“Perfect for Pre-Cruise” 4 of 5 bubbles

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in Miami Springs
“Perfect for Pre-Cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

Our family of five stayed in this hotel the night before our cruise. It was a perfect option for us, especially since the room rate included shuttle service from the airport and to the port the next day, as well as a continental breakfast. While it wasn't outstanding in any particular way, we found it offered a good value for money. We also found the hotel to be inviting in its appearance, the room to be comfortable, and the continental breakfast to be satisfying. In terms of location, we had a few hours in the morning before our shuttle to the port and explored the area on foot. We found a lovely park nearby, as well as some convenience and liquor stores within walking distance. There was also a nice pool area to enjoy. I would stay here again.

1 Thank cruzinmama
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear cruzinmama,
Thank you for posting a review about the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. It is always nice to read about our guests being able to take advantage of the complimentary airport and Port of Miami shuttle services. I am glad you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast as well, and that your family was able to enjoy some time at our relaxing pool underneath the South Florida sun. Thank you again for your review, and it would be our pleasure to have you back as our guest sometime in the future.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (169)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lacrosse, wi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Our group had four rooms. All were very clean. Staff was friendly and helpful. Small but nice pool area. Standard continental breakfast. Would definitely stay here again. Especially loved the bright airy feel of the lobby. Perfect pre cruise hotel.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Lgerbig3152
Dear Lgerbig3152,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor briefly describing your time with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am happy to hear that our staff was friendly to you and that they were able to assist you while at the hotel. Our housekeeping staff works hard every day to keep the hotel looking clean, from the lobby to the guest rooms. I am glad that you were able to enjoy the complimentary breakfast as well. Thank you again for the review, and we would be very happy to have you stay with us again in the future.
Halifax, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

After being storm stayed in Miami we had a wonderful time @The Comfort Suites .We enjoyed the friendly/ professional staff , service & had no issues with the hotel itself. It was very clean and the customer service was excellent.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Dear Myles M,
Thank you very much for leaving a review of your time with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am glad to hear we were able to accommodate you while the weather up north was too tough to fly into. I am extremely happy to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and professional. Our guest’s first impressions of our hotel are our front desk staff, and it is their job to make all of our guests feel warm and welcome at the hotel. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our staff and remind them to keep up their good work. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to leave this review.
Portland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 February 2014

Lots of families choose this location due to the free shuttle from airport and to cruise line. It is a busy property with much traffic. We were part of a party of 20, and booked there before and after our cruise.

First of all, everyone working there was very helpful and professional. They worked to resolve our immediate problems- no one was rude. However I would not ever stay here again- I had a terrible experience with cleanliness and another member of our party had a soaking wet floor.

The first night we stayed another member of our party was having problems with water on the floor. There was obviously leak, but they were told there were no more rooms to move them to. By morning when you walked in that area- making up the entire hallway by the sitting area of the room, water visibly came up around the sides of your shoes. It took me dragging someone up there for them to understand that they actually wanted to pay attention to this.

The worst thing was, around midnight, when I pulled the sheets back to get in bed. Thankfully I looked, as around the foot of the bed was large splotches of blood. Not stains on the sheet, but fresh. I took a picture and brought it down to a stunned front desk staff. At first they tried to hand me sheets- but then they sent someone else up to change everything- the blood had soaked into other layers. Clearly a dirty bed had been made up to look clean. I wanted to throw up, really.

The room in general was scuzzy- with toothpaste flecks on bathroom wall and a general feeling of dinge. Hallway carpets were filthy. The entire property needed a scrub down- you could tell they were just too busy for that to happen.

I spoke with the manager, who offered a very small discount, and explained we have 6 rooms booked in 4 days which we were not able to change at this point (not my choice). He offered an upgrade, said he would speak to someone about it and find out and put a note in our record. I would think, given the issues with two rooms and knowing you were dealing with someone booking 6 rooms in the future, you would at least comp one room or whatnot. I told him all I wanted was a clean room. He said he would put a note so that they could be sure it was clean coming back.

When we came back days later there was no note in the system. I let the manager know that I wanted to be sure the room was clean, as we had a bad experience before. They assured me it would be.

Well, it was not. Upon walking in you could see visible junk around the edge of the carpet- there was a toenail sitting on the carpet between the beds and smears on surfaces. Oh man. The maid who came up and re-cleaned our room was great and very apologetic. At one point she pulled a chair back and you could hear the vacuum going to town on all sorts of debris. My sister came in and helped her, removing the black dust from the headboard and making sure everything was ok (at this point I was pretty disturbed...I admit freely to being the kind of person who does not do well in a dirty room- and usually stays at nicer properties that have a visibly clean look). The only thing left in the room that was icky after they cleaned was a white substance splotch on the bed skirt (I am serious). I covered it with a clean extra sheet and counted the minuted until we could leave in the morning.

My standards are high, but twice this property dipped well below the acceptable mark.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Jennifer G
Zeeland, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Comfort Suites was great. We had no issues with the hotel itself. It was very clean and the customer service was excellent. We were staying there for 1 night and leaving for a cruise the next day, then upon our return we were staying another 3 nights at Comfort Suites. We thought it sounded great that they offered free shuttle service to the cruise port. KSA shuttle service takes you to the port (not comfort suites) for free, and you prepay for them to pick you up when you get off your cruise. They say that they have a shuttle going through every 30 minutes to pick up people, "just put the sticker on your chest so we know you need us to pick you up"...Getting there was not a problem. Getting picked up, was...We along with a bunch of other pre-paid KSA customers sat on the curb for over an hour and 1/2 waiting for a shuttle. We only saw 1 shuttle and when we approached him he said he was going to Fort Lauderdale. The tension was growing in the crowd so I called the 2 phone numbers listed on the receipt they gave us when we PRE-PAID. The first number was no longer in service and the 2nd number voicemail had not been set up. People were taking taxis because they were going to miss flights. I called comfort suites and they put me through to their disbatch who said that shuttles were on their way...Finally a shuttle 15 passenger van shows up for the 50 of us that had been waiting and he says he is not there to pick us up that he doesn't know where he is suppose to be going. I approached him kindly and asked if he could please take us back to CS. After making some phone calls he decided to take my family of 9 and another family of 5. I thought the rest of the people in the crowd were going to mall the van...they were pissed. My point to this is JUST TAKE A TAXI....IT IS NOT WORTH THE WAIT OR HASSEL AFTER YOU GET OFF YOUR CRUISE. THE SAVINGS OF KSA ENDED UP ONLY BEING ABOUT $20 TOTAL.

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank upnorth247
Dear upnorth247,
Thank you very much for the review that you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am very happy to hear that you received excellent customer service and that you found our hotel to be nice and accommodating. It is nice to hear that you were able to make use of our complimentary shuttle to the port for your cruise. It is a shame to hear about what happened to your party as well as others on the return trip. I will be sure to speak with the shuttle coordinator who works at our hotel about this mishap. This should never happen, especially if you pre paid for that service. Thank you again for the review, and it would be our pleasure to have you back as guest at our hotel in the future.
Edmonton, Alberta, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014 via mobile

We were with a group of 40+ people stayed here before and after our cruise. Hotel is very close to the airport. Hotel only had a van for the airport pickup, not 2 as claimed by the manager. The driver had to make 3 trips to bring us all back to the hotel. The driver is very pleasant to deal with as he explained a few useful tips for us around the area. The check in was very quick and efficient and friendly. I think the first room was not that clean(very dusty) because I was sneezing like crazy since I must have been very sensitive to dust lately. I did not have this problem when I stayed at different room(317) on our back from the cruise. Overall we were very happy with the hotel. The buffet breakfast was good too.

• Stayed January 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Calvin T,
Thank you very much for the review posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. Your review is extremely helpful to us, as it tells about a few areas that we can improve in. I am glad to hear that our driver was friendly and helpful upon your arrival to Miami. I am also happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary breakfast that we offer to all of our guests. This is just one of the many amenities we have to offer at our hotel. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to see you again soon.
Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel because it offered free airport and cruise terminal shuttle service. Remember to meet the shuttle van on level 2 of the airport. We arrived around 9 pm so we couldn't try some restaurants that locals patronize but we did manage to eat at a nearby hotel before it closed. The hotel's service was great right from the friendly, informative driver to the reception attendants. The room and bed were comfy and roomy. Free breakfast was appreciated in the morning before we were organized to leave for our shuttle to the terminal. It was a pleasant way to begin our Azamara cruise. We would definitely stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Brenda W
Dear Brenda W,
Thank you for the glowing review you left about the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. It brings a smile to my face when reading reviews such as yours. We have all of our complimentary amenities in place for our customers to take advantage of, and it seems you did just that! It is unfortunate you arrived a little bit late and you were not able to enjoy some of the dining locations nearby the hotel. I am glad to hear though, that the shuttle was well received, and that you found your accommodations to be comfortable. I thank you again for the review, and it would be our pleasure to have you back with us.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables
EB Hotel Miami Airport
#1 of 13 in Miami Springs
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,088 reviews

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!