“Good location, but "historic" building shows its age”
Review of Beacon Hotel

Beacon Hotel
Ranked #52 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Good location, but "historic" building shows its age”
Reviewed 24 February 2013 via mobile

Located in a very characteristic area of South Beach, retains art deco features but would benefit from some refurbishing. Room size is dictated by historic building's features - which means rather small by most standards. Good familiar-type service and cleanliness standards. Be prepared to be asked if you would like to stop for lunch by the restaurant staff outside (as by any other restaurant"s in the area) every single time you walk in the hotel.

Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, 28 February 2013
First let me seize the opportunity to thank you for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your holiday destination and for reviewing us. Please know that it is indeed our privilege to have served you.

We are very happy to learn that your enjoyed our service standards. I do sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you encountered while staying with us and I would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us. I apologize that our hotel did not seem to be the right fit for you.

Please be assured that the issue you raised was addressed and an appropriate action will be taken promptly.

For any aspects or additional comments you may also contact me directly at (305)674-8200 ext. 664.

I do sincerely hope that you would consider staying at the Beacon Hotel once again. Please do contact me if I can assist you with any future reservations. I am confident that we can restore your faith in the hotel.

Elvis Taylor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (381)
  • Finnish first
Douglas, Michigan
Reviewed 24 February 2013

The breakfast special was really nice. Good waffles and love the egg white omelet.

The service was excellent. The hostess was very inviting and the servers did a great job and were very friendly.

I would always go back there for dining. Hotel is too high, but restaurant is perfect.

CUMBRIA
Reviewed 23 February 2013

The Beacon is definitely in the heart of the action os South Beach. Free breakfast is brilliant. The rooms are really quiet considering where it is. Really loved the Art Deco style of the hotel and the fact some of Scarface was filmed there!! The room was clean but I thought it was quite shabby. The bedside tables were chipped and marked and the bedside lamps were getting rusty. I would probably try somewhere else if we returned as it was our 1st time here.

1 Thank jemc67
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, 27 February 2013
Thank you for staying at the Beacon Hotel and for providing feedback on your stay. We do regret that your stay was rather unpleasant but want you to know that it is indeed our privilege to have served you.

We would like you to know that we appreciate you sharing your positive comments on our hotel, our location, and our daily continental breakfast. Please accept my most sincere apologies for the disappointment experienced during your stay here at the Beacon hotel. I am addressing this concern of yours at this precise moment and intend on taking immediate action to resolve this issue. Please contact me at elvis@beaconsouthbeach.com as I would like to make this up to you and discuss further details.

Even though you were not happy with your stay, I and the entire Beacon team conclude with hope that you would grant us another opportunity to show you the true Beacon culture should you make another trip in South Beach Miami.

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Second stay at the Beacon Hotel And loved it . If your looking to be right in the heart of south beach the Beacon is where it's at ! Rooms are clean, staff is amazing ,food is excellent ... Beach is across the street and the action never stops ! What more can you want ! Definitely will stay again . P.s. I brought my 5 week year old son and staff was so amazing to accommodate me with hot water to warm bottles Or ice to chill his formula and anything else I needed in between. very child friendly here

• Stayed February 2013
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 22 February 2013

I've read extensive reviews of hotels on South Beach looking for the place that would have quiet rooms (aka can't hear street noise and revelers). I didn't know if that would be true of the Beacon, but my normal business hotel locations were booked due to an art fair, Beacon had reasonable rate, and I thought "why not stay by the beach?" Location cannot be beat. Walk to the beach across the street; tote a lawn chair with you which you'll find in your room closet. Restaurants, shopping, live music all within blocks. Because the Beacon is an older hotel, the walls are likely brick. I was elated with the fact that I didn't hear other rooms' running water, televisions or conversations, nor could I even hear hallway noise or slamming doors. The room was basic in furnishing: no desk chair or love seat, but this was a business stay, so I didn't mind. Flat screen TV, dresser, mini bar, safe, Wi-Fi. Very comfortable bed; pristine cleanliness. Bathroom a little tight maybe if you're a big person, but I found it fine. Love the lobby décor and intimate feel. One of the best hotel stays I've had. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: King size bed room is comfortable
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for choosing the Beacon Hotel as your preferred Hotel and for submitting such a great review.

Based on your amazing comments we know that your overall stay at the Beacon Hotel was a memorable one. I will make sure to share your compliments with the entire Beacon team. Thank you so very much for loving our Beacon culture.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of counting you among our guests in the not too distant future.

Sweden
Reviewed 19 February 2013

We didn't look to stay at Ocean drive but found that we got the best value on Beacon.
Great helpful and friendly staff, clean and all-OK rooms (we stayed in the old building), OK breakfast and easy access to beach, restaurants and night life.
WiFi did not work in our room at the old building. However they offer two PC's and a printer. Great to be able to print sopping lists, etc.
Inexpensive valet parking.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
BeaconSoBe, General Manager at Beacon Hotel, responded to this review, 20 February 2013
Thank you for your recent stay at the Beacon Hotel and for taking the time to write and share details of your experience with us.

We are pleased to know that our service level had been to your satisfaction. I will make sure to share your positive comments with the entire Beacon team.

We are looking forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back at the Beacon Hotel.

Kindest Regards,

KY
Reviewed 18 February 2013

We stayed 2-3-13 thru 2-6-13 (pre-cruise). Wonderful experience, clean rooms, wonderful free breakfast, beach chairs and towels provided. Will stay again and recommend to everyone who is lloking for a place in South Beach

2 Thank lorielex
Thank you for recently staying at the Beacon Hotel and for sharing your valuable feedback. We aim to make every visit special for our guests.

I will make sure to share your kind words with the entire Beacon team. We are grateful that you would be willing to recommend the Beacon Hotel to others.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back here at the Beacon Hotel.