“Disgusting”
Review of Runway Inn

Runway Inn
Ranked #15 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Our room was smaller than my childhood bedroom and smelled of bleach. I am convinced our sheets were never changed between guests because of food and hair found when we pulled the sheets back. The place is old, dirty, and not well maintained! I am really turned off and will never come back. We are only here 1 night researching a larger family vacation in a few months, but we definitely will not be booking here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Palmcoast11

Reviewed 7 March 2014

We stayed one night before and one night after our cruise. The night staff person was rude and appeared to be overwhelmed. There was no elevator but we did have help taking our luggage up them. The place smelled clean and our room was clean and the 2 queen beds were pretty good. Nice big flat screen TV. The shower was either too hot or too cold and went between burning you or freezing you. The breakfast for OK for a continental breakfast but the room was so crowded that we ate in the lobby area. They did pick us up at the airport and take us to the cruise ship for no charge, but we did pay $10 for a return trip to the hotel from the ship. Cheap enough. The older gentleman working the day shift was very pleasant and helpful and even remembered me on our return from the cruise. At $92 including tax for the first night, it was well worth the price. But, we paid almost twice that for the second night, probably because it was Sunday. The room was cool and the nose from the air conditioner blocked out the airplanes. We slept well. There was a Peruvian Restaurant across the street which was pretty good and a gas station convenience store a couple block away for extras you might need. All in all, it was not perfect, but served our purpose for the price.

Room Tip: If you have bad knees or trouble with stairs, ask for a room on the first floor. There is only one...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 February 2014

After reading the reviews from days inn Miami north, I cancelled my reservations with them & made reservations with Runway Inn. The place was decent, at least clean, however, there was no restaurants around & we ordered Dominos pizza off the room key cards & it took 1 hour & 15 minutes to get the pizza. It was like cardboard! That was not the worst of it. Around 2-3:30 am doors started to slam, and we were woken up several times until we had to get up ourselves. We did not have much rest whatsoever. The breakfast was fair, the coffee was horrible and not enough room for everyone to sit. On the way to the breakfast, there was dead cockroach laying in the hallway. I can say that I will not be staying at your place in the future.
Linda H

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

I read the reviews on this place and very hesitantly (yet out of financial necessity) booked one of their Deluxe Queen rooms, not expecting a particularly pleasant experience or having high hopes of any kind.

I gazed upon a very old, somewhat run-down building as i pulled into the parking lot, and anxiously entered the lobby. The whole building is quite dark and dreary, and could benefit from a good dusting. The older gentleman at the desk was very polite and accommodating, and he kindly directed me to my room on the first floor.

The hallway was quite narrow, and smelled quite strongly of mildew. I had to force my way into my room, as my door was not sitting properly on its frame. The room itself was small - this is not your modern fare - and though the bedroom was very clean, the bathroom left a lot to be desired. Mildew was in abundance, and the shower temperature varied wildly. The room was equipped with a brand new a/c unit, and the bed was clean and comfortable. No ironing board or blow dryer was provided. If you're looking for a basic place to lay your head for a night, this is a good choice.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Dear RachelTrekker,
Thank you for posting a review of your time at the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that our front desk worker was kind to you, and helpful in directing you to your room. We have been working as of late to clean up each room one by one. I am glad that you were in a room with a newly equipped A/C unit and that you found the bed to be comfortable. Thank you again for the post, and it would be our pleasure to have you back with us in the future.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

The check in staff was so rude. He was rude to us, people on the phone. I have never been treated so rude by ANY hotel staff, anywhere, ever. There was 6 people in our group. 2 of which were elderly and had trouble walking. This hotel has NO ELEVATOR!!!! They had no ground rooms available and my grandmother and elderly relative had to walk up steps.
There were dead bugs all over my bathroom ceiling. Room 259. Restaurant on corner is wonderful! No amenities in this hotel unless you include the horrible staff.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennmiko21
Reviewed 21 February 2014

Arrived at airport at 1:00 a.m in the morning and could not contact hotel, phone problems so I was forced to take taxi for a cost of 14.00$. When I arrived at the hotel I was told my reservation had been cancelled because I failed to arrive before 6 pm. I made the reservation on line and noted in my reservation I was arriving late, the front desk staff told me there where no room but to wait as he was going to call the manager in from home to sort out the issue. After waiting until 2:45 am someone finally arrived to sort out what was a apparent computer problem, it turned out there where rooms but I had to wait in the lobby for over 1 hour for them to figure it out. I will never use this hotel again!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank George S
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Given the terrible reviews, I was a little nervous to stay here the night before our cruise. However, I was pleasantly surprised. When we got off the plane, I called for the shuttle, the gentleman at the desk was helpful and told me where to stand and the shuttle arrived within 15mins. Our driver was pleasant and even brought my bags into the hotel for me. Yes this hotel is old and has not been renovated in recent years, but it was clean and cozy. We checked in with no problem and found our room on the second floor. There is no elevator so we did have to carry our luggage up, but given that we are in good shape, this was not an issue for us. The room was clean and adequate for a nights stay. The bathroom was really small and could benefit from an update but it served its purpose. We also had a free shuttle to the port in the morning and not to mention free Wi-Fi.

At the end of the day we got what we paid for. We wanted cheap and clean with free shuttle from the airport and the cruise port and that’s what we got. After staying here, I realize that some of these negative reviews are over exaggerated and ridiculous. To echo another person's review of this hotel and the negative comments it has received, "you can't go to McDonalds, expect caviar and complain that it didn't meet your expectations afterwards". Seriously people, its $100/night in Miami... what do you expect. If you want frills, I suggest you open your wallet a little wider. If you are just looking for a decent place to stay for a night, then this place is fine. As for the comments that staff are unfriendly, we didn't have the same experience, but then again the way you treat people is often reflected back at you. I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: choose the first floor if you cannot carry your luggage up a flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Noreen F,
Thank you very much for the helpful review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Runway Inn. Reviews like yours are very helpful to our potential guests. You described exactly what we have to offer. Free shuttle service to and from the airport, as well as to the port if you are going on a cruise. I am very happy to hear you enjoyed your time with us, and that you would return to stay with us again. I will pass along your comments to the staff, and I am sure it will put a smile on their faces. Thank you again for taking the time to leave such a nice review, and have a great day.
Joseph Katz
Director of Customer Service
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#11 of 16 in Miami Springs
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!