Stadium Hotel
Rodeway Inn Miami(North Miami)
US$83
Hotels.com
US$103
US$89
QualityInn
Best Western Plus Hollywood/Aventura(Hallandale Beach)(Great Value!)
US$122
BestWestern.com
Belvedere Inn(Miramar)
Agoda.com
All reviewsrace trackorange bowldolphins gamemini golf coursebasketball courtflorida turnpikecontinental breakfastenjoyed my stayshuttle serviceyogurtcaldermiamiwalmarthurricane
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Hotel was very nice just need to upgrade comp breakfast with a little sausages and eggs or even some pretty brown hash brown could add a much needed flavor to the complimentary breakfast area but overall the hotel was an excellent experience and I will return and also recommend this to others

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Carrington D
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel about 6 different times in the past 2 months. Average of 3 nights per stay. The front desk and staff at this place really make this place. I am going to give a total current review of this place.

Location: It is located in Miami Gardens right off the Turnpike. Although there is really not much to do within walking distance, there is a lot to do within driving / cab distance. Calder Casino and Hard Rock are not too far away. Neither is Hollywood Beach. No real eating locations within walking, but plenty short drive. If no car you do have several delivery places from pizza to chinese to steak to wings to latin food, etc.

Check-In: This is where this place shines. The staff. Every single time check in was a breeze. Friendly staff always at front desk. Lobby has ample seating with a big screen tv.

Rooms: I have stayed in 3 of the 4 rooms they offer. Cityside Queen, Double City, Double Track. The rooms have always been clean and ready to go. Big LCD tv in room with plenty of inputs for tablets (netflix) or any other devices you want to play through tv. 8 HBO's and usual channels ESPN, TNT, etc. Mini fridge and microwave standard. The internet is surprisingly good here. I have streamed Netflix multiple stays with really no problems.
The view on the Track Side is what makes this place unique. For about $5-10 more you can get track side view over city side view for Double Rooms. I highly suggest track view. On 7th-8th floor view was great. A safe is provided in each room.

Housekeeping: Housekeeping as far as cleaning the rooms was fine. My main problem is that housekeeping and rest of staff in the halls of the rooms were kind of loud.

Pool: Clean pool and plenty of chairs and tables around. Kid friendly pool. 3 vending machines just before you enter pool. There is also a mini 9 hole golf small course next to the pool.

Check out: Simple and easy.

The hotel itself is outdated. Plumbing in the rooms is outdated. The room itself does need more electrical outlets for work "power users". But the staff and low prices for the rooms and what you get makes up for anything minor like that. My best tip is if you can afford the track side view over the city view on 6th floor and up, do it. I have stayed on city side and track side. Big difference in views.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 May 2014

My check-in date was May 4th and I stayed in room 719. My stay was excellent. The staff was very respectful. After I checked out I noticed I forgot a pair of my sandals. I called room service and first they said they didn't see it. But I knew I left them in the room. When I called later on that day there was a young lady in the room service department I spoke with and she offered to go and re-check and it was found. I really appreciate how patient and respectful she was. Other than that overall my stay was good and will be back. Thank You

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 May 2014

We stayed for an extended period at El Palacio Sports hotel. Our room was on the Calder Track side and the view from balcony was great. Our room was large, clean, had a kitchenette and the king bed was very comfortable. We found staff very helpful and courteous. Internet was good. They also have a security guard on duty so we felt safe at all times. We would recommend this hotel. Having a car there is best to get to restaurants and beaches that are about a 15 minute drive away. We hope to return someday.

Room Tip: Would suggest the 7th or 8th floor on Calder Track side where balcony's are larger and view is beautiful watching horses run on the track each day.
Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Really enjoyed the stay, Hotel was nice. Really liked the check-in process; it was fast. I requested to have a second room floor (City View) which I received, but my view, could not see anything. Balcony had vines so could not go out and enjoy the scenery.Another nice thing about the Hotel is all the Police presence and how they drive around on golf carts at night. The breakfast was okay, just a bit crowded in the space provided, and not enough sitting area (Really did not want to carry food back to the room.) Housekeeping did a great job. Room would be cleaned whenever we went out and came back.
On the bad side: The mattress was really uncomfortable. It would sink all the way in when we would lay down on it. The room did not have any of the items that it was supposed to have such as the coffee machine, alarm clock, iron board and iron. But I can say when we called for the iron board/iron, it was quickly brought up to the room.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family