“The Staff is remarkable!”

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Lutz, Florida, United States
“The Staff is remarkable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

Just spent another great evening at Shula's. I expect a great room (I got it) and great food (I got that, too!). But - this time I foucused on the staff - from the front desk to the housekeeping service to those who provided our catering during our meeting. They were among the best that I've encountered! Always a warm smile and friendly disposition. And, when I accidentally left my wedding ring in my room on 12/13/12, the housekeeper on the 3rd floor found it and held it for me until I could break from my meeting to check to see where I had left it.
Such great service! I recommend this great hotel to everyone - you'll love it!

Room Tip: You must visit the spa during your stay...the best!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
  • Turkish first
Malden, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

This is a great hotel. It is not too expensive and a 4 star quality. The staff were extremely helpful and courteous. We went to Miami for a football game. We were concerned about cab fare to and from the stadium. No problem, Don Shula's chartered a bus and it cost us a fraction of what a cab would of cost. Food was also good. I will stay here again.

• Stayed December 2012
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2012

Stayed here for one nigh, for a business trip. The hotel is located on a quaint street with shops and restaurants. The room was clean and updated, I really liked that I had wood floors, as I have allergies to carpets. A nice surprise! The beds were VERY comfy but my sheets were a little old/scratchy. The hotel clearly caters to the male clientele (I had to ask the front desk for a hairdryer). But overall, a nice hotel in a serene setting and a nice place if you are looking for a peaceful getaway. The rate was good given all of the amenities ($117 total with taxes) and included complimentary Internet and breakfast.

Room Tip: Ask for an interior room, I was located near a parking lot and woke up to the garbage truck that was...
Long Beach, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 December 2012 via mobile

This building is old. My room wasn't filthy but it wasn't spotless either. There was hair on the toilet and on the towel rack.
Towel rack is rusty and so is the shower curtain.
Location is not really my preference either. There are some tacky chain restaurants near by and some tacky non chain restaurants and shops.
I'd rather spend the extra money next time and stay closer to the beach or even downtown.

• Stayed December 2012
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 November 2012

Was only $99 and included breakfast. Breakfast is served in the Shula's 2 restaurant onsite and was excellent. Had a choice of continental; pancakes or waffles; or, eggs with bacon or sausage. Included coffee and juice too, so was a very good value. Food was very good. Room had a laminate wood floor and not rug which was odd. Was clean and had amenities. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: For security I would ask for a second or third floor room.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 25 November 2012
Brian D - Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent experience at Shula's. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanks again and safe travels
Tampa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

Friendly staff, comfortable rooms, bright and cheerful atmosphere! All this nestled in quiet Miami Lakes close to everything! Main street shops a nice area to walk right out front. Shula's restaurant adds a nice touch for convenient place to lounge or have a yummy meal. A real value for people who want hometown surroundings and a no-nonsense experience.

I look forward to my next trip there. Nothing beats feeling welcomed!

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
retailnet - We were very happy to hear you enjoyed your experience at Shula's and we look forward to welcoming you again real soon. Thank you for sharing.

Safe travels.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2012

I stayed this past weekend at Shula's during a group trip to Miami and a football game at nearby Sun Life Stadium. This hotel was very convenient to the stadium and was selected primarily on that basis. It turned out to offer much more, however.

I had never visited Miami Lakes before and it was quite intriguing. The hotel and area are so different from what I have experienced in the rest of Miami. The hotel, is located on a relatively quiet and quaint "Main Street" area where you can easily walk the oak-lined streets to various small small shops, restaurants and even a theater. As one might expect from a hotel bearing the name of former coaching legend Don Sula, it has a lot of sports-related memorabilia and artifacts but the hotel also boasts a lot of interesting historic information on the history and development of the Miami Lakes area and the Graham family's role in that.

The hotel, apparently built in the late 1980s appears a bit dated on the outside and in some common areas but the rooms have been pleasently updated and upgraded. They are spacious, comfortable and well appointed. Another highlight is the large and well-equipped fitness center and spa just across the street for guests of the hotel. For dining, there is an on-site sports cafe and restaurant and Don Shula's steakhouse is only a short walk or quick shuttle ride away for tasty and filling dining experience.

All in all, I found Shula's Hotel to offer a unique and pleasantly surprising stay. I would recommend it for those visiting the north Miami area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Bullzfan - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for familiarizing yourself a little with our history. There is a wonderful story behind the hotel as well as the surrounding community that we are extremely proud of. We like to think that we offer a great unique alternative to what one would expect when staying in Miami all thanks to the vision of the Graham Family and Coach Shula. We hope you had a great time at the game and we look forward to serving you again in the near future.

Thanks again and safe travels
Courtyard Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!