“Bring your own...everything”
Review of Hotel Aladdin

Hotel Aladdin
Ranked #12 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed 8 July 2013

If you are going to stay at this hotel, BYOE! Bring your own EVERYTHING! They do not provide TOWELS, COMFORTERS or an IRON. I created an account just to write a review about this ridiculous hotel. When I first booked and arrived at the hotel, I thought it was a great deal. The rooms were modern and most come with your own garage but I quickly discovered that the hotel didn't even provide the basic amenities such as towels to shower with, a comforter or some sort of heavy blanket on the bed, or an iron and ironing board. I read reviews before booking that said they did not provide enough towels but I thought maybe that was a fluke. When my husband and I checked in, there were 2 big towels but only 1 small one. I called the front desk and they told me someone would be right up...they never came. Fortunately I had a bag of clean laundry in my car with a washcloth in it. The next morning, I called down and asked for a small towel and they said all the towels were dirty and being laundered...When I came back at the end of the day, my room had not been cleaned and of course, no towels delivered. I called and they actually brought 2 up. However, the following day, although my room was cleaned, they only left 2 big towels and NO small washcloths. I called front desk and the girl said she was sorry but the washing machine had broken about 4 hours earlier and thats why they didn't have any towels. I told her I had an early morning flight and needed to shower and she just said sorry. I went down to the lobby to demand a refund which she refused. I told her that this was not a one time occurrence because I read the reviews and I had been begging for towels for all 3 days I was there. The housekeeper was finally able to steal a towel out of one of the unoccupied rooms but only after I pitched a fit.

Next item to bring...a comforter. The hotel does not provide comforters. The only thing covering my bed was a thin white sheet. We were in the process of moving so I fortunately had a comforter in my car or else we would have frozen. Again, front desk girl said it should have been a blanket but I dont believe her. Just like she lied about the washing machine just breaking, she lied about the "missing" comforter.

Like another reviewer said, if they were low on money when building this hotel, they should have left out the Bose speakers, recessed lighting and rain shower head and instead opted for towels and comforters on the bed. Oh, and an iron would be nice too.

Room Tip: Suites have private garages...but no towels so STAY AWAY
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Brittene W

Reviewed 11 June 2013

My husband is an architect, when we opened the door we were surprised. He loves this hotel . its interior design is awesome ,I've never seen the similar one even at expensive hotels in the USA.
its so clean, and modern, every thing is so great, I have lots of experiences in different hotels, absolutely I would book it again and I would recommend it to all my friends.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We booked this hotel 20 mins before arrival, needed a sleep before going to the airport. The rooms are very modern, and the bathroom is gorgeous. However the receptionist wasn't very welcoming, she sent us to the wrong building first, and when the key from the room didn't work she didn't come herself, but told us to come. They have also have a free welcoming drink, and extremely cheap beer in a minibar - 3 for 10 bucks. But my friend saw a cockroach in the room. So if you're looking for a night to spend before going to the airport - it's pretty good! For longer - probably not.

Room Tip: Second building, room 314 - absolutely no noise from the airport.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank jacckie
Reviewed 13 March 2013

Initial room ok until about an hour on when we noticed bugs climbing out of the sink and into our bag.also noticed them over our bed. Asked to be moved rooms which we did with no hassle.arrived at new room very creepy have to walk through dark garage with no light. Got in and a mirror on the ceiling (really should have read reviews) glass shower no privacy a laughable experience a story to tell but will not be returning close to airport definitely don't stay if you have kids. Did I mention there was two different types of bugs!

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank Mackay88
Reviewed 5 March 2013

This was a wierd experience, both good and bad...

First, the girl behind the desk asks me for my passport. I'm now guessing they don't have many Americans staying at this hotel. Then she won't check me in because their internal reservation number didn't match the reservation number from the web portal I used. I had to wait for 20 minutes for a manager to come and tell her it was OK.

So I get my room assignment and am told to park in that room's garage. Yes, each room on the ground floor (actually 2nd floor) has its own garage with its own electric garage door. You enter the room via a RF ID card from the garage.

So I open the door and it is completely dark. I see a glowing light on the wall and try pressing it. Nothing. I finally put the RF id card to it and all the lights come on. So I proceed up the stairs to the room (there is nothing downstairs except the garage door entrance). About halfway up, the lights go out. Complete darkness (the room has no exterior windows ecxept for a frosted mini window in the bathroom). I fumble up the steps with my luggage and am lucky I didn't kill myself.

Anyway, I used a flashlight I carry to go back downstairs and reactivate the lights. Again they go out almost immediately. It took me a while to figure out you had to keep the RF id room key in the slot behind the light switch reader. IT WOULD HAVE BEEN NICE IF THEY HAD TOLD ME THAT FIRST!

The room is beautiful. Artwork, sculptures, furnishings, color, etc... The toilet is behind a swinging glass door as is the shower (huge walk in shower with the spout directly overhead, not on the wall). No privacy there. Anyone in the room can see into the toilet and shower. Looks great and if that isn't an issue, fine.

Then I notice some odd things...
-No hand towels or wash rags. Only two shower towels.
-No blanket/comforter on the bed, just a fitted sheet and bottom sheet.
-No closet or ANY PLACE to hang clothes.
-No place to set luggage except on the floor.
-No soap dish in the shower, IE no place to put the soap except on the lip just above the ground.
-The TV is a 23" computer monitor with a tuner. There is a Bose sound system, but the TV sound wouldn't come out of it, so I could never hear the TV.

While I was waiting at check-in, three others had inquired about no blanket and small towels. She told them they were out, so I didn't bother even asking for them.

Lastly, at checkout, they told me I would have to wait 5 - 10 minutes while they checked the room to ensure I had not used the mini-bar. That was very aggravating. Having not used anything, I just walked out despite their protest.

Overall a negative experience with a few nice amenities but missing some key basics.

Room Tip: Get a room with a garage. Check the room immediately for all the necessities.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JEFFREY K
Reviewed 26 February 2013

I booked a few nights at this place because it was close to the airport. After seeing a few bad reviews, I was trying to keep an open mind.

Big mistake. It sucks. Your room key is 'reset' and doesn't work about 10 minutes after you leave. So every time we went out and came back, we had to go to the front desk and have the thing re-activated. So inconvenient since our room was around the other side of the building.

You also have to buzz out in order to get your vehicle in or out. So if you're in a rush to leave or return, you have to sit there in your car waiting for the barricade to open!

And the power goes off unless your room key is in. So the fridge doesnt work unless youre in the room hahaha.

The chick at front desk was not the most pleasant, I think mentally a little... slow.

The room was fancy looking (glass showers, mirrored ceiling), but lacks basic amenities: no closet, no hair dryer... Clearly this is meant for people who need an hour or two to do naughty things.

DO NOT RECOMMEND.

Room Tip: Don't book ANY room. Leave!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ganssle G
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I had booked my wife and friend a room via Priceline for this hotel, which was rated as a 3star the the Priceline site. What I didn't know was that it really was more of a "couples" playground. When my wife and friend hesitantly went in, they asked if they could see a room (it was afternoon) and their room was not ready. When telling the clerk that they were uncomfortable with the surroundings and would like to cancel their reservation, they were denied a refund. I contacted Priceline, which tried to help on our behalf (as I felt the hotel was misrepresented on their site), but again was denied by the Alladin management. Very disappointing.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends