“Not so great” 2 of 5 bubbles

Shula's Steak 2
Ranked #10 of 52 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Price range: US$1 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Bar, Steakhouse, Pub
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Groups, Romantic, Bar Scene, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Washington DC, District of Columbia, USA
“Not so great”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I was here two years ago and the food wax better; breakfast wasn't very good--the food on buffet was cold both mornings even though the strenos were burning; the toaster was broken and barely warmed things, but didn't toast them.

Dinner was so so, my burger was cooked more than I ordered and the fries weren't great. Last time I ate here (2 years ago) the dinner I ate was much better.

Visited July 2014

Brooklyn
“Lunch @ Shula's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

Had lunch there a few times... the burgers were outstanding...especially bleu cheese..
Drinks at bar a couple of times...good atmosphere, on the quieter side, but worked out great for conversation. you could hear yourself talk..

All in All...good choice

• Visited May 2014
knoxville
“Good dinners; breakfast needs some work”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Recently stayed here on business. I picked up dinner most nights from Shula's 2 in the hotel. Everything that I tried was quite good. I had the grilled chicken sandwich and sweet potato fries, the club sandwich and regular fries, the grilled chicken salad (which is topped with fried tortilla strips - NOT listed on the menu, if you need to know that!), and the chimichurri steak with veggies. I was happy with most of my meals (although I asked for a bunless sandwich the first night, and apparently to the kitchen, that meant no bun and no toppings as well. I just took the bun off the second time instead of asking.) However, the breakfast buffet was another matter. It was identical every day I was there - two types of (soggy) scrambled eggs (which I suspect were actually a premixed egg product like EggBeaters), bacon/ham/sausage, potatoes, and pancakes, along with fruit (always the same mix - pineapple, grapes, cantaloupe, and a few strawberries), oatmeal, and various bread products. I would like to see them vary the offerings day-to-day instead of serving the exact same thing - this is not a free continental breakfast, you do pay for it. I don't eat many grains so I ended up with the exact same thing 5 mornings in a row - wet eggs, bacon, and fruit. Shula's staff was always nice and helpful, and I appreciated most of what I experienced, I just hope they improve their breakfast service - even fixing the eggs would make a difference.

• Visited June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Bloomington, Illinois
“Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Overpriced for the food you get. Especially the breakfast buffet....$15 for eggs, bacon, and sausage

Visited June 2014
Peoria, Illinois
“The fresh grouper filet was outstanding!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

The interaction with Miguel, our waiter was great. The grouper was superb. I found the prices to be on the high side but I enjoyed the meal and service. It was not crowded at all and I suspect that is because of the pricing. The breakfast buffet was excellent as well!

Visited May 2014