“Great Stay”

Beacon South Beach Hotel
Ranked #58 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed at the Beacon in South Beach during a business trip in June. I had read some good reviews online, but also a few people warning about the "basement room." So when I checked in I asked for a room on the highest floor they had available, and they accommodated me with a room on the 5th floor.

It's an old hotel, so don't expect spacious rooms, but they're well kept and fairly well up to date. The beds are very soft and comfortable, and the bath towels are fantastic! The location is terrific if you're looking for the typical South Beach scene. It's right across the street from the beach, and rooms facing that direction will have ocean views. It's also right in the middle of a cool stretch of sidewalk restaurants/bars, so there's plenty to see and do. I stayed Mon-Thur so I missed the crazy party scene, but even so, the area was crowded and getting more so as the week went by, although I heard zero noise in my 5th floor room.

Valet parking is a must, and operated by a third party company, but is (surprisingly) cheap for the area at $20 a day. The hotel offers a free breakfast, but since "it's Miami" (according to the front desk girl), it doesn't start till 9am, and I was out well before then each morning. I would highly recommend the Cuban restaurant a few doors down, and beware of the fat bearded homeless guy who likes to sleep on the bench out front wearing a two piece bikini.

Room Tip: I would advise asking for a room on the 4th or 5th floor if possible. You'll get a more restful...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Crstobal66

Reviewed 21 June 2012

We had a great google offer which had complimentary valet which is a MUST to have on south beach. We arrived and check in. We were given a free round of drinks at the bar. We were on the very top floor which was good cause the street level was loud of course it south beach. I was there with my partner and they gave us 2 double beds instead of 1 king. We were able to see the beach from the room by looking far right onto the beach. There are complimentary beach chairs which is awesome towels also shampoo. My only issue was the bed. The sheets were very synthetic. Didn't fit the bed. Really hot material. But overall it's south beach so you don't go to stay in your room. The bar is tiny and too lit out front stopvfor 1 drink and move on. No need to eat at the restaurant except for the complimentary breakfast they offer.
If you are going for a booze filled vacation and need a bed to lay. This is the place to go cause it seems everyone that was staying there was doing the same.

Room Tip: The higher the better and obviously facing beach.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

The rooms are small and offer no amenities. ie coffee pot. The bathroom is so small you have to put your head against the shower door to sit down on the toilet. The food and drinks are overpriced. Can barely fit 2 people in the 1 elevator. On a good note, Julio was the best most attentive person when it came time to get our car and take out our luggage. We got free breakfast. If you are young and only want a place to crash after partying in South Beach, this is your place.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 June 2012

We stayed here for 13 nights and we really enjoyed it and I would definitely go back the next time I visit South Beach!
Excellent service, the staff did everything they could to make sure you enjoyed your stay. The complimentary breakfast was also very good, with many choices.
This is the hotel you must go to, when you visit South Beach, period!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

I should start off by saying that I NEVER write reviews, but I had such a good experience at The Beacon, I just had to post my praises.

I stayed at The Beacon a few weeks ago for my girlfriends bachelorette party. We had a total of 16 girls (between the ages of 25-35) and we all stayed at The Beacon. Every single one of us had nothing but wonderful things to say about our stay and experience at the hotel. First of all, we booked well in advance, so the room rates were more than reasonable. Next, the hotel staff was first class all the way. They were accommodating, polite, friendly and helpful. They greeted us each time we came into the hotel and as we left. They were helpful with our bags, early/late checkout as well as helping us to coordinate shuttles to/from the hotel to the airport.

The rooms were clean and decorated beautifully. We had an ocean front suite (which I highly recommend booking) that was lovely and the perfect size for two people, although the bathroom was a bit small, but it was very nice. The decor was fresh and modern - very beachy feel. The lobby was also beautiful with two sitting areas that were very modern and decorated beautifully. Great spot for taking pictures before a night out on the town.

In the hotel room they provide two beach chairs and beach towels that you can use for free. Also, they provided a very nice breakfast selection that was complimentary. When we saw the free breakfast advertisement, we thought it would be a continental breakfast with fruits, muffins, etc but we were pleasantly surprised to see that it was a choice of hot breakfast items (eggs, bacon, sausage, home fries, pancakes, waffles, etc) and the food was very good! The hotel also provided free bottles of cold water, which was perfect after sitting out on the beach.

The hotel is right in the middle of the South Beach only a few doors down from Wet Willies, which was awesome and directly across from the beach, which was awesome. There was just so much to do at every turn.

I will be returning to South Beach and when I do, I'm staying at The Beacon! I cannot wait to go back!

Room Tip: Definitely stay in one of the ocean front suites. If possible, as for the corner suite. I believe it...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Me and my girlfriend spent 2 nights at beacon hotel. The location is amazing: You just need to cross Ocean Drive to get to the beach and at night you're in the middle of the action. The hotel is clean, well kept and the service is very good. We've booked a room with breakfast and i really suggest you to do the same, because the food is good and you can have breakfast outside. It's not a budget hotel but it worth the money. If i come back to Miami i will definitely consider to stay there again. One last word to the staff: everybody is really nice and kind. Reynaldo, the "doorman" is much more that just a "doorman". If you need anything you can talk to Reynaldo because he is always ready to help (and he actually do!) and he always have a genuine smile for you.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed in Beacon Hotel for one night and we liked it. Helpful staff, great a la carte breakfast (fresh juice, good coffee, tasty meal). The room was clean, no bedbugs. Beach towels and chairs and other necessary amenities. The bed was comfortable.

We booked a room in the morning and wanted to check in before check in time the same day - they agreed and even upgraded it.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple