Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Courtyard
US$134
US$124
US$106
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area(Hialeah Gardens)
US$124
US$138
US$133
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
US$133
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$178
US$155
All reviewsmiami lakes areafootball gamesignature floorbusiness travelersouth floridabit datednice stayminute drivehousekeeping staffnice poolmiami beachalyssadolphinscvscruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I was treated like royalty the whole five days I stayed there "SOLO"!! Great resort to go and relax, swim, exercise, yoga, meditate, eat, massage at the spa, and sleep!!!! The Hotel is beautiful. I had consider staying at another Hotel near by. I am so glad I chose this Hotel it gave me everything I needed for this personal get away!! Great restaurants surrounding the hotel, a movie theather, grocery store, Sushi restaurant right across the street and other shopping areas!! I was graced with a balcony!!! It was wonderful, this hotel is good as well if you want to bring your children!!! House keeping was wonderful!
My only complaint is that they charge additional $10 per night for a microwave..

Room Tip: I enjoyed my balcony looking over the pool!!!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2011

realitycanbe - Thank you for choosing Shula's Hotel for your recent getaway and for the wonderful comments you provided regarding your stay. We were glad to hear you took in many of the activities that are available at Shula's and enjoyed them all. If you find yourself needing another much needed getaway please do not hesitate to call Shula's.

Thank you again and safe travels.

Reviewed 6 July 2011

We spent the forth of July weekend there and the Hotel was great as usual. We got excellent rates that included breakfast and a $25 discount to the Steak House. I would have preferred the coupon be for the restaurant in the hotel especially since the Steak House is so expensive. I will say that the Steak House is one of the best restaurants I have ever been to. I dropped my knife and the waiter had another one to me before the first one hit the floor. Hotel staff was great and friendly. Shula's also has a movie theater, art theater, tons of stores and restaurants in walking distance. The French bakery and Victoria's Secret were among out favorite hang outs. We had so much fun and we never made it to the spa. We never needed our car. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2011

Rwq891 - Thank you for spending your holiday weekend with us here at Shula's. We were glad to hear you had a great time and were able to enjoy some of the local flavor. Main Street is a great place that offers a variety of shopping, dining and entertainment for our guest and all within walking distance. Too bad you were not able to visit our Aveda Spa but there is always next time. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review and we hope to see you again real soon.

Reviewed 21 June 2011

Stayed here for 3 nights to see my beloved Phillies play the Marlins. It's about a 10 minute drive to the stadium, and also close to Calder Race track in you like the ponies or casinos. The hotel was clean & well priced. Location is right off Main Street of Miami Lakes with many restaurants & shopping right there. We loved the sports bar that is just across the street behind the hotel (forgot the name). Will be going back in December when the Eagles visit the Dolphins!

Room Tip: We booked the cheapest room and it was first class
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2011

MrValiant - We enjoy hosting Phillies' Fans here at Shula's as they have great spirit. Glad to hear you were able to enjoy some of the amenities this location has to offer. Many nice shops and restaurants in this area to enjoy when you are staying for a few days. Yes, come back and see us for the Eagles vs. Dolphins. Always an exciting game. Thanks for posting your review

Reviewed 5 June 2011

Price was great and everyone was very helpful. Loved that the cafe in the lobby brewed Starbucks! I was a little skeptical after reading the reviews but was pleasantly surprised!

• Stayed: June 2011

Katie12travelgirl - Thank you for your recent stay and for posting your review. Our team was glad to hear that your skepticism did not keep you from experiencing Shula's. We appreciate your comments and hope to have you have another opportunity to stay with us again real soon.

Reviewed 15 May 2011

I have stayed several times at the Shula's hotel (for it's location close to my business activities) and there is only one thing that I can think of, the convience of the place. The hotel may have lived its glory time 15 years ago and besides a friendly and competent personnal, the place requires a general upgrade of its services. Not really a business place, not really a holiday resort either, it is lacking the proper identity and tries to solves every market's demand by proposing a bit of everything without doing it exceptionally well.
The fact you can still find a cathodic TV in the bedroom, is showing the lack of interest to match today's international hotel standards. The deco is old and dated, and the aircon is so noisy you may have to turn it complitely off, to be able to sleep.
Generally clean, and with plenty of parking space, it gives a remote taste of Motel8 rather than a real 4star hotel.
Not the worst, but from far not the best

Room Tip: stay close to the elevator, with lots of luggages
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2011

ktulu -Thank you for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor and for your continued patronage. We are disappointed to hear that we did not meet your expectations and but do appreciate the feedback you have provided. We did complete updating all of our televisions in our guestrooms to flat panel TVs and we expect to move forward with other enhancements in our guestrooms. We look forward to your next visit and another opportunity to turn your experience around.