“Old, poorly re-furbished motel”
Review of Runway Inn

Runway Inn
Ranked #14 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Dayton, Tennessee
“Old, poorly re-furbished motel”
Reviewed 8 April 2014

This motel was given a 3-1/2 star rating. I'm not certain how they received this as this is a very old, small rooms, uncomfortable location motel that has been re-furbished and not well maintained. The windows faced the parking lot and the air conditioning unit was very noisy.

Room Tip: Be wary of the rating
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Runway Inn, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear mary8756,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am sorry to hear about the experience you had when staying at our hotel. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. Our main objective is customer satisfaction, and it seems we did not do that in your case. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Hilliard, Ohio
Reviewed 7 April 2014

As I was only staying overnight at this hotel, it was just ok. The room was just a room. A bed, night table, tv. The bathroom left alot to be desired. I was not comfortable staying in this room. The staff was extremely helpful and lots of fun. The people I dealt with were very informative and had a sense of humor. This is a really old hotel and is located in a less than desirable location. For the price, I would stay here again, I think.

Room Tip: I did not see a restaurant or a swimming pool.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Dear Pepsi38,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that our staff was helpful, and was able to provide you with a good laugh during your stay. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 5 April 2014

I read the reviews before booking this hotel, but since it was around spring break all the other hotels were extremely pricey and we only needed a 6 hour stay before our cruise so we went with this anyway. I have to say the staff is friendly. We paid for a queen but they gave us a king. Walking into the lobby I was thinking it wasn't so bad! Then we walked upstairs and down the hallway. It seriously looked like The Shining. The carpets were filthy dirty and everything was just dingy. The rooms were not terrible but I have to say I did not have a good night sleep. I was worried bugs would crawl all over me when I slept! The door to the room wasn't very secure. We actually piled our suitcases up against the door to help secure it. We didn't have any issues with bugs or with the shower (as I read in other reviews). Overall, our experience wasn't the worst, especially for a 6 hour stay, but we wouldn't stay here again. The hotel needs major face lift-but then again if they did that then they would need to up their rates. My advice, stay in one of the other hotels that are around this one.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Pbes7
Dear Pbes7,
Thank you for posting your review of the Runway Inn on TripAdvisor. I am happy to read that our staff was kind and friendly, and that they were able to upgrade your room. We value all of our guest feedback, because it helps us learn from our mistakes, and it tells us to continue what we are doing right. I will inform our department managers of your comments, so we can take care of these issues. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Olathe, Kansas
Reviewed 25 March 2014

I would not stay here again, we had to shower with the sink running to get hot water. There are bugs flying around in the shower, the floors are nasty. There are 23 cats living in the garden area outside the hotel window. The doors are really thins so you hear everything. I called to complain about all of this once we got home because there were so many people in the lobby i didn't want to make a sean and the front desk manager Aziz hung up on me and told me there dont have any problems with there hotel. After reading the reviews they clearly do. Stay away from this place unles you want to be disappointed.

Room Tip: Stay away NASTY
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 18 March 2014

Room was very old and barely okay for one night. One might say you get what you pay for,when comparing prices to others during high season. This time our visit was noisy. Soda and ice machine 20 feet away could clearly be heard, along with others during the night. This is not a high class place. We were lucky to be on the first floor. There is no elevator to upper floors. Parking is free and there is an airport/cruise shuttle which is a money saver.

Room Tip: First floor if you have luggage. there is no elevator. Ask for a room near the back to reduce chan...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed 17 March 2014

We stayed one night before our cruise, first week of March 2014. From the beginning we questioned our choice. The hotel smelled of mildew, but we attributed it to Miami's humid climate. The floor in our room was very uneven. The closet and bathroom doors didn't close properly, but there were new tiles on the walls in the postage-sized bathroom. The closet had peeling paint and stains, and we were reluctant to put anything in it. The sheets were thin, and the bed seemed very small for a queen. The night person was helpful enough, but when we asked whether the beds were really queen-sized, as advertised, the female manager on the desk in the morning was quite abrupt. There was a constant competition for seats in the overcrowded buffet area. We wound up here because we left our booking too late. Next time we are going to make our reservations earlier - for somewhere else.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Neilius_13
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 16 March 2014

For half the price of staying at The Miami International Airport hotel, at least it's private, clean w/ working alarm, phone and internet w free breakfast. The people working here was really helpful. Thanks everyone for making it enjoyable. would come back, for sure. Nice experience and stay.

Room Tip: First floor is better. No elevator.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs

Been to Runway Inn? Share your experiences!