Runway Inn
US$118
US$91
US$82
EB Hotel Miami Airport(Miami Springs)
US$201
SleepInn
US$100
US$85
Red Roof
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 13 February 2014

For an airport stopover in Miami, I found no good choices. The choices are either high price with low quality, or very high price with better quality. I chose the Runway Inn because it is next to the airport, has a free shuttle, and is one of the lowest price options. It is old and rundown, but clean. It is definitely overpriced, but everything else in the area is too. Their shuttle came quickly for us, but one man said that he had been waiting 2 hours and 10 minutes for the shuttle.

Room Tip: Decide what is important to you; price or quality. Airport stopovers will be expensive either way.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Arshallmay
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear Arshallmay,
Thank you for the review you posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay at the Runway Inn. I am glad that we were able to provide accommodations for you on your layover in Miami. Our free shuttle service to and from the airport make it a convenient place to stay for a short while. I will inform the housekeeping staff that you find the place to be nice and clean, and for them to keep up their good work. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 11 February 2014

My wife and I stayed here en route to a cruise out of Miami Port. It looked a little dilapidated at first glance, but is only older, and is also well maintained and even distinctive. We had a quiet night and enjoyed the Latin restaurants around, and enjoyed a free shuttle to the port as well as a continental breakfast. Very friendly and helpful staff. Would definitely go back, as price is very reasonable and atmosphere is good.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank callmefishmeal

Dear callmefishmeal,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time at the Runway Inn. I am very happy to hear that enjoyed a quiet nights rest while staying with us in between your travels to the cruise. I will notify our staff of your kind words about them. Comments like yours are what makes our job so special. Our location provides us with many good food options close by, and I am happy hear you were able to venture out for a bite to eat. Thank you again for taking the time to post your review about your stay with us.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

The Runway inn is a very affordable hotel with a free shuttle and a free breakfast. the cost of the room was the best deal around. The hotel itself is dated, but very well maintained. if you are the one that complain about this place then I can only tell you to go pay three to four times the money and stay up town. This is a very nice hotel and very affordable. I will stay at this hotel again and again,any time I am traveling this part of the country.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tommy Joe M

Dear Tommy Joe M,
Thank you so much for the nice you review you left on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Runway Inn. I am very happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary amenities we offer to every one of our guests. These services, such as the airport shuttle, and breakfast, are in place to provide our guests with a better hotel experience. Thank you again for the review, and it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us on your next visit to the Miami area.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

Stayed here before flying to Haiti. The hotel is OLD, but I actually enjoyed my stay. In the room there is a sort of loud aircon that I liked because it drowned out the people talking in the hallway. This hotel has two great advantages.....the free shuttle and the breakfast!
When you arrive at the arrival hall go outside and there is NO SIGN, but basically you must flag down the minivan. The driver will sort of expect a tip but since I only had my backpack I just thanked him when I arrived at the hotel. The front desk man is an older man and really kind. He gave me a DHL envelope I had a friend send me and he was really professional and helpful. There is a GREAT diner about a block from the hotel that has great food! It also has some great pie so you can have a treat if you are hungry.

The morning shuttle was empty and there was no need for a reservation because the airport is so near, but check and make sure if you are traveling on a weekend. The breakfast was really basic but good. Fresh juice machines, tea and coffee, cereals and bagels with cream cheese and jams. Everything was really clean and I enjoyed just watching CNN as I ate.

Room Tip: Ask the front desk about this. I had no problem since the air con gave a nice hum that made the room peaceful for me. If you do not like this you might want to ask for a room without the aircons that are older.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeffrey W

Dear Jeffrey W,
Thank you very much for the positive review you posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your time with us at the Runway Inn. I am very happy to hear that our front desk clerk acted professionally and treated you kindly upon check in. Our free shuttle service and breakfast are some amenities we like to provide to our guests to better their hotel experience with us. Our close proximity to local restaurants allows our guests to experience the Miami flavors. Thank you again for your review, and it would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

I was here for one night after leaving Haiti from a mission trip, was hoping for a cozy bed and warm shower. The accommodations were about the same as Haiti a third world country! The staff was super nice but that's all it has going for it, the room was super tiny and felt dirty, we had to change rooms as our first room had dirty blankets. The carpets are old and dirty, and the shower was moldy, and in the morning found a roach crawling on my night stand. I alway believe u get what u pay for and even at $130 I payed to much. The only think that felt clean was the breakfast room, the attendant was great and kept it very clean, but was only cereal toast and coffee. Don't believe any positive reviews for this place they must not get out much. Keep in mind I am a missionary and I usually down expect much and was still Disappointed!!!!!!!!

Stayed: February 2014