“Interesting Hotel! Great for Golfers!”

Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I thought the rooms were nicely appointed. I was there for work and so I didn't have much choice in where I stayed. I thought it was out of the way of what I wanted to do with my little spare time but for others it was ok. There is a very small pool, but there are restaurants and shopping close by and a grocery store too! So thought I would choice the beach this was okay. The rooms are not carpeted and the ac I think may be connected to motion in the room. It kept turning off in my room. When I moved or walked around it was fine.

Room Tip: the even number rooms have balconies!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Aleceia B - Thank you for taking the time to generate a review of your recent stay at Shula's. We were glad to hear that you were happy with your accommodations and were able to enjoy some of the local flavor Miami Lakes has to offer. We are a great destination for golfers and are also centrally located between Miami and Ft. Lauderdale which allows for great flexibility in planning for things to do in these great cities. We do hope you were able to find the time to cross off an item or two on your things to do list.

There are newer reviews for Shula's Hotel & Golf Club

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Hotel is AMAZING! Pictures are very accurate. Hotel was clean, comfortable, every room had a decent view.Shula Restaurant on site, Location is great, alot to do, eat, movie theater in walking distance. Absoutely amazing, will be back! Well worth the money especially for a romantic getaway.

Room Tip: didn't use the spa but Im sure its AMAZING!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

sjst4 - Excited to hear that we were able to create a memorable experience for you and we thank you for sharing your thoughts. We have some great couple’s spa packages at the Spa at Shula's that would be a wonderful compliment on your next romantic getaway. And yes, the spa is amazing. If I can be of any assistance on your next stay, please do not hesitate to contact me at jorge.ferbeyre@grahamhospitality.com.

Thanks again and safe travels

Reviewed 13 March 2014

I spent 2 nights and 3 days at the hotel this past weekend. The room was actually fairly big and the bed very comfortable. The pool area is in major need of better recliners with pads, the cement needs to be updated. The shuttle that goes to the golf course was never manned and we had to take a taxi and pay for it. The shuttle coming back to the hotel the first day we had to wait 1/2 hour - the second day waited an hour - also trying calling taxi - asked manager if an employee could drive us back and he said no. Finally paid one of the golf staff $20 to drive us back. The buffet breakfast on Saturday and Sunday was awful. The drinks in Shula 2 are overpriced for the type of hotel this is. The $25 coupon for Shula's steak that came with our package only is good at Shula's at golf course and not good at Shula's at hotel. The golf course told me when I made tee times the week before we came down that the cost of rentals would be $25/round. The actual price was $55/round. The front nine of the golf course is only as good as a typical public golf course - back nine is much better. Course gets a lot of play so round time is long. I complained to manager of hotel about all of this when I checked out and only got a credit of $40 for a $800 bill. I would not stay here again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

Michael R - Thank you for allowing us some insight into your recent experience at Shula's. we are very sorry to hear about some of these experiences and that we were not able to turn these experiences around for you. We have discussed your review with our golf and hotel management team and they are committed to going back to their teams and making sure we address the issues you mentioned. Again we apologize for these experiences and hope you allow us another opportunity to turn these experiences around. My email is jorge.ferbeyre@grahamhospitality.com should you reconsider a return visit as I would like to personally handle your arrangements.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I checked in last Thursday evening and stopped at the bar to get a vodka tonic to take to my room. I handed the bartender $20.00. She returned $3.00 and change, for a drink costing $6.00 and change and walked away. I didn't and when she returned I questioned, she said she had gotten "confused" and handed me the correct change.

Shula Hotel website advertised rooms at $119.00. I registered a few months previously as a member of a group and I was charged the "group rate" of $145.00.

The room and surrounding are lovely but I will never return for the above reasons.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

400Eileen - Thank you for sharing this with us and we sincerely apologize for this unfortunate experience. We have spoken to our management team and alerted them of the issue you encountered. Again we appreciate you sharing this with us and are hopeful you would reconsider Shula's on your next trip to the area. You can reach me at Jorge@donshulahotel.com and I would be happy to ensure your next experience exceeds your expectations.

Thank you again and wishing you safe travels.

Reviewed 10 March 2014

I did not know this hotel before but I go it through Priceline. It was not difficult to find, although we were not familiar with the area.

Since we just needed a place to stay before continuing our journey to Orlando, the stay was only for one night. Unfortunately, when we tried to check in at approximately 5pm the room was not ready. We went next door to the lovely Vie de France, a bakery where you can get Fantastic Service, great pastries and Starbucks. We got ourselves a good salad and the lady surprised us with hot bread.

When we got back to the hotel the room was still not ready and a very nice and polite gentleman at the front desk called Mac arranged with the manager to get us an upgrade to a suite. Thank you Mac!

We loved the room and had a great sleep. In the morning we sat on our balcony and watched what looked like a Tai chi class or something and in generally just enjoyed our great view of the garden.

The room was great, with an up-stairs bedroom + bathroom and a downstairs sitting area with a 1/2 bath and a kitchenette

We did not try the steak restaurant because we came back too late after doing "some" shopping. Will certainly try it next time. In the morning, we went to Vie de France again.

Check out was swift.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Whoeps

Whoeps - We wish you could have stayed longer but are glad you enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for providing us with some stories of great experiences at Shula's and we will be sure to share them with our team. There are so many unique experiences a guest can have at Shula's and we were glad you were able to enjoy a few of them. We do apologize about your room delay but were glad to hear Mac stepped up and took good care of you. We hope your next stay with us allows you more time to enjoy our neighborhood as well as the other Shula experiences we have to offer.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

I recently stayed here for business, and was pleasantly upgraded to the signature suites on the third floor. It was a very spacious room, but the bathrooms are run down and getting older. The room was clean for the most part I was staying by myself so was not too dirty however cleaning from day to day varied. I dont think my room was swept the whole week I stayed there but my sheets were changed every day. When you read the reviews it is true the internet connection was not very good but was complimentary. I ate most of my meals at the restaurant in the hotel and the food was very good the manager seemed very attentive to the customers. The breakfast buffet was also very good. With the upgraded room I had complimentary breakfast on the third floor. I didnt have a chance to go to the gym but another person from my group did and said it was very spacious and had alot to offer. Overall I enjoyed my stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: Third floor upgrade is worth it although I did not have a refrigerator and some people on the second...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

ljarmfelt - Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us at Shula's and allowing us an opportunity to share these comments with our team. We apologize for some of the inconsistencies you encountered in housekeeping and the WIFI and hope it was not too much of an inconvenience to you. We have shared your comments with our team and will utilize as tool to identify where we fell short. We are also in the midst of a significant WIFI upgrade and once completed will be second to none in the area. We hope you have another opportunity to stay with us and experience these changes.

Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is a resort for the price of a hotel room. They are incredibly courteous, Shula's 2 restaurant is in the lobby, and they have everything you could ask for. Rooms are recently renovated and very nice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

670jimg - We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay at Shula's and appreciate you sharing your experience with us. Our team works very hard in ensuring we provide simply great service to our guests and they appreciate you recognizing them. We hope this experience brings you back to Shula's as we look forward to your next visit.

Thanks Again and Safe Travels

#4 of 4 in Miami Lakes
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!