Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
US$105
HIExpress.com
US$108
US$110
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
US$133
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
US$138
US$127
Priceline
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsmiami lakes areafootball gamesignature floorbusiness travelersouth floridabit datednice stayminute drivehousekeeping staffnice poolmiami beachalyssadolphinscvscruise
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I recently stayed here for business, and was pleasantly upgraded to the signature suites on the third floor. It was a very spacious room, but the bathrooms are run down and getting older. The room was clean for the most part I was staying by myself so was not too dirty however cleaning from day to day varied. I dont think my room was swept the whole week I stayed there but my sheets were changed every day. When you read the reviews it is true the internet connection was not very good but was complimentary. I ate most of my meals at the restaurant in the hotel and the food was very good the manager seemed very attentive to the customers. The breakfast buffet was also very good. With the upgraded room I had complimentary breakfast on the third floor. I didnt have a chance to go to the gym but another person from my group did and said it was very spacious and had alot to offer. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor upgrade is worth it although I did not have a refrigerator and some people on the second floor did.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

ljarmfelt - Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Shula's and allowing us an opportunity to share these comments with our team. We apologize for some of the inconsistencies you encountered in housekeeping and the WIFI and hope it was not too much of an inconvenience to you. We have shared your comments with our team and will utilize as tool to identify where we fell short. We are also in the midst of a significant WIFI upgrade and once completed will be second to none in the area. We hope you have another opportunity to stay with us and experience these changes.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a resort for the price of a hotel room. They are incredibly courteous, Shula's 2 restaurant is in the lobby, and they have everything you could ask for. Rooms are recently renovated and very nice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

670jimg - We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Shula's and appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Our team works very hard in ensuring we provide simply great service to our guests and they appreciate you recognizing them. We hope this experience brings you back to Shula's as we look forward to your next visit.

Thanks Again and Safe Travels

Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

Checked in 1am.
Staff professional n polite. Took a junior suite. King bed with bed end bench, office table, arm chair and spacious closet. $219 plus tax. Modern furniture ( black).
Flat screen tv.
Nice clean pool and deck area.
Wanted to up grade to two queens but not avail for junior suite (bigger room )

Stayed: March 2014

Kenster777 - Thank you for sharing some insight into your recent stay at Shula's Hotel. We hope you enjoyed your time in Miami Lakes and look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you.

Safe Travels

Reviewed 3 March 2014

After 4 years without having to attend a conference at this hotel I returned. Everything looks pretty much the same. An outdated hotel that is way overdue for a restoration and implementing more effective cleaning practices, not to mention go visit some hotel and learn how a nice breakfast looks like. The aisles to the rooms keep having that dull look, rooms are not very clean and you may run out of warm water anytime.

Room Tip: as far as you can from parking (if that is an option)
1  Thank Luis E
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Luis E - Thank you for providing us some insight into your recent experience at Shula's Hotel. We are disappointed to hear that your stay did not meet or exceed your expectations and truly sorry for this. Our team is committed to providing our guests with the best possible experience and falling short of our guest expectations is not what we want to hear. We continue to listen to our guests and value what they express to us. We have shared your comments with our team and again we apologize for some of the experiences you encountered.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Immaculate, clean, and posh hotel. There is an air of old school elegance to it, with a grand piano and steakhouse in the hotel lobby. Hotel is located on Main Street, off the main road and is surrounded by little shops and restaurants for some light shopping. There is an Aveda spa and golf course there if you are interested and a Miami Lakes Ale House across the street with a great cocktail selection.

Beds were super deep and comfortable and the bath area large and spacious. Wish the water in the sink turned hot faster, but I didn't mind too much as the weather was in the 80s the time I was there :)

Highly recommend!

Room Tip: Not ground level - it can get loud with all the foot traffic and hotel events
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Kit K - We are happy to hear you had an opportunity to experience some of what our local neighborhood has to offer. Shula's is nestled in the heart of Miami Lakes and we wish more of our guests could have the opportunity to take in some of the local flavors our neighborhood has to offer. Thank you for sharing these experiences with us and the Tripadvisor community.

Safe Travels