“Great Cuban Food”
Review of Airport Diner - CLOSED

Airport Diner
Cuisines: Greek
Description: Nice, affordable and friendly place to eat near the airport. Close to Day's Inn; Runway Inn
Chicago, Illinois
“Great Cuban Food”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

This place was recommended to us by the hotel valet. This is a very nice family run restaurant/storefront restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was top notch. We will be back

Visited April 2014

Kelowna, Canada
“One of the few close to the hotel”
Reviewed 20 January 2014

We ordered a Spinach Pie and Greek Salad and also a Donair with fries. Not bad for a small diner. The spinach pie was home made and quite tasty. The donair meat was not done on a rotisserie but sliced and cooked on a grill but the flavour was good. Service was excellent. Price reasonable.

• Visited January 2014
Oceanside, California
“Terrific service!”
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We made an airport/seaport run for friends who were in town only for a few hours. We gave them a choice of breakfast either here or for deli. The proximity to the airport was too much to overlook, and so we had breakfast here. I was disappointed to find out that the blueberry pancakes were regular pancakes with blueberry sauce so, we chose regular pancakes with a couple of eggs and bacon. Our friends had pancakes and my husband had the Greek omelette.

The coffee was really good, the service was spectacular and the breakfast … well, this time is was about the company and not so much the food. I found the pancakes heavy and in need of a few more seconds on the grill, but other than that, we sat and talked and no one rushed us.

It was fine. We had all we could wish for with great service and a clean table in a quiet place near the airport.

• Visited December 2013
Austin
“Good diner close to airport”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

Nice dining option for breakfast and lunch.
More like 3.5 than 4 but still a good choice
in this neighborhood. My recommendation
would be the Greek dishes.

• Visited December 2013
Miami Springs, Florida
“Attitude Adjustment”
Reviewed 15 December 2012

My name is Mr. Mateu, I own a small bus company, with a 500% customer satisfaction rating. As a regular customer at this dinner, always for breakfast, $10 a pop, close to $300 a month, I was having breakfast this morning, my phone rang, and it was a gentleman inquiring about my mini-motorhome for sale that was parked outside. I was finishing up, and I told this friendly, good nature cuban girl, that I was going outside with the coffee mug, and i was coming back to order some food to go and settle the bill. When I returned, a slim, dark hair, hard face, no smile, ridiculed me in front of the patrons, and said not to ever do that again, and that she didn't want me doing business in her parking lot, and that she needed the space for her customers, what came out of her mouth was degrading, of poor taste, that at my age of 60, I have never heard an owner of a business ridicule a customer with a full restaurant. I answered back to her, that I really appreciated her concerns, but also that I would post this, so next time she would probably won't do this to another customer, after i drove off, I felt light headed, but i composed myself, thinking i was going to get an embolism. I realized afterwards that considering her looks, and maybe her age late 40's to 50, maybe she was going through her menopause. The food is great, but if you get upset after eating, it could kill you, so I rather live, and eat average food in a welcoming atmosphere, so make a visit to this place, at least once, and see for yourself and ask yourself, "Does she need attitude adjustment?, maybe she should sell the place, and become a prison guard in a hard core male institution. Case closed

• Visited December 2012