“No customer service and dirty sheets”

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Reviewed 4 February 2014

First, even I showed up at 1:30 my room wasn't ready until 4pm. An hour after regular check-in. What really annoyed me was when I first checked in, they told me 25 minutes wait. Came back 40 minutes later, they told me to wait 35 minutes more. Came back 40 minutes later and they told 30 more minutes. Wow, I finally checked in at 4pm. Later I accidentally ordered the wrong movie. I called up immediately and explained what happened. They refused to take it off the bill. Finally, I woke up in the morning and notice the bed spread had some dried stains on it. I'm not an expert but it looked like dried blood stains. I took a photo and showed it to the front desk. They said sorry and that was it. They didn't really care. Oh, also no room service which surprises me because I thought that was a basic requirement for an "elite" hotel.

1  Thank johnstone01
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

johnstone01 - Thank you for sharing this with us and we apologize for the issues you encountered during your stay. We understand the burden of traveling and our team does everything they can to ensure we can accommodate guests once they arrive. This can be an arduous task at times when the hotel experiences a high level of occupancy and on rare occasions this can happen and it seems like we did not make this unfortunate situation any better for you. We are also disappointed to hear about some of the other service issues you encountered and this is not what we expect our team to deliver to our guests. We have reviewed these points with our team and identify why we fell short. We will be reaching out to you via direct message in Tripadvisor in hopes of connecting with you to discuss your experience further.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Not sure about all the negative reviews but I was pleasantly surprised by all aspects of the hotel. Room was clean, spacious and comfortable. Grounds were very well cared for and quite picturesque. Staff was friendly and restaurant was delicious and well priced. Internet was a bit spotty but I can't wait to come back. Next time I will be sure to check out the neighbouring Main Street shoppes and restaurants which look very nice.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Mike R - Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed you stay and look forward to being of service to you in the near future.

Safe Travels

Reviewed 31 January 2014

Water was cold & so were the associates...next trip to Miami we will definitely will stay at another location...every guest we came in contact with had a complaint & absolutely nothing positive to say about their stay...my shower didn't even have a shower head just sprayed cold water & don't waste time calling the front desk because your problem will not be resolved...BEWARE of this place!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank ShineLexus

ShineLexus - We are disappointed to hear about your recent experience with us and we will be reaching out to you via Tripadvisor direct message in hopes of discussing your experience in more detail so we can identify some of the specific service issues you encountered. Our sincere apologies for this experience and we hope to connect with you soon.

Thank you for your time and safe travels

Reviewed 29 January 2014 via mobile

This an older hotel that was renovated but it still seemed old. The staff was very friendly.
My bed was comfortable.
The internet was extremely SLOW, extremely SLOW!!
1 day I did have any towels.
No refrigerator in my room.

1  Thank dbr9025
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

dbr9025 - Thank you for providing us some feedback regarding your recent stay at Shula's. We are sorry to hear about some of the issues you encountered during your stay and appreciate the opportunity to share them with our team. We understand the importance of a strong internet connection and strive to provide our guests with a reliable infrastructure to meet their needs. We are confident this was an isolated incident and but are regretful that it impacted your stay. We do hope to have another opportunity in the near future to turn this experience around.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

I made a reservation for this hotel with 10 days in advance and when I showed up at the hotel the night I was staying in, they simply turned us away telling us that they all the rooms were unavailable and that they over sold their rooms.

It was 12 am and no other hotel nearby had any rooms available that night. Needless to say that I won't be staying at Shula's again. They are just not to be trusted. I would highly recommend you take your business somewhere else if you value your time.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Xpertgeek d

Xpertgeek d - Our sincerest apologies for the issue you encountered with your reservation. In spite of this unfortunate experience, we hope our actions to make this up to you turned this experience around enough for you to give us another opportunity in the near future. We look forward to the opportunity.

Safe Travels

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Great location including gym. Staff was helpful and friendly. Room was clean and well maintained. Was there for a business meeting; great to have amenities close and all the food was excellent - not just the steak! I look forward to the next stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Brian T - We were glad to hear you had a great experience at Shula's and we too look forward to your next stay.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Very nice hotel and the prices are fair compared to the other hotels in the area. We live in Miami lakes and always book this hotels for guests. Nice area safe for families. Theres a restaurant in the hotel or a starbucks type bakery you can go to for breakfast that's very good. The bakery is kind of noisy because they turn up the music so loud its annoying.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Granny P - Thank you for sharing your comments and for using Shula's to accommodate your guests. We do apologize if the volume level for the music in the bakery is too loud. We have shared this with our bakery team to ensure the music volume enhances the experience of our guests.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!