“Do not go here”

On the Border
Ranked #47 of 59 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 27 January 2013

Worst experience. Beware of friends of staff hanging around computer with iphone- potential credit card fraud. Cold food. No plates brought with sampler. For entertainment watch friends get loving with staff. Receipt on floor never picked up- lots of people passed by and never picked up. Lots of staff and moderate customers. As a road warrier, I eat out 8 meals a week so will definitely never grace the doors of any On the Border again.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

Walked in on a friday night with my bf for mexican delite. The hostess at the door wasn't exactly a meany but she wasn't welcoming at all. Told us to wait 25 mins and we did, while noticing that there were many tables clean and open. Finally they sat us down after 1/2 hr at a back table at the end of the restaurant where no server was ever seen for at least 15 min until 1 appeared asking if we had been serviced, She was kind enough to bring us chips and salsa and get our order for drinks, then disappeared. The water and drinks ordered never arrived, nor did the server after our order was taken. After other 15 min of waiting and almost dying of thirst with no drinks or service we walked out and complained to the hostess who didn't do anything, not even a facial expression was showed from her. No manager was even available to say I'm sorry! or to help us get served. No one ever was available to fix anything. I dont know about the food cause obviously we didnt get the chance to try it.. but service was the worst I ever had experienced. If you have a nice night planned with your significant other; please don't go there!!! It will get ruined!!! I do not recommend it!!!!
I ended up having dinner right next door at rubby tuesday with a much better service!!!

Reviewed 5 November 2012

The ambiance is great with Mexican pottery and designs on the walls.The service was quick and efficient and friendly.The food was plentiful and very good and the price is reasonable.The place is a little small and it can get overwhelmed with people fast ,but all things considered this is a great restaurant.Goo Mexican food at a fair price!!

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Stopped in for a late lunch, hoping for spicy Tex Mex. few people there on a Wednesday. Placed my order. Server sort of sheepishly said, we're out of chips today. WHAT? How could a Tex Mex restaurant be out of chips? There are only two of us waiters today. So, do you make them? Yes.

Waiting for my food to come... long waiting, especially without chips, i noticed at least 4 different servers... they nearly outnumbered the customers by this time in the afternoon... but no chips. In a Tex Mex restaurant.

Food finally came. barely luke warm, no spicy seasoning, no server to ask to bring hot sauce or anything.

I'll not return.

Reviewed 16 September 2012

Great food, great music, great people, great service... It's a 5 star place I love to go there and have some drinks and enjoy the environed... A place to go with your couple, family, friends and everybody...