“Great find in Miami Lakes”

The KIng and I Thai Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 60 Restaurants in Miami Lakes
Price range: US$0 - US$15
Cuisines: Japanese, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Visited this restaurant while spending night away on business. Went in expecting Thai fare and was blown away by the sushi selection. Great Thai food as well. A don't miss if you're in the Miami Lakes area!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This at one point was my favorite Sushi Rest. for a ;long time .. Like anything else new ones come along that were also top notch... now it's my favorite sentimental Sushi rest.. Every thing here is very good.. ask for Darla she's been there for many years.. This place is three miles away from my house, so you can imagine me going there 4-5 times a month... prices are comfortable.. a family business for many years in our neighborhood.. Glad there are still there and going stronger even with good competition near by .. Try it if in the area won't be disappointed.. If you like my reviews click helpful.. it keeps me going Bon appetite. Kaneka

2  Thank KANEKA
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I went in and had the three roll lunch special for $12. The rolls had way too much rice and were about as plain as could be. The service was great and the restaurant is clean. The salads were the usual cheap iceberg lettuce with one slice of cucumber....boring. This sushi place needs to step up its game with some better rolls and make it a all you can eat for one price.

1  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 14 January 2014

My husband and I have been coming to The King and I for a couple of years now, and I finally wanted to give some feedback on one of our favorite places to get sushi and Thai food. We came in around 7 on a Tuesday night, and there was no wait for a table. We started as always with a couple of martinis, and our favorite appetizer of Gyoza. These little dumplings are always perfect, and our favorite way to start the meal. My husband had the Red Dragon Roll, and I had the Sea Bass Curry. Delicious as always. The service here is good, not great, but it's not why we come here. It's a quiet little place in a plaza with a grocery store, a billiard club and a couple other places to eat. Great for a nice relaxing night with excellent Thai/Japanese and sushi. Highly recommended!

2  Thank Candice G
Reviewed 6 December 2013

This is our favorite "go-to" place to eat Sushi in the Miami Lakes area. The place is clean, the staff is friendly. The prices are pretty affordable for the quality of the food.

1  Thank LilyC2006