Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$120
Hotels.com
US$138
US$106
Hotels.com
Holiday Inn Miami West - Airport Area(Hialeah Gardens)
US$124
US$138
US$133
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
US$133
Residence Inn Fort Lauderdale SW/Miramar(Miramar)(Great Value!)
US$122
US$178
US$155
GardenInn.com
All reviewsmiami lakes areafootball gamesignature floorbusiness travelersouth floridabit datednice stayminute drivehousekeeping staffnice poolmiami beachalyssadolphinscvscruise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 March 2009

My husband and I stayed at this hotel the week of Feb 19, 2009. He was there for business and I tagged along for pleasure. We stayed on the signature floor. I had never stayed in a hotel room that had a spiral staircase in it but this room was great. It overlooked the pool, had a very comfy bed and the shower was huge. I found everything clean and the room was great. If you are going to stay at this hotel do ask for a poolside room or a room that doesn't look over the parking lot. Yes, some of the rooms do look out onto the parking lot. So, to avoid this make a request for poolside. The pool area was very clean and welcoming. We also ate at the original Shula's steak house which was excellent. If you like steak go there for a great meal. it's not that far from the hotel but if you want there is a shula's 2 and bar in the hotel. Nice area. ok for shopping not that great. We would go back again.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2009

January 20, 2009 Chicago traveler -
I was in Miami on business, and this was the first time I stayed at Shula's. Overall it was an above average hotel, I didn't use the workout area, pool or Shula's Steak house. My main interest was a comfortable bed, clean room & hot shower and I can only say the bed was comfortable. I did complain and was given a free drink in the bar. They said they would check the plumbing and clean my bathroom again but I couldn't tell any difference when I returned.

Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 October 2008

Shulas is one of the best hotels I have stayed at in Miami. The level of service is second to none and it starts at the front desk and continues thoughout. The athletic club is a great way to wind down after work, and the food at Shula's 2 is excellent and affordable. Being a regular customer I have had the privelage to meet many of the sales team and I can tell you that the quality of the staff is not only felt at the front desk but the attentiveness of all of their staff, whether it be maintenance or even the floor managers. All in all the hotel is worth the price and I would reccomend to anyone.

Michael Gualandi

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 29 September 2008

great for a weekend getaway. cleanest room ive ever stayed in. very reasonalble rates .food & service at shulas 2 (lunch & dinner) was the best you could wish for. we ate bf lunch and dinner there. breasfast was ok ,different staff -nothing we ordered came out correct. they have some issues to work on regarding staff, also didnt like the fact they had non registered guests using pool. did complain- they sent security to escort them off property.(not sure how they got in-needed key to access any door) pool open 24 hours which was a first and we loved it. we had a ground floor pool view room and loved how easy to walk out glass door to pool. we would stay again but will warn you housekeeping starts knocking and opening doors by 8 am, even with do not disturb sign. housekeeping must have some tales by end of day!!!

Stayed: September 2008
Reviewed 24 July 2008

#1-They advertise $25 off Shula's restaurant. They don't tell you it's 1/4 mile away (not on hotel property) and only good for dinner 6-10pm.

#2-Hotel staff was decent, no issues.

#3-Cute little shopping/business area within walking distance...

#4-...but really far away from Miami Beach, Bayside, or any other attractions you might want to visit.

#5-We ended up with a handicapped accessible shower stall. Not sure if they're all alike, but the water kept splashing outside the curtain making a big wet mess.

#6-Not sure where the funk came from, but it was really really smelly. Like wet dog and burned hair covered up with incense.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
lgory, Director of Sales / E-Commerce at Shula's Hotel & Golf Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2008

Thank you for choosing Shula's Hotel & Golf Club and for sharing your experience on Tripadvisor.com. Comments such as yours only allow us to improve and we appreciate your feedback.
We have 10 handicap equipped guest rooms and will certainly investigate the source of this smell.
I would also like to welcome you back the next time business or pleasure brings you to the Miami Lakes area. Please feel free to contact me at anytime. 305-821-1150.

Lisa Gory