanks so much for your kind review, I will be sure to share it with our Team! We are proud of our Staff, the accommodations and amenities we provide and I am glad you enjoyed them. We hope to have you at Redbury again soon!

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Stayed here 7 nights over 4th of July. Everything was perfect. The rooms and bathrooms were big and very clean and modern.
The hotel is very quiet even though it sits right on Collins and 18th. The service is awesome, starting from the front desk, maintenance people who all say "hello" and housekeeping who do a great job and are also very friendly.
The rooftop is always a good place to relax, watch the stars and have cup of cold water which is set right off the elevators.
The arrangement with the SLS is perfect for use of the exercise room which is small but have everything one may need. The arrangement with the Raleigh, where you can use their towels/beach chairs, and for $20.00 you can use an umbrella. $20.00, get over it, it's Miami, and by the way, the kids there do a great job keeping up and making sure you're comfortable.
Lastly, the Restaurant, tried it towards the end of the vacation since it was always mostly empty and there are many other options, but we ended up going there 2 nights in a row. It is awesome! The chef is a James Beard award winner and the his book is in the room for you to browse (we bought it in Amazon later). The food is amazing, and the prices are very reasonable (for Miami prices). We never tried breakfast since there are so many choices around, and we mostly just have coffee and Yougurt, so we went mostly to Starbucks.
The bar, sorry to say do not how to make drinks (stay away from the restaurant bar).
So, this hotel IS THE place to stay. Stop searching.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DELTRAV

Dear Deltrav,

What a pleasure to read your review! Thanks for taking the time to write it and share your experience with the world. I am glad to hear that you had a great stay and that our Staff and accommodations were to your liking. I have to agree with you on our rooftop, such a relaxing space! Will share your comments with Lorenzo, the good and the bad, it is only through honest feedback like yours that we can improve and make necessary changes. The next time you’re back in town, let me know! I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay is an all-out success.