“Clean, Reasonably Priced, Friendly Staff.”

Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Ranked #3 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed for one night this past April prior to a DCL Cruise out of Miami on the advice of my brother-in-law. The hotel is actually located on a residential sidestreet right behind the MIA airport and if you dont have a GPS or printed directions I imagine it would be easy to miss. So if your looking for a great view of the harbor this is not the place for you. Our group had about 21 people in probably 9 ro 10 rooms, but everything went smoothly at check-in. There is a free shuttle to the port of Miami, but be sure to sign up for it at check-in as the list fills up quickly. At about 4:00 PM we were still able to get a 10:45 shuttle. We made one stop at a remote parking lot to pick up other cruise passengers and were at the port by about 11:15,

Our rooms were clean and comfortable. I can't comment about nearby restaurants as we drove to South Beach for dinner. I can say by the time we got back, the parking lot was packed and difficult to find a space. There is a full service bar in the evenings and our daughters and nephew found the bartender to be much better company than their parents.

If you want a clean, comfortable, reasonably priced room with a friendly staff and a free breakfast, this could be the place for you.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Dear Rob0519,
Thank you very much for posting your review on TripAdvisor of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am very happy that we were able to live up to the expectations from your brother-in-law. We pride ourselves on our customer service, and I am glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and helpful. It is great to hear that you were able to take advantage of the free shuttle we offer to go to the Port of Miami for your cruise. I am sorry that our bar took your children away from you, as it is a nice little area to kick back and relax in the midst of a vacation. Thank you again for your kind words, and we hope to have you back with us in the future.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel last August for a night and it was great, but wanted to share my latest interaction with them, I made another reservation for this coming August for our pre cruise, I had a problem with my reservation and wanted to re book the reservation but I had booked under a no cancellation rate, Mr. Joseph Katz stepped in and handled the change to my reservation without a problem, I appreciate all he has done, you wont; find a hotel with better service then this one, for the price you pay, you get shuttle from the airport to the hotel, breakfast in the morning, shuttle to the port, and free Wifi, Looking forward to our second visit in August, would not stay anywhere else

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank matfel44

Dear matfel44,
Thank you so much for posting your review of our hotel, Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. We really appreciate when our guests recognize the lengths we go to, to provide excellent customer service. Our goal is to make guests visits to our hotel as enjoyable as possible, and if that means going the extra mile, then we will do that. I personally would like to thank you for your kind words, and on behalf of the hotel staff and management, we look forward to your stay with us in August.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

“Convenient, Clean, Comfortable” I agree with other reviewers. The shuttle from the airport and to the piers. Wifi, breakfast the next morning, friendly, helpful staff. A sports bar type of restaurant is nearby that offers good dining options, not just bar food. What more can you ask for?

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Valerie R,
Thank you for posting a review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am happy to hear that you were able to make use of the complimentary shuttles we have to offer all of our guests. Along with the complimentary shuttle services, we also offer a free breakfast and free WiFi capabilities to all guests of the hotel. These amenities are in place for our guests to have a more enjoyable stay. Thank you again for the review, and have a great day!

Reviewed 14 June 2014

We stayed in two rooms before our NCL cruise, based on the good TA reviews, and are pleased to report that we share the positive views of the reviewers. This hotel is tucked away in a little neighborhood and is easy to miss. We caught the shuttle from the airport. Make sure you get your bags from the baggage claim and make your way to the 2nd floor departures, make note of the door # you came out of and then call the hotel for a ride. Also make sure you confirm with the shuttle driver that you are going to "Comfort Suites Airport North on Minola Drive" because there are several CSs in the area. After the quick 7-minute ride to the hotel we had a quick check-in, got instructions about the hotel amenities and breakfast and scheduled our free shuttle to the pier the next morning.
As for location, it's not an area I would walk around after dark, and our room 505 faced the backyards of neighboring houses but the hotel was very safe and comfortable. There was a Valero gas station next door that had travel-sized sundries and cold drinks.
About the room, it has large refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv, modern dark wood ambiance, generous closet. There is a sitting area with sofa and coffee table to entertain or read. The bed was one of the best hotel beds I've slept in; comfortable, firm, yet plush.
There were plenty of food delivery flyers from neighboring restaurants when we got to the room. We ordered delicious room service (delivery) from Ping Palace. The food arrived at our room door exactly on time, at the 1 hour estimate we received via phone. It was delicious, I will post a detailed review on their restaurant page.
Breakfast was served from 6-10AM. Self-made waffles, egg patties, sausage gravy & biscuits, yogurt, hard-boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, pastries, juices, coffee all complimentary with your stay. The hotel hallways were short and elevators were located conveniently in the middle of the floor, along with ice maker. Easy access to rooms via key card. Pleasant front desk staff and beautiful lobby/breakfast area. There was a small area behind the front desk to purchase snacks. The outdoor pool is located in a courtyard, between two buildings so it was intimate, private, and safe. A small gym is near the front entrance with three machines and free weights. I was pleasantly surprised by the hotel and my stay. I would stay here again as well as recommend to others.

Room Tip: Some rooms face neighborhood backyards, suggest pool or alternate view instead.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim_F_CA

Dear Kim_F_CA,
Thank you so much for the descriptive and helpful review you posted of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. We are always happy when we are able to meet or exceed guests expectations of our hotel. All of our staff members take such pride in keeping the hotel looking as it did on opening day. I am very happy to read that you were able to take full advantage of the amenities we had to offer during the course of your stay. Your review will prove to be a very helpful one for our potential customers. Again, on behalf of the entire staff and management of the hotel, I thank you for taking the time to post this review.

Reviewed 12 June 2014

My husband and I stayed here the night before our Carnival Cruise as well as one night after we returned from our cruise. We chose this hotel as my husband is part of the rewards program through his job.

The hotel is clean, close to the airport, has a good breakfast included with your stay and polite, courteous employees. The rooms are spacious for a hotel and the bed is comfortable with plenty of extra pillows and blankets. Despite being so close to the airport we had no trouble with noise from planes taking off and landing.

Other than a small mix up with our shuttle from the airport to the hotel I was happy with our stay here, and I would recommend this place to others.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AusTaryn
JosephKatz, Guest Relations Manager at Comfort Suites Miami Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear AusTaryn,
Thank you for posting your review of the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read that you and your husband enjoyed your time at our hotel. We are always glad when our guests are able to take full advantage of the complimentary amenities we have to offer. I am sorry to hear about the hiccup at the airport, but glad that you were also able to take the shuttle to your cruise, as well as enjoy our free, daily breakfast for our guests. I am also delighted to hear that you found our rooms to be nice, spacious, and most importantly, comfortable. Thank you again for your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We went to this hotel for one night to catch our next flight the day after.
The hotel is very close to the airport, but heared no plains (in side).
We were very surprised bij the quality of the beds !
Breakfast was nothing special (typical american) but you could make your own wafels if you liked.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Pieg,
Thank you very much for the nice review you posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed your accommodations and that you found the bed to be very comfortable. I am also happy to read that you were able to enjoy our complimentary breakfast, which is an amenity we provide to all of our guests. Thank you again for your review, and we hope to have you stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

I chose this hotel based on it being close to the port & it had a port shuttle. I met my sister & her 2 daughters the day before the cruise. We found the roads around the hotel to be very confusing (even with a GPS) and the abondoned motel next door was very sketchy. We actually had to park in their parking lot and was nervous about leaving our cars there & hoped we did not have to be out at night. The staff was very friendly, however, when we told them we were headed out to Chili's restaurant they did not give us the heads up that it was inside the airport! We ended up at Juniors burgers which was wonderful but I would probably not stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Taprocker

Dear Taprocker,
Thank you for posting your review of your time at the Comfort Suites Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you found our front desk staff to be friendly. Your comments are very important to us, and we value all guest feedback. I will be sure to pass along your comments to the necessary department so we can take care of these issues. I am sorry that you did not have a great experience with us, and I hope we can make it up to you one day. Thank you again for taking the time to post this review.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
La Quinta Inn & Suites Miami Airport East
Holiday Inn Express Miami Airport Central-Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Embassy Suites by Hilton Miami - International Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Miami Airport West

Been to Comfort Suites Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!