“Unbelieveable Staff Service”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Jacksonville Beach, Florida
“Unbelieveable Staff Service”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I stayed last week for only one night at the Shula and was very pleasantly surprised! GREAT beds, clean rooms, EVERY staff member was friendly and helpful, even the bellman and janitor! Small quiet street of shops steps from the front door. The steak dinner I had at Shula's pub was awesome. Wish I could've stayed longer, but I was traveling on business.

Room Tip: Ask for the pool view rooms if you're ok with two queen beds, however the king bed was dreamy!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Perry W - Hello for our friends in beautiful Jacksonville Beach. Our team is very appreciative of your review and happy you enjoyed your stay. We are thankful for the opportunity to have been of service to you and look forward to your next stay.

Jorge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I experienced a quality hotel with excellent customer service and focus in my recent stay of 4 nights. The room was spotlessly clean and the bed was exceptionally comfortable! I have arrived at senior status so I would have preferred having an elevator closer to the south east corner where my room was located but I found the hotel to be to my liking. The staff was friendly and offered a very high level of customer service. I especially appreciated Donna upon check-in with her friendly greeting and welcoming attitude as well as Natasha at the front desk upon my checkout with her inquiry about what I could share that would have made my stay better. Their customer service attitudes were genuine and refreshing....as were all of the staff that I interacted with! When back in this area on business or pleasure, I will definitely stay again at Shula's Hotel!

Room Tip: If in an above ground room, then consider proximity to the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
DDT8 - Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you during your business trip and for providing us with some insight into your experience at Shula's. Our team was excited to hear about your stay and even more so at the extra mentions of Donna and Natasha. We appreciate you taking the time and look forward to celebrating your review.

Sterling, Virginia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

Nice location and a very accommodating staff, with one particular standout employee by the name of Natasha Linares. Natasha took excellent care of our group, always making sure we had everything we needed.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
KWhite1963 - Thank you so much for your review of Shula's and for the wonderful comments about Natasha. She is truly making a difference for our guests and we really appreciate you acknowledging her efforts. We will be sure to celebrate your comments with her and the rest of our team.

Thank you again and safe travel.

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here on way to Key West. Nice clean low key establishment that was located in nice quiet part of city. Grounds and pool nice. Restaurant open just not many people there at time of our visit. Have stayed before on business due to proximity to office. Restaurants nearby in small shopping area.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
LadyoftheLake1 - We hope you had a wonderful time in the Key West and we thank you for choosing us as your Miami Lakes hotel. We look forward to being of service to you in the near future and appreciate your time.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We choose Shulas Spa during Spa week where a 50 minute massage was just $50.00. I visit a Spa at least once a month but usually My Spa or Seven Seas. Shula's was way better than any 5 Star spa by far. It was relaxing and my Masseuse Alihna was amazing.. she was consistent and experienced. I went with a friend who was just as overwhelmed with her experience as I was. Thanks for taking time to ensure that your therapists perform Great Service at a consistent basis.
I will happily return and continue to look for great deals!!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank karinababe78
karinababe78 - Thank you for taking the time to share your review of the Spa at Shula's. We were very happy to hear that both you and your friend had a great experience and we look forward to being of service to you again in the near future. We will be sure to pass along your comments to our team as well and an extra special recognition to Alihna for providing such exceptional service to you.

Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 29 April 2014

We were very unhappy with our stay. We booked three nights and checked out after one extremely uncomfortable night. We contacted the booking company, who spoke to the management on our behalf. The management's response was that this was a nonrefundable third party booking, so we couldn't get a refund for our unused nights. I'd understand this if we were asking for personal reasons or mere convenience, but this is an unacceptable response if bad service is the problem.

Our room had a strong chemical smell either due to the fake wood floors or the cleaner used. There were many ants in the bathroom. The inner bathroom was also totally unacceptable. The showerhead looked disgusting and like it was missing a part. It sprayed in an odd pattern. The drain was rusted and filthy. The shower curtain was dirty and falling apart with threads sticking out. There was inconsistent hot water. I turned on the shower for 30 seconds and it went to nearly ice cold.

Another absolutely unprofessional aspect of the hotel was that our mattresses were exposed. There was a "fitted sheet" but the sheet was far too small on both of the full beds in our room. The result was that the mattress was always exposed no matter how we tried to fix it, revealing gross-looking yellow stains. The sheets also had some light staining. That's incompetent housekeeping and not what you expect when you pay what we did for the room.

It's not a hostel or flophouse, obviously, but when you pay what we did you should expect a lot more. An obvious priority for a hotel is proper maintenance and housekeeping and that was totally not present. We were willing to overlook the dated appearance of the property, the sub-par bedding, the loud A/C, and so forth, provided that we got decent hospitality. It wasn't even close to that. Management's refusal to consider refunding us (or even to reach out and offer some resolution) was a cherry on top. I've never left a hotel early before, but if I stayed my vacation would have been ruined.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Christopher K - We are extremely disappointed to hear about some of the experiences you encountered during your stay and appreciate you sharing them with us. We regret not being able to meet your expectations and allow you and enjoyable vacation. I have sent you a private message via Tripadvisor to try to obtain more insight as to your stay. I can also be reached at jorge.ferbeyre@grahamhospitality.com. We hope to connect with you soon.

Thank you again for taking the time to share.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Lakes hotels

F. Lauderdale
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

The spa was relaxing and tranquil. I booked services for Spa Week and my massage therapist Christina was fantastic, a true professional in everyday! The spa is small but has everything you need with access to the fitness facility and sauna/steam room.

We went for Happy Hour at Shulas Steak2 which was a great experience as well with fantastic prices. Our bartender Aldo and server (young man with glasses..I forget his name) were both very helpful. The general manager also came by and greeted us.

The hotel itself is rather dated but the area on Main Street was very nice. I would definitely return.

Stayed April 2014
1 Thank HotelInnsider
HotelInnsider - Our spa and steak 2 team thank you for sharing your recent experiences with us and for recognizing a few of our team members by name. We will be sure to extend an extra thank you to Aldo and Christina for their efforts in creating raving fans.

Thank you for your time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!