“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Miami, Florida
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Youar Hotel personnel was great! Caroline and Mac and Kevin are excellent. I think you have a great staff overall and very willing to go the extra mile for their guest. It was actually raining really badly and a wedding was taking place outside and the hotel stepped up and did everything they could to make sure that bride had an awesome day!
I was not part of this wedding party but saw the hotel employees rush to give the service and served with pleasure and grace. Kudos to you...I give you 100 stars if I could.

Room Tip: The front desk employees accommodated me in everyway. The first was the best for me although every f...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Jackie G - Thank you for taking the time to share your observations while at Shula's and for recognizing our team members. They truly endeavor to provide the best possible experience for our guests and we appreciate them as well.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Jorge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Turkish first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here for two nights with a friend to see a concert down south. She used to live in the area so it helped out a lot for food around the hotel. It was affordable and a pretty good area of town. We checked in late with no problems. Had an issue with requesting more towels, in the end we just ended up finding housekeeping in the hallways and asking for more towels from them. The room itself was very clean and the bed was super comfortable. The bar and restaurant downstairs seemed good. We got a couple drinks at the bar the first night and they were very good. The only issue that we had is that we requested a late check out of 5pm instead of 12pm. We asked the front desk about this about 5 times prior to arriving, and then twice more when we arrived. They had all said that it was noted in our reservation that we requested that and we would pay an additional fee which we didn't mind. By 1pm, we were inundated with phone calls about ever half an hour asking why we hadn't checked out at the normal time. By 5pm, you could say we were a little frustrated. Other than that, I would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
playthreeagain - Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Shula's with us and we hope you enjoyed the concert. We were sorry to hear about the trouble you encountered with your late checkout and have shared your review with our front office team. Our sincerest apologies for the unnecessary frustration. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Providenciales
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Coming from a tourist destination i always look for great service and this was the best i found in miami so far.Thanks to Natasha aka Ms check in herself ,Mack aka Kool kid from FIU, Carolina da latina,Donna da stunna,Chris aka Flash, Rachel the lady with the perfect drink, and the funny man Miguel.Everyone at the hotel was super nice but these were the few that stood out .I dont even consider them hotel agents anymore but family.
Natasha-This lady was very professional and precise .Every guest was greeted with a smile and also she added her little spice to the hotel .Always smiling.
Mack -He is one of the employees that you wouldn't mind working in your hotel. Very calm always has the right answers and you can see he has a passion for the hotel industry .He will go far .
Donna and Carolina - My two night owls as i like to call them. They were the two i was more in contact with and trust me they are a plus to this hotel. They remembered the past guest as well as the new ones .I spent one night with them on their shift and observed them (they had no idea lol ). They were like the perfect double team .If i could take them to the Turks and Caicos and work for me at Beaches trust me i would in a heart beat. Please don't loose them they are a great asset to have They made my trip a lot more relaxing then i'm use too.
Chris- He was very professional and always popped up out of the blue to answer any question i had thats why i call him flash.Great asset .
Rachel at the bar was great. I would always go when she is just about to finish her shift and she would stay back to make me something special .I always told her to surprise me and she sure did . Thanks a million.
Miguel - This guy right here is a straight up comedian lol. He should not be in the restaurant but rather on stage .He kept me laughing at his million in one jokes .I could have seen that he was very passionate about what he does and if he isn't a supervisor yet i highly recommend it as he is a person you need to mentor the younger generations esp about great customer service .

I am definitely a RAVING FAN now at this hotel and all i can say is watch out ill be back and this is now my new spot when ever i'm in miami .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Freddy3388 - It is always wonderful to hear when our guests shares a great experience with us and it is even more so when specific team members are acknowledged for the commitment to service. We thank you for taking the time to identify them all and for sharing your experiences with us. Creating Raving Fans is what it's all about for us and it is great to hear that our team has turned yet another guest into one. Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you and we look forward to your next visit to Miami.

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We chose this hotel because it was a very convenient location for our plans. We were warmly greeted at the front desk and check-in was fast and efficient. Finding the room took a bit of time as the hotel has a winding, awkward layout. Depending on where your room is located, it can be a bit of a long walk from the nearest elevator. The hallways are a bit drab and could use some attention. The rooms, however, are very well laid out and very pretty. While the bathroom is pretty basic, there is a sink and counter outside the main bath area which is a tremendous aid when two people get ready in the morning. The best part of our stay, though, was the bed. Both my husband and I commented this may have been one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept on (and we somewhat regularly frequent the home of the heavenly bed). The sheets were soft and luxurious and the mattress had just enough "fluff" to make you feel enveloped and cozy. The second best thing about this hotel is the location. With the hotel located right on Main Street, you are steps away from quaint little shops, nice restaurants, and a movie theatre. It's a nice stroll in the evening. We would definitely stay here again and recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Christine D - Would like to take this opportunity to thank you for choosing Shula's as your destination hotel and for sharing your experience with us. Our team was very happy to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your stay and were also able to enjoy the Main Street experience. It is a great location with many dining and shopping options and great for an after dinner stroll as you mentioned. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you and again thank you for your time.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 12 days at Shula's Hotel on Main Street in Miami Lakes.
Upon arrival I was greeted by Natasha and Gio which were just so friendly and kind. My original reservation at the Indigo was cancelled and Natasha and Gio upgraded me to a suite.
EM

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Eddiekeys - Thank you for allowing us to be of service to you during your extended stay at Shula's. We appreciate you sharing your review with us and for the specific mention of two of our team members (Natasha and Gio) They along with the entire Shula's team are grateful for your acknowledgement of their outstanding committment to service. We hope your travels bring you back to Shula's in the near future.

Thank you again and we wish you safe travels

Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Rooms are very clean with affordable prices and plenty of parking.

Our check In Time is at 3:00 PM even though we went at 5:45 Pm we waited for room about 20 to 25 mins. Overall we enjoyed staying in the room .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
sampath m - We were happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and appreciate you sharing this with us. We do apologize for the delay with your room and hope it did not cause you too much of an inconvenience.

Thank you sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Munich, Germany
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I just want to share my experience because I've yet to understand why all the negative reviews. I on the other hand had an AMAZING experience. The one thing I will say needs to be fixed is the extremely loud a.c. units. The beds were beyond comfortable, my view was awesome, and the customer service was phenomenal. Checking in is always my first observation on any place, and let me tell you the young lady at the front desk named Natasha has such a great and comforting attitude. Unfortunately my room was not ready when I arrived, but she made sure I was well taken care of. She handled the situation as a professional and still made me feel welcomed. While I Waited for my room I went over to Steak 2 to have a drink, which I'd recommend to any sports fan like myself. Overall with the friendly staff, comfortable beds, the amazing view, and everything you would possibly need within walking distance I would absolutely recommend this hotel to all my friends and family. Until next time Miami Lakes!

• Stayed May 2014
JFerbeyre, Manager at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this review, 25 May 2014
wshultz - Many thanks for taking the time to share your Shula experience with us and for the wonderful comments you have provided. We always look forward to hearing from our guests and it really makes a difference when our team's commitment to providing simply great service is acknowledged. We also appreciate your specific mention of Natasha's efforts. She has recently become our Tripadvisor celebrity with numerous mentions on recent reviews and we are very proud of her and her commitment to service. We look forward to the next opportunity to be of service to you and again thank you for your time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Stadium Hotel
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens

Been to Shula's Hotel & Golf Club? Share your experiences!