Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area(Hialeah Gardens)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsmiami lakes areafootball gamesignature floorbusiness travelersouth floridabit datednice stayminute drivehousekeeping staffnice poolmiami beachalyssadolphinscvscruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed here with my 18 month old son and was very happy with this hotel. The room was large so he was able to run around a lot. I ordered a cot but it wasn't there but was able to push the bed up against the wall and put him on one side so he couldn't fall out and the beds were super comfortable so we slept very well every night. There is plenty of parking so it is not too far to get from your car to the room. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful. The gym across the road that is complimentary to guests is fabulous! With 50 or so classes available each week, free child care and many machines it was great to get a workout. The restaurant in the hotel lobby was excellent also and I liked that there were shops right next door to the hotel and a large supermarket and pharmacy just 10 mins walk away. Our room backed onto the hot tub and there were groups of people using the hot tub on the Friday and Sunday night so this made for a bit of noise but they seemed to disperse by 11pm. Thank you, will be recommending your hotel to friends and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Rooms not facing pool are very close to the car park and would be noisier, rooms facing the pool are much better.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Vicki T - Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club. We know it is tough traveling with an 18 month old and we are glad we were able to provide you and your son with a great experience. We are also happy to hear you were able to use our athletic facility as it is like no other. We know staying healthy and fit is very important and the club provides a plethora of fitness options for our guests. We appreciate your recommendation and look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

I am staying at Shulas and speaking at a conference. The hotel is very old and tired and pricey for what you get. Although the hotel is not full and I asked for a room with a nice view, I look out onto a car park. The shower curtain is torn and the room only gets serviced after noon. I think new management and investment in a serious upgrade will make a difference.
They have free internet which is the slowest I have experienced in any hotel.
The steakhouse is very good and Shulas original steakhouse at the golf club is superb.
This hotel is also far away from the action at South Beach, so unless you really want to be in the area, choose somewhere else.

Room Tip: If you can, overlooking the pool
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank frankfurness

FrankFurness - We appreciate you taking the time to review Shula's Hotel & Golf Club on Tripadvisor. We apologize for not meeting your expectations on some of the items you mentioned. We are in the process of renovating our guestrooms and public spaces and look forward to completing the project in the summer/fall of 2012. We also want to thank you for your comments regarding Shula's Steak House and glad you had a great dining experience. There are lots of exciting changes at Shula's this year and we hope you have another opportunity to stay at Shula's and see our new look. Thank you again for your time.

Reviewed 25 January 2012

The Hotel is in a good location.The staff was very friendly and they respond in a very timely fashion.

I found the hotel to be very clean , along with our room. Loved the decor of the place.The grounds were very nice too, with fountains and a nice pool.

The bed in the room were quite comfy, I slept very well there so that was a plus. The shower had incredible water pressure and hot water, which I rarely have in most places I have stayed at.

There are two sinks - one in the bathroom and one in the vanity area. That really helps when two people are getting ready at the same time, I loved having the extra sink area. Nice flat screen TV.

The hotel has free parking with plenty of parking spots.

Room Tip: Only thing was I found it hard to get to my room as far as distance goes, I have a handicap with my leg and room was a little far from elevator. But all in all, it's a great place. I would definitely stay there again. I'm sure they would have moved us if I had asked.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Cheryl02760 - Thank you for your recent review of Shula's Hotel & Golf Club. We were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and we appreciate your comments regarding our staff and property. We hope you have another opportunity to stay with us in the near future as we are very excited about some upcoming changes in our guestrooms and public areas. Be sure to ask for a room closer to the elevator as we would be happy to make that happen for you.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We stayed here for a few days in January. I am not to picky, therefore I have no complaints. Check in was quick and easy. The rooms have hard wood floors and are very roomy. The bed was average, the room layout was unique in that it had a very large desk to work on and the hard wood floors are a nice touch that I have not experienced at other hotels. I am guessing it is an older property that Shula's bought and put a steakhouse and sports bar in. The grounds are very tropical and the art throughout the property is exquisite. The business center (closet) needs some TLC but otherwise, no complaints.

Room Tip: Junior suite is just a larger room, not a true suite. Save your money and get the regular suite or a regular room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 January 2012

If you're looking for a 5 star hotel, this is not it. If you are looking for a 3.5 star hotel in a good location with a clean room, than you will be satisfied. The room itself is fine, nothing fancy, but it does the trick. There is plenty of storage for your clothes. The walls are yellow and the floors are laminated imitation hardwood. The floors look brand new. The room has a flat panel TV with plenty of channels. All the rooms have a terrace. Ft. Lauderdale and Hollywood Beach are a half-hour drive. They are my favorite beaches.

PROS

1. Hotel is in a good location. There is a shopping area right around the corner from the hotel that has restaurants and a movie theater. TIP - Do not eat at the Thai Cafe.
2. The hotel has free parking with plenty of parking spots.
3. The beds in the room were quite comfy. I slept very well.
4. The shower had incredible water pressure.
5. The maintenance staff is great. They respond in a very timely fashion. Brent was fantastic.
6. There are two sinks - one in the bathroom and one in the vanity area. That really helps when two people are getting ready at the same time.

CONS

1. There is no refrigerator in the room. You can rent one for $10.00 per night, but my feeling is that a refrigerator should be a standard item in every room. This is the first hotel that I have ever stayed at that did not have a refrigerator in the room.
2. The bathroom and the vanity area lights are controlled by one switch, which was rather strange. If you need to go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, than you will wake up the other people in the room since the light in the vanity area will also come on. The room was not wired properly.
3. The business center has only one computer. The printers were not working. I could not print out my boarding pass.
4. The rooms do not have enough electrical outlets.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank girliebeck
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2012

girliebeck - Thank you for your recent review of Shula's Hotel & Golf Club and we appreciate the nice comments you have provided. We have also made note of some of the cons you mentioned and hope to have them addressed in upcoming renovations scheduled for mid 2012.

Safer Travels

PS - We will be sure to pass along your comments to Brent and the engineering team