“Amazing new hotel!”

Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Ranked #2 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I stayed at this hotel for the night last night. We were extremely pleased with every aspect of this hotel. There was plenty of parking, even though they were busy. The front desk attendants were very friendly and helpful. When we got into our room we were exceedingly pleased by the accommodations! The bathroom was big and clean. The fixtures and furniture were all new and beautiful! And the bed! It was probably the most comfortable mattress I've ever slept on. We didn't want to leave. We will definitely stay at this property any time we are in this area again!

• Stayed: August 2014
3  Thank Kwjolene
Miami_Airport_North, Guest Relations Manager at Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2015

Fabulous! We are always happy when a guest is satisfied! We will see you during your next visit! Thank You!

There are newer reviews for Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

Stopped in Miami to see some friends everything was either booked or overpriced. Found this hotel on trip advisor and I couldn't have been more pleased. First the hotel is extremely clean!!! The front desk staff was amazing!! Very friendly and polite, everyone had a smile and seemed excited to help. Check in was easy, then the room.. The room was a standard room with the best bed I've ever slept on in a hotel!!! I was also surprised how quite the room was even with the hotel being packed! In the morning the complimentary breakfast was great. The food was actually HOT AND GOOD!!! Not like other hotel breakfasts. Everything was great about this hotel, I wish I could find more hotels like this when I travel!!!!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Lovemykimber

We are very glad that you chose to stay with us! We are looking forward to seeing you in the future!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husbands and kids stayed at this hotel for one night before our cruise. The hotel has new fresh rooms and an in door pool. We met marvelous people at the front desk. Our stay was short but amazing before the cruise. At check in they inform me my reservation was pre paid and let us know about the hold they place on your card for extras which worked out just fine since we ate items from their sundry shop and enjoyed a movie with the whole family in our room. If I return to this area, I will choose this hotel!

Room Tip: an indoor pool that can accommodate people at night!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Rocio G

Terrific! Glad your family enjoyed their visit and our indoor pool! Do come again when you are in our area!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

Great location for flying in and out of MIA. PROS: Close to numerous restaurants, businesses and short drive to Dolphin Mall. CONS: This new hotel has a very weak HVAC unit so expect your room to be cold and damp. High humidity in this hotel makes it difficult to get a good nights rest. Very weak "free" WIFI signal- was worthless about 75% of the time. Random automated wake up calls--even if you never requested one--will call you in the middle of the night! Front desk is aware of this problem and they are "working on it". Room lighting is very dark. We found difficult to read or do any work at the desk. Housekeeping is painfully inadequate. Garbage was not emptied, trash and plates from breakfast left behind in the room. They took our washcloths and never replaced them--all not a big deal but annoying and unacceptable for this well-known chain. Additionally they will charge your credit card a $50 DEPOSIT FOR EVERY NIGHT-regardless if you pay by credit card. I have NEVER run into this before-even at other Best Westerns! Bottom line is I probably wont be returning to this hotel in the near future. They have a lot of issues to work out as a new hotel and I as the customer should not be expected to tolerate this especially when there are many alternatives in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
8  Thank NWC07
Miami_Airport_North, General Manager at Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2015

It's almost been a year since your visit and I want to assure you that our team has worked out the issues you experienced during your stay. I regret to see that your stay did not meet your expectations and I do invite you back. Thank you for your feedback. We do hope that you give us another try in the future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed here 2 times and both times the help was amazing. Sarah assisted us with a shuttle to the port prior to our cruise. The price for transportation was great as well as the professionalism of the driver. After our cruise we booked an additional night here. The staff was different but consistently professional knowledgeable and friendly. Our room was clean and comfortable and breakfast was satisfying.

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Lisa B

Your review makes us extremely happy! Thank you for confirming that our staff are staying in tip top shape! See you again soon!

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Nice place love the design surprise next to a golf course but lots of warehouse and 10 minutes to the airport. Only issues is the pool are the water was cold and my kids was not at all happy with it and see the ceiling paint peeling off and dust hitting the pool area, but the hotel is new and what I understand just a few month old. Don't think will return the that location again and plus was surprise that I had to pay a $50.00 charge extra and ask that something new and was told only this location.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Gil S
Miami_Airport_North, General Manager at Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hi Gil S,
Thank you for taking the time out to review our hotel. Please accept our sincere apologies for not meeting your expectations.
We are a brand new hotel. There are some minor design flaws that are coming out as the hotel has become operational, the pool ceiling being one. The pool structure was added on after the main building was built. The recent torrential rains has exposed a problem area in one of the exhaust vents. This resulted in the paint peeling and dust. I am sorry it happened during your stay.. We are in the process of fixing the problem.
As you know our pool is indoor and it has been extremely challenging in making sure the temp is right for all of our guests.The pool drops temp when it is used extensively and it takes a little bit for the pool heater to catch up. We do follow industry standards in setting the temp. It is set for 84 degrees. I will review with our contractor to see if their are ways to make sure the temp differential isn't as significant when it is used extensively.
I cannot comment on the cab ride experience as I do not know the specifics. The city of Miami has standard operating procedure when it comes to cab fares and strongly encourages patrons to let them know when cab drivers do not adhere to the policy. I will be more than happy to look into it if you can send me some specifics. Our email is operations@bwpmia.com.

Your review will help us improve our service. If you reconsider staying with us again, I am sure we can offer you a better service.

Please, do not hesitate to contact me or any member of our staff for anything you might need.

Sincerely
Jean Ajayakumar

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Be sure to check for shuttle service before booking here at this location. We had to wait an additional 30 minutes for a taxi because the driver only worked we guest an 8 hour shift, no driver after 6pm for the shuttle service. Also the shuttle driver starts at 8am. So if you need shuttle service before then, you need to schedule a taxi.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
2  Thank T5255ZSrobertw

HI T5255ZSrobertw,

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel and express your thoughts and concerns. We are very happy that you had pleasant experience. I was disappointed to read that you had a poor experience when you used the hotel shuttle upon arrival. We are looking for ways to improve the service. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. On a side note when the shuttle is not in service we do pay for cabs; to and from Miami International Airport.

Thank you again. We hope to have an opportunity to serve you soon.

Jean Ajayakumar

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon
EB Hotel Miami Airport
EB Hotel Miami Airport
#1 of 16 in Miami Springs
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Clarion Inn & Suites Miami Airp...
#10 of 16 in Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Miami International Airport Hotel

Been to Best Western Plus Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites? Share your experiences!