“Pet Owners Beware”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Chicago
“Pet Owners Beware”
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Told the front Desk I had a Dog before getting there and I was placed in dumpy, dingy, dirty, room. Carpet was wet, dirty, stained, and we were scared to walk barefooted in room. Complained and we were given a couple of options that were also pathetic. Stayed in other LQ Inns w/ positive experiences BUT, this place is a dump. Location wise good because it is close to highways, restaurants, etcetera.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 13 February 2014
Hi Johnny, Thanks for your review of our La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes. WOW - this is not the type of experience we want our La Quinta guests to have when staying with us! We're sorry about the cleanliness issues you experienced during your stay, and we'll be sharing your feedback with both our Housekeeping and Maintenance staff. This type of room is not to our standard of cleanliness, and we definitely have a training opportunity with our staff here. We appreciate you sharing your experiences with us, and know that we'll be working to improve our operation.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tampa, United States
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Overall hotel is more good than very good, quiet, convenient to shopping and a variety of restaurants (easy walk with good lighting and visibility.... felt very safe). Rooms were clean with adequate room for an extended stay. However bed could have been a little more comfortable, and selection of pillows left much to be desired. Breakfast left much room for improvements, especially if hotel is near capacity.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Pinellas Park,FL, United States
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Awesome how 15 minutes after I checked into my room I recieved a courtesy call asking if I needed anything or was there anything they needed to address. Hall ways could be a little cleaner. A second enterance woould help too...

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

1 Thank Michael C
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

Great location in miami lakes nearby to restaurants, bars, movies, Starbucks etc. also close to highway 826.

Clean room for the most part, friendly service (I checked in at 9am lol), and I really liked the TV service. Guide available and show time. Not as luxury as a hilton or marriott but kind of cozy and nice location.

Stayed January 2014
Gurley, Alabama
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed here with my husband do to his business trip. Upon requeste we got one of the rooms on the upper floor. The room was ok but the bed was awful. The seam of the mattress was thick and hard and once I sat on the bed I practically fell into it. It had an old mattress which was not very comfortable to sleep on. The bed skirt on one side was covered with stains. Breakfast was not the greatest either. The waffles tasted like cardboard. The staff was nice and I would have liked it if one of the housekeepers or the ladies in the breakfast room would have spoken English. I could not talk to them since I don't speak Spanish.

Florida
Reviewed 19 January 2014

Stayed here two nights on business recently. As others have said the floors and elevator look a bit dingy. The floors are hardwood that either needs to be refinished or carpeting installed over top. The elevator seems quite old and is a bit slow. The room itself was adequate and seemed clean enough. The microwave and fridge were greatly appreciated. Breakfast was basic, with hard boiled eggs, bagels, yogurt, cereal, etc. There is a shopping center next door with restaurants, Winn Dixie, etc., which is very convenient. One issue I had was there does not seem to be any heat in the room. It was quite chilly at night and the a/c wouldn't switch to heat and actually shut down when I tried to turn up the thermostat. One of the employees had to come up and reset it. I know it's Miami, but it still gets cold sometimes!

This is a very busy area and traffic can be a real problem, but that is not the hotel's fault. Area seemed safe enough, although a few of the guests looked a little shady to me. They looked like day laborers. As a woman traveling alone, I was a little uncomfortable with that, but I personally did not have a problem. All in all, an ok stay, but I probably wouldn't go out of my way to stay there again.

Temecula, California
Reviewed 16 January 2014

The Marriott Courtyard Miami Lakes was sold out so I gave LQ a try for a budget alternative. I would have gladly paid the extra $40 for the Marriott. Next time I will pay the difference and have 1) Updated room that doesn't resemble a barracks, 2) No closet sized bathroom with loud fan, 3) A/C that works - I had to manually shut off the window A/C since the wall control was broken, 4) no mini fridge that vibrated so loudly I had to shut it off. Noisy halls and paper thin walls.

The girls in the room across the hall, RM 304, cackled all night then started again at 5:00AM. Very loud and rude. I got up to see if there was coffee and the girls came out of the room… they were wearing La Quinta employee shirts. No class.

Breakfast is like a scene from Sheriff Joe Arapio's jailhouse. Internet works fine.

Very depressing for the price, worth about $66 / night or half the price.

My standards are obviously higher than those who would give this 'motel' more than 3 stars.

Travellers are raving about these Miami Lakes hotels

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
Courtyard Miami Lakes
#3 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
Shula's Hotel & Golf Club
#1 of 4 in Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!