“Convenient and comfortable stay”

Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My husband and I stayed here when we went to see the Ravens play the Dolphins last weekend. The location is convenient to the stadium and airport, and a reasonable drive to South Beach. The hotel has that classic Florida feel, and we would definitely stay there again.

We checked in late on a Saturday night, and the clerk upgraded us to a suite without us even asking. The room was spacious and well decorated. Parking is ample and free.

As gym rats, we definitely appreciated the fact that staying at the Hotel Indigo gave us free access to the nearby Don Shula's athletic club.

We only had one complaint during our stay, and that was that whenever we tried to call the front desk from our room, we never got an answer.

Still, we'd definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a suburban locale, but still feel close to everything.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the courtyard area have balconies.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

AlisaBS - Thank you for providing us a review of your experience at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. We hope you and your husband had a great time while in Miami. It was also great to hear that you were able to experience Shula's Athletic Club during your stay. It is a great facility that is available to all our guests and definitely a must-do while in our neighborhood. We were sorry to hear about the trouble with the phones and are reviewing this with our team to determine the cause and appreciate you sharing this with us.

Thanks again for sharing and safe travels

Reviewed 5 October 2013

This is a conveniently located hotel, that is done like some vacation spots in Mexico, DR or So. America.
I called to get some answers - friendly staff with no pain in their voices. Must be nice to work there.
Arrived late - people are smiling and helping, like in the best hotels I've stayed. Nice and professional staff.
Bar, pool, small restaurant, very nice rooms (I should admit BIG room). Beds were awesome, room was super clean, view on the golf course was awesome. It was nice to stay there.
What am I forgetting. Ah.. shuttle service! Very cool thing.
Breakfast - right there or places further down the road, movies, etc. All we needed was right there. So we combined a business trip with rest and pleasure.
Miami Dolphins stadium is near by. Ocean wasn't too far either.
Love Miami and most definitely loved the Hotel Indigo.
I recommend it for families with kids, business, solo or duo travelers. I'll be back.

Room Tip: Ask for the golf course view.
1  Thank RT4

RT4 - Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and for wonderful comments you provided us. Our team is happy to hear that they were able to create a memorable experience for you and look forward to your next visit.

Thanks Again and Safe Travels

Reviewed 30 September 2013

I went in a non-peak time, so the hotel seemed almost empty, but the staff was always very friendly and attentive. I loved my bright room, easy 20 steps to the pool which I had to myself and the serenity, seldom acheived as a road warrior. After just 2 days there, I felt as if I had been in a spa and this included one very busy day with my client! My only complaint would be the restaurant and bar options. I was told they were out of all but one kind of red wine and on Sunday and Monday, the restaurant next door Shula's was closed. Luckily I found a great restaurant 5 minutes away, see my review on Lisboa-Havana.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

rioja44 - We appreciate you sharing your recent experience with us and we were happy to hear you were able to enjoy some quiet time. We do apologize for not having our selection of wine available to you but glad you had an opportunity to venture into our neighborhood and experience some of our local flavor. We look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Safe Travels

Reviewed 27 September 2013

As a hotel owner on the west coast of Florida, I get that renovations are constant and expensive. Your staff was fantastic from the minute I walked in. Great smiles, easy check in. Showed me around your facilities with personal knowledge and with a smile. I stayed in room 1114. You all have done a great job with your conversion. I loved the colors, the style and all the appointments made in the rooms. Your public spaces are beautiful and welcoming. This is a FANTASTIC location that was right in the middle of where my points of business were. A great location for both Ft. Lauderdale and South Beach. I really loved my stay at your property and look forward to staying there again.

Marc..... Mar6861275@aol.com

Stayed: September 2013
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 29 September 2013

Marc C - Thank you for sharing your comments with us and for the wonderful words regarding our team. They are passionate about what they do and truly make a difference. We will be sure to share your comments with our team and look forward to being of service to you again in the near future.

Safe Travels.

Reviewed 25 September 2013

Its in a golf course which looks nice, front desk looks great, they have a bar that serves also fruit and snacks. Trying to get to the room with bags at 11pm was not so easy since elevator is strangley located, it was summer, so a lot of cockroaches where outside the building, fortunately the inside is separated by doors, decorations feels weird, I went to the pool but I thought it was too old, I didn't felt confortable getting in, it felt like the 60's. Staff is nice. Not sure I'll be coming back.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business

EdnaPinzon - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We noticed that you are well-traveled and appreciate your perspective. There is a certain charm to our property that makes us unique and we hope that the minor details you noticed did not detract from your overall experience with us. We also hope that if you do travel back to Miami Lakes, you make us your destination hotel.

Reviewed 24 September 2013

We stayed here for one night on a business trip. This was a weird experience. We've stayed at other Indigo Inn's in Miami and have always had great experiences, but we will not be back to this location. We needed to grab a fairly quick breakfast in the hotel cafe in order to make our meeting in time, so we inquired when ordering how long breakfast would take. The server seemed confused, pointed at me and my companion, and asked "for both?". Yes, for both - we like to eat together. He told us that each breakfast was cooked separately and would each take 10 minutes since there was one cook. He wasn't kidding. I ate my breakfast, but by the time he brought out the second dish 20 minutes later, we had to run and my companion didn't have time to eat it. We offered to pay for it and suggested he could give it to someone else. The server looked offended and argued that he couldn't possibly give it to someone since it was made for us. Again, ???????. They ended up comping the second item, but we would have preferred to just pay for it as we had offered over waiting for management to approve the adjustment, given that we had already mentioned that we were in a hurry. It was a strange experience. The issue wasn't the breakfast, or the timing, but really, was the lack of customer service skills that bordered on rude. Additionally, not sure why the kitchen can't cook two dishes at the same time??? Weird.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

vandy99 - Thank you for sharing your experience with us and we do apologize for the issues you encountered during breakfast. Providing you a quick breakfast and great service should have been our focus. We have gone back to our restaurant team and reviewed your comments in order to better understand what occurred and ensure this type of issue does not occur again. The staff is committed to providing great service and is disappointed for not meeting that commitment with you. We do hope to have another opportunity to make this up to you in the near future.

Thanks again and safe travels.

Reviewed 9 September 2013 via mobile

This is an old motel they tried to fix. The rooms are very south Florida, but beware. Old window banger air conditioning unit either freezing cold or warm. Room smelled musty and felt damp. Definitely not what I thought an Indigo was supposed to be. Probably soured me on Indigos forevermore. In all fairness, the front desk staff was nice and professional.

• Stayed: September 2013
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Floridagator - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We are sorry to hear about the issue you encountered with your air conditioning in your room and wish we would have had an opportunity to correct the issue before your departure. We hope that this experience does not keep you from staying at a Hotel Indigo in the near future. It is a great brand with great people and your recent experience is an unfortunate anomaly that we are truly sorry for.

Thank you again and safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
Stadium Hotel
Stadium Hotel
#1 of 1 in Miami Gardens

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!