“The rooms should be double checked for cleanliness before guest check in.”

Courtyard Miami Lakes
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Miami Lakes
Jacksonville, Florida
“The rooms should be double checked for cleanliness before guest check in.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

The lobby is very nice and the rooms appear to be nice at first glance. There was hair everywhere!!!! The shower floor, the sink and the bed....it was gross. We were in town for my father's funeral and were prepared to stay several nights but due to the hair that was on bottom of my shoe when I walked out of the room and the attitude of the staff we decided to stay elsewhere for remainder of our stay in Miami. I'm pretty sure I will never stay there again.

• Stayed April 2014
2 Thank Fambris
CourtyardMgmtML, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Lakes, responded to this review, 20 April 2014
Dear Fambris,

We are disappointed to hear about your recent experiences at the Miami Lakes Courtyard. Our commitment is to always meet and exceed our guest's expectations. From your feedback, it is evident that we did not meet your expectations. Please accept my sincerest apologies, and we hope that during a future trip to the Miami Lakes area, you will allow us to offer you the best of our hospitality services.

Orlando Amparo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Mayaguez, PR
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

We have stayed at the CY Miami Lakes for the last 7 years. It offers a great location within the MIami Lakes area with easy access to major highways. There are several food options within walking distance from the hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank RICARDO G
Floral Park, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014

I stay at this location every other week and the accommodations and staff are excellent. The breakfast is perfect. The check in process is quick and pleasant. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Management and staff are very attentive. I highly recommend this Marriott Courtyard location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Dean C
Virginia Beach, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

Stayed here for business for three nights. Entire facility was clean and the staff very friendly and helpful. The only issue I had, and this is typical of most hotels now, is that I would like to have a real regular sized pillow to sleep on instead of having to figure out how to sleep comfortably on the small decorator type pillows many hotels are using now.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Tom C
New Lenox
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Upon staying here in December, I left a box of my belongings. When I called to get this box back, I was told it was there and they will ship this box to me, and I left a phone charger. When I asked for the phone charger the lady who could barely speak english clearly told me that my box was there but my phone charger was not. Very clearly I asked her numerous times because I wanted to make sure this box with expensive vinyl figures was there. I received the phone charger that was not there in the mail and when i called about the box now they say no no we never said we had that. Thats total bs. I have called numerous times to talk to a manager left over 7 messages and no response back. Marriott is suppose to be one of the best! I used to stay at Marriott hotels for months for business and am a GOLD member. I will never stay at another Marriott again! Also talking to my company to pull out of Marriott hotels for business

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Linda M
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I have recently stayed here on business for 5 nights. The hotel is very good and the restaurant on site is not bad seeing it is really a snack bar. The bed was also very comfortable, I think it was a memory foam mattress topper air on very efficient but you could not leave it on all night.

The only issue is the people who come back late at night and have no consideration for anyone else who may be sleeping. They talk very load and even shout at their friends who are at the other end of the corridor. One person cam back late at 2.00 am and tried to shut the door about 10 times, the lock some times comes across when you open the door.
Why people cannot think of other people is beyond me!

Overall the hotel is good but a bit noisy, it would be nice if it was mentioned to guests when they check in.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Evanston, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice facility. Walking distance to a strip mall with many small restaurants nothing fancy. Better restaurants a car drive away.
No shuttle available at this location.
$70 from fort lauderdale airport.
Adjacent to sawgrass bypass, no issue with noise.
not a bad location for spot prior to a cruise out of Miami port.

• Stayed January 2014
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
Hotel Indigo Miami Lakes
#2 of 4 in Miami Lakes
TownePlace Suites Miami Lakes
Holiday Inn Express Miami-Hialeah (Miami Lakes)
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft Lauderdale / Miramar

Been to Courtyard Miami Lakes? Share your experiences!