“Nice Room, Awesome Bed”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Chicago, Illinois
“Nice Room, Awesome Bed”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We chose this hotel because it was a very convenient location for our plans. We were warmly greeted at the front desk and check-in was fast and efficient. Finding the room took a bit of time as the hotel has a winding, awkward layout. Depending on where your room is located, it can be a bit of a long walk from the nearest elevator. The hallways are a bit drab and could use some attention. The rooms, however, are very well laid out and very pretty. While the bathroom is pretty basic, there is a sink and counter outside the main bath area which is a tremendous aid when two people get ready in the morning. The best part of our stay, though, was the bed. Both my husband and I commented this may have been one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept on (and we somewhat regularly frequent the home of the heavenly bed). The sheets were soft and luxurious and the mattress had just enough "fluff" to make you feel enveloped and cozy. The second best thing about this hotel is the location. With the hotel located right on Main Street, you are steps away from quaint little shops, nice restaurants, and a movie theatre. It's a nice stroll in the evening. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Christine D - Would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Shula's as your destination hotel and for sharing your experience with us. Our team was very happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and were also able to enjoy the Main Street experience. It is a great location with many dining and shopping options and great for an after dinner stroll as you mentioned. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you and again thank you for your time.

Safe Travels

Jorge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 12 days at Shula's Hotel on Main Street in Miami Lakes.
Upon arrival I was greeted by Natasha and Gio which were just so friendly and kind. My original reservation at the Indigo was cancelled and Natasha and Gio upgraded me to a suite.
EM

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Eddiekeys - Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you during your extended stay at Shula's. We appreciate you sharing your review with us and for the specific mention of two of our team members (Natasha and Gio) They along with the entire Shula's team are grateful for your acknowledgement of their outstanding committment to service. We hope your travels bring you back to Shula's in the near future.

Thank you again and we wish you safe travels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Rooms are very clean with affordable prices and plenty of parking.

Our check In Time is at 3:00 PM even though we went at 5:45 Pm we waited for room about 20 to 25 mins. Overall we enjoyed staying in the room .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
sampath m - We were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you sharing this with us. We do apologize for the delay with your room and hope it did not cause you too much of an inconvenience.

Thank you sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I just want to share my experience because I've yet to understand why all the negative reviews. I on the other hand had an AMAZING experience. The one thing I will say needs to be fixed is the extremely loud a.c. units. The beds were beyond comfortable, my view was awesome, and the customer service was phenomenal. Checking in is always my first observation on any place, and let me tell you the young lady at the front desk named Natasha has such a great and comforting attitude. Unfortunately my room was not ready when I arrived, but she made sure I was well taken care of. She handled the situation as a professional and still made me feel welcomed. While I Waited for my room I went over to Steak 2 to have a drink, which I'd recommend to any sports fan like myself. Overall with the friendly staff, comfortable beds, the amazing view, and everything you would possibly need within walking distance I would absolutely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. Until next time Miami Lakes!

• Stayed May 2014
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
wshultz - Many thanks for taking the time to share your Shula experience with us and for the wonderful comments you have provided. We always look forward to hearing from our guests and it really makes a difference when our team's commitment to providing simply great service is acknowledged. We also appreciate your specific mention of Natasha's efforts. She has recently become our Tripadvisor celebrity with numerous mentions on recent reviews and we are very proud of her and her commitment to service. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you and again thank you for your time.

Safe Travels

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Stayed at Shula Hotel for a family holiday, recommended by my sister-in-law. Wasn't disappointed. The hotel staff were very polite and made out stay very pleasant. Would like to say a very big thank you to Natasha from New York and Donna from Jamacia on the front desk who changed our room without any fuss. Both rooms were good but we wanted a balcony, and they changed the room for us. Miami Lakes is a very nice area but definitely need a car to get around.

Would definitely stay at Shula Hotel again,

Room Tip: 3rd floor with balcony pond view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Karen M - We hope you had a great family holiday and please extend a warm thank you to your sister-in-law for recommending Shula's. We truly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and for mentioning Donna and Natasha. They, along with the rest of the team are truly committed to providing simply great service and enjoy hearing from our guests.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Unfortunately, this is my second stay at this hotel and once again my stay has been a mess. I check in to my room, phone doesn't work (extreme static), in the bathroom there are stains all over the door and the trim around the door (which has me thinking the worst) the paint is peeling off all over the bathroom door, I tried to order a movie and couldn't (screen asked me to call the front desk, which sucked cause i had to call multiple times and yell over the static so i could be heard). Someone did stop by from engineering but they couldn't get the phone to work. Finally, i did order a movie. You charge $19 dollars for a movie then show it with a grainy image. The screen image is so much better on your regular cable (where its free) than on your pay per view (where you charge a lot) Then finally 9pm rolls around and I want to see one of my favorite shows on NBC but guess what, no reception. No reception on CBS, NBC, or FOX. These are basic channels how can you not have reception. Plus my phone doesn't work so I can't call the front desk. Also, when i picked up some food to-go downstairs (they don't offer room service) I asked reception where I could by some Tylenol. They told me to go to CVS. I know where CVS is, it's over half a mile away. It's not an exaggeration. I'm blown away that if one of your GUESTS feels bad or gets sick (when your traveling that stuff usually happens at 1am) you have to send them to CVS!!!! Diarrhea, heartburn,migraine, cold, flu, you can't dedicate a broom closet or a couple of cabinets to your guests well being. You're close enough to the airport where some guests might not have cars and I know when I'm sick the last thing I want to do is get in my car and drive in a town I don't know looking for a CVS. Especially, in the middle of the night. Finally, at 10:30pm I call the front desk to order a wake up call for the next morning. Nothing. Called 3 times and let the phone ring 12-15 times each time. Its 10:30pm on a Friday night, where is your staff? Not doing their job. After being in the hotel for 7 hours, I'm angry, dismayed and left with a headache. For my sanity and health I cannot stay here again.

On a side note, the first time I stayed here was about 2 months previous. I didn't have a good experience. So I wrote a review and soon after the manager responded. I didn't realize he had written back until I was about to write this second review. I appreciate a manager taking time to respond. So, I sent him an e-mail, explaining my awful stay but assured him that if he responded to my e-mail, I wouldn't write any public review. It's been over 2 weeks and I've yet to hear from anyone so I've decided to make my review public. I've never had a worse experience in a hotel

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank johnstone01
johnstone01 - Our sincere apologies for not making your second stay with us a different experience from your first. I know it must have been even more overwhelming as you were not feeling well during your stay. We hope you have completely recovered from whatever was ailing you. We thank you for taking the time to share the details of your stay and we will make sure to take some time with our team to go over your comments and see where we could have made a difference. We would still like to connect with you and am offering my direct email as jorge.ferbeyre@grahamhospitality.com. With the experiences we both have had trying to connect via Tripadvisor, this may be a better vehicle. I look forward to the opportunity to speak with you.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Lakes hotels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I stayed at Shula's Hotel on a business trip and man am I pleased! The rooms were very clean,the pool and garden area were relaxing. Everything you need to ease your mind on your stressful business trips. The customer service was impeccable. I found the front desk to be extremely helpful. I came across two ladies in the front desk that really made me feel comfortable Carolina and Natasha. Both Young ladies were very professional and sweet, definitely made my stay at Shula's an experience of a lifetime! If I am ever in the Miami area again I will definitely be staying here!

• Stayed May 2014
flyjames88 - Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Shula's Hotel. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience and found our surrounding relaxing. The pool and lagoon areas are quite unique and do offer a sense of escape from what can be a rigorous business day for many travelers. We also want to thank you sharing you service experience and for specifically mentioning Natasha and Carolina. These ladies are truly wonderful and we are lucky to have them on our team.

Thank you again and safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Stadium Hotel
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!