“Unfriendly staff at check-in, out reservation was messed up, first room digustingly dirty”

Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Roodt/Syre
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

I was once already in an Indigo Hotel in San Diego which was a fantastic place, so I booked the one in Miami Lakes without hesitation. I even got a good price with the government rate. But then we arrived at the check-in around 6 p.m , the lady at the check-in was very unfriendly unfortunately I can't remember her name , but if someone from the management wants to check who worked we were there from February 17-19. I booked a ONE KING BED EXECUTIVE SUITE NONSMOKING, so when we arrived in our room, I thought for an executive suite is this a really small room. So I went back to the reception, to ask if this room we've got was a really an executive suite, she said No senor, you have got normal room, in your reservation is written that you want any room, I said no and I showed her my reservation, she said again very rude, well no suite available now, hotel is fully booked, and then I asked her if we could at least have another room, because our room was disgustingly dirty, blood stains, the toilet was dirty, the radio also. And so she said again are you not paying attention I said hotel is fully booked, tomorrow you will have your executive suite. Wow I never got such answers in a hotel, not even in a motel. And yes I asked if somebody could come to clean that, but noone ever came, and I asked 3 times, twice by going myself back to the reception. Ok finally we stayed in the room, and the next day we've got the executive room. Which was cleaner, but also not perfect. But well ok, we were only here to sleep, next day when we checked out, there was a much friendlier man at the checkin which gave us also a discount without any hesitation when I said when had the wrong room the first night. So yeah next time when I'm in the are I won't go to that Indigo, as I said before the one in San Diego in the Gaslamp district was fantastic.
Only good thing at the hotel, the location for Fort Lauderdale, and free parking, but No I won't go back to that place!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Timlux
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 6 July 2014
Timlux - Thank you for sharing this with us and we do offer our sincerest apologies for this experience. February is a high demand month in Miami and although we could not accommodate you in a different room, the level of service you received at check-in should have been equal to or better than what you received at checkout. We are glad that one of our team members recognized the issue and took action and we appreciate you recognizing him for doing so. We hope that this experience does not deter you from staying at Hotel Indigo properties and that you allow us another opportunity to turn your experience around. We have made several changes since your stay in February and hope that you would reconsider. We thank you again for sharing and look forward to being of service to you again.

Wishing you future safe travels.

Jorge

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Alachua, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

This Hotel Indigo backs to the Don Shula golf club. It is quiet and seems kind of tucked away, but not out of the way. The room was fine. The pool is OK, but has the advantage of seeming like a real tropical oasis.The cafe food was good and reasonably price but the late evening service was slow.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the golf course which was nice, but faces morning sun.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Ashley S
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Ashley S - Thank you for sharing your review of Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. So sorry to hear about the slow service you encounter during the evening hours at our restaurant and have shared this with our team. We hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future and again thank you for your time.

Safe travels

Acworth, Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

The first room I was given had water all over the floor when I checked in. I was given another room. The room I was given was musty and I couldn't open the window. The hallway was even worse -- it reeked in the mornings of mildew. The bed was very uncomfortable, and the sheets felt damp every time I went to bed. I ended up with a pretty bad sinus problem when I got home and had to go see a doctor for an antibiotic, steroids, and nasal spray. (And I've stayed in Miami numerous times, and in this hotel before, and never had problems like this.)

The chair in the other room was disgusting -- dirt-stained, with hair on it from one of the previous guests. Housekeeping was pretty poor -- some days, I would get one clean towel and a washcloth (no bath rug); other days, I'd get three of everything.

I'll add that the young woman working the front desk was very nice and helpful. It just seems that ownership/management does not care much about the property or rooms.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Joe30102
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Joe30102 - We were sorry to hear about your recent experience with us and regret not being able to provide you with a more comfortable and enjoyable stay. We do appreciate the feedback and hope you have recovered from your sinus trouble. We are working on some property renovations over the summer and hope you give us another opportunity to turn your experience around.

Thank you for your time and safe travels.
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Considering the name attached I expected more but hot less. Could be I set myself or he hotel up for hat one when you up in with high hopes. Location is amazing for shopping, dining and golfing. Close to airport and highways. Room had a great view of he fairway but the ceiling had cracks showing the joints. Bathroom was very uncomfortable with no vanity space at all. Zero. Zilch. Toiletries have to go on the toilet tank because they have modern bowl sink that sit on a small round table. Paint was rough and the handles had some calcium buildup. Ac was very loud but I can't get over the view. That made the stay much better.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank HotelG418
HotelG418 - Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us. We were happy to hear that you enjoyed your view and what our surrounding neighborhood has to offer. We do apologize for some of the conditions you found in your room. We would tend to agree that vanity space in your room was limited and we are addressing that in our summer renovation plans. We have also started to change the shower handles as the original ones were experiencing failure with the factory finish. We hope that the aspects you enjoyed about our property will bring you back to see some of the changes taking place over the summer. We do have a great location and with the renovation taking place, we know you will find our property even more appealing as your preferred destination in Miami Lakes.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels.

Muenster, Germany
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I stayed for a couple of days in the Indigo - Miami Lakes. Te Location is in the middle of Miami ad Fort Lauderdale, a Little to the west. The executive room is huge with two rooms. The bed is nice and the interiour is also nice.
But unfortunately one day the bathroom wasnt clean nice and when I came first time to room I found the hair from the People before in the shower. In General the bath room could be maintained a little.
The breakfast is not much food without big choice. The employees are nice except the guy in the night or evening shift.When I checked in he forgot the half.
For such amount of 140 USD per night I expect more.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank JER74
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
JER74 - Guten Tag to our friends from Germany. We thank you sharing your recent experience with us at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. Our sincere apologies for the issues you encountered with the condition of your bathroom as well as with your interaction with one of our team members. Our team strives to provide consistent exceptional service to our guests and are disappointed we did not meet or exceed your expectations. We appreciate hearing from our guests and especially one that has traveled a quarter of the globe as yourself.

Wishing you future safe travels

F. Lauderdale
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I have to say that I am thoroughly impressed with Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes. Being that this was my first experience with the brand I didn't quite know what to expect. I was very pleasantly surprised to find our room (1121) was not only modern and spacious but it had a great view of the Golf Course with an extended terrace and direct access. The room was bright and lively, comfortable, and clean. The parking was free with easy access to the room. There was a great desk, ipod connection, and flat screen TV. The AVEDA bath products were an excellent treat and a good preview of our Spa Treatments at the Aveda Spa at Shulas we booked for Spa Week (50$ treatments 4/21-4/27). The bathroom was modern with a great walk in shower and multiple heads. It was definitely a luxury touch. Everyone we encountered at the hotel was friendly, and eager to assist. Management has done a great job in training at this property. I loved that they also offered an in room dining option, which we used on our first night. The food was fresh, portions were generous, and the dessert was delicious. (lava cake and vanilla bean ice cream) The pool area was quiet and serene and the furniture at the pool was also stylish and modern. The gym was adequate with a nice array of weights and machines. Although this building was older the interiors were very fresh and well kept. We appreciated the business center as well which came in handy for printing during our stay. The nearby Main Street was also another pleasant surprise. We had breakfast at the Via De France Bakery and enjoyed great Spa services and an excellent Happy Hour at Shulas. The staff all throughout was touch notch. I am usually rather discerning with hotels but I have to stay it was refreshing that there was consistency amongst the level of service provided. Eddy at the Front Desk and a Hispanic young lady with curly hair and glasses at the Front Desk stick out as the most helpful. They certainly should be recognized for their efforts.

The ONLY downside to our experience was during our last day we received a phone call from someone claiming to be the General Manager. They said that there was a "glitch" in the system and that the Credit Card I used for incidentals was accidently deleted. The person asked me to provide my Credit Card number over the phone so they could easily put it back in the system. I've heard about this scam before so I told them I'd go to the Front Desk to resolve the issue. When I went to the Front Desk they were clueless and said they don't ask for cards over the phone. I'm glad I knew about this because I'm sure other travelers may not be as educated on scams like this. My concern comes back to how that person was able to reach my room number, they must've been transferred from the Front Desk..

Room Tip: Room 1119 or 1121 were beautiful and seem slightly larger than others
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
HotelInnsider - Thank you for sharing these experiences with us. We were very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to explore our neighborhood and take advantage of some of the amenities we have to offer. So sorry to hear about the phone call you received on your last day. We have reviewed this information with our staff to ensure all safety protocols are clearly understood and followed. We have also shared with some of the neighboring hotels as well. We have heard about this type of activity in our industry for years but have never had a personal experience at our property. We hope travelers read your review and follow to your great advice.

Thank you again for sharing and we wish you safe travels

South Kent, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2014

The thing that is painfully obvious about this Indigo property is that it is suffering from lack of maintenance. In our room there was a broken desk chair (it didn't rise), there were places where the plaster and paint were damaged, the wand for the curtains had disappeared, paint was peeling off the lamps and furniture, and the exterior was kind of sad-looking. It's a shame because I really liked the design of the rooms, and they were reasonably clean. There aren't a lot of hotel choices in this corner of northwest Dade county, so I hope for improvement.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
JFerbeyre, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
oxide - Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us. We recognize some of the deficiencies you have noted and have been working to ensure that these details are addressed. We have also started planning for our overall property renovation/refresh which will fully launch this summer. We do apologize for not exceeding your expectations and are team hopes other aspects of your stay were enjoyable. We value your comments and hope to have another opportunity to be of service to you in the near future. We are confident that you will see a significant improvement in the short term and once the refresh is completed, you will not want to stay anywhere else in Miami Lakes.

Thank you for your time and we wish you safe travels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes

Been to Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!