“Really lacking”

Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 3 March 2013

The service, food---everything was marginal except for the salad. Bread was terrible as was dipping sauce. My biggest complaint was that the server recommended the linguine w/seafood as one of the better dishes. The pasta was overcooked and there was rubbery overdone calamari constituting the bulk of the fresh seafood---just a smattering of mussels and shrimp.

3  Thank Proseco

Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Almost didn't stop, as the door says they open at 12, ant it was only 11. Some of the food was very good, some just ok. They were far from prepared to be open when we came in. I would come back, but probably wait till 11:30 so they have everything out.

Reviewed 2 October 2012

I ate here a lot the last time I was in Opa Locka and was anticipating eating here again when I came back. Unfortunately it is not what I remember. They changed their menus, removed a lot of their lunch options and replaced them with more expensive options. I ordered the chicken piccata and found it unappetizing. Don't know how you screw this dish up so badly when it used to be a favorite. Service was slow and rude also. Don't get there right when they open as you will not be helped until they are ready to serve you.

2  Thank hairydawg78
Reviewed 6 September 2012

I went here about a year ago for an early dinner. I had ordered lasagna. The actual pasta layers felt a little undercooked & the sauce was a little too greasy. It seemed as if it was microwaved. The flavor was pretty bland & the preparation was less than average. Now keep in mind that this was a year ago but from what I'm reading below I can see that this is a common practice at this restaurant. If I do go hear again it will definitely be on a weekend. Their pricing isn't very competitive with the rest of the corporate chain italian restaurants.

Reviewed 25 June 2012

I only ate here once so far, but I was mostly impressed with the selection of food offered, and the quality of the food.
The service was average, not being offered more bread, and needing to ask that toilet paper be re-supplied to the restroom.
But it is the food that will have me coming back.

1  Thank AndrewJ5267