“Luxury before the cruise”

EB Hotel Miami Airport
Ranked #1 of 16 Hotels in Miami Springs
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Large modern rooms, an unbelievable peek-a-boo shower, and well appointed, the EB Hotel was an unexpected delight before our transatlantic cruise. Only downside was aircraft noise due to proximity to airport. It didn't stop a good night's rest.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
EB_Hotel_Miami, Manager at EB Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2014

Dear Mr. Tom G,

Thank you for sharing with the Tripadvisor community your experience at EB Hotel Miami.

We are delighted to read that we were an unexpected delight before your cruise and that you truly enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate your comments and hope we can host you again in your next visit to Miami.

EB Hotel Miami

Write a ReviewReviews (1,416)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

I have to hand it to EB Hotel, they really have some great rooms. I stayed in a regular room with a king sized bed. It had a separate area with a nice couch and desk available for business professionals.

What I enjoyed the most about the rooms though were the bathrooms. The showers are fully equipped with multiple shower heads including a rainfall shower head. The toilet is separated from the shower and vanity area by a glass door. Since this is a Euro style hotel, you will have the pleasure of taking advantage of a bidet (why doesn't the US embrace this idea?).

Your room will include a mini bar. Be careful though. Simply picking up an item to inspect it will trigger a sensor that will bill you for the item. Note, this can be corrected later at the front desk.

Beds are pretty comfortable, although I've slept better. I honestly wasn't a huge fan of the adjustable beds. It felt kind of strange since it had an air pouch that could be filled to increase firmness. It's kind of like sleeping on a fancy airbed. I would rather have just slept on a really nice plush bed.

I did check out the pool area during my stay, and it was kind of a mess. Was it even open? I thought it was, but it's kind of hard to tell when there's pool maintenance equipment lying around and patio furniture is sprawled everywhere thanks to the strong Miami winds. There was really nothing happening here for a reason.

Also, don't come here expecting a great view or anything because you're not going to find it. My view was an empty parking lot. Keep in mind this is more of an airport hotel than anything. If you want a view, you really need to be downtown.

I did use the shuttle service and the hotel's cab service at various times. The drivers were super friendly, and I appreciated that. Unfortunately, the shuttle did take a little while to reach me at the airport. It ended up being easier to just get a cab most of my trip. I found the quick $14 cab trip to and from the MIA Metrorail well worth it. If you wish to use the shuttle option, I'm sure it would be useful to many, but just make sure you know the scheduled arrival departure times ahead of time so you can plan accordingly.

My biggest complaint about this hotel, and the main reason I'm not even giving four stars in this review, is the fact that the hotel's communications aren't that great. After my stay, I tried calling the hotel multiple times throughout the next month to settle an issue I was having with a hold for incidentals on my credit card. Every time I called, I would get a busy tone and would be disconnected. I also sent some emails. The first was returned, but the latter two were not - even days later.

Overall, EB Hotel Miami makes a comfortable stay near the airport, and for many travelers, that might just be all that matters. I will say I was disappointed to say the least in the hotel's communications. On future returns to Miami, I would most likely not stay here again since the communications were lacking, and I really value a great view along with being near all the action, something this hotel simply does not have due to its location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank itsscottbetch

Dear Mr. Scott P,

We are sorry to read that you had an issue with one of your emails not being responded in a timely manner. We would like to look into it so we can correct any communication failure we might have, but we need a little bit more information regarding the sender's email address.

If it's possible, kindly send us an email to miamisocial@ebhotels.com with your full name so we can track the issue and also double check that everything is OK with your CC authorization release.

Thanks for your feedback and hope you give us a second chance to show you the 5 star service we can deliver.

Reviewed 23 April 2014

We had a overnight layover during our return home. My wife found this place online. This place is only 8 months old and beautiful. The rooms are spacious and beautiful. This is 5 star quality. There is not much to do near the hotel and your about a 30 minute drive to South Beach.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
EB_Hotel_Miami, Manager at EB Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Dear Turbostang,

We are delighted to read that you consider us 5 star quality and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We appreciate such kind comments and hope we can host you again soon,

Reviewed 22 April 2014

great hotel! awesome room and showers! soundproof too. That is key being so close to the airport. Dinner was ok. I've had worse, and I've had much better. They still don't understand even though someone else complained and Mari Martin, the mgr addressed it, that the chicken entree gets a total of three sides because it already comes with one and all entrees come with two. I had to convince the wait staff that he needed to still bring me another side. So training should be improved in the restaurant. Oh, and the key lime pie was actually cheesecake. Much unhealthier.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms. Elissa S.

We are happy to read that you had an awesome night with us, however we are sorry to read that you there was a misunderstanding with one of our dishes at the restaurant.

We had indeed one comment in the past regarding the grilled chicken dish and we confirmed that it comes with 3 sides total, the veggies and two others chosen when ordering.

We apologize for the inconvenience and please know we are taking the proper measures to avoid that situations like this happen again.

We appreciate your comments and hope we can host you again soon,

Reviewed 20 April 2014

We stayed in Miami for one night after returning from a cruise. The cruise disembarked at 8:00 a.m. and the hotel staff let us store our luggage with them until our room was ready. The rooms are huge and clean. The beds are Comfortaire beds (like a Sleep Number), and very comfortable. The bathroom is very modern. There was a glass wall between the shower and the sleeping area. We kind of freaked out until we realized the there is a screen that lowers to give privacy for the person in the bathroom. Of course this is optional for the more daring people. The room seemed like something a famous person would ask for. It even has a doorbell.
The only downside was that the control for one side of the bed was not working and it took three calls to the desk to get someone to fix it and the pool was kind of dirty. Other than that, I would definitely stay here again. It is close to the airport, a good value, and a very nice room.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the airport and you can watch planes land.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
EB_Hotel_Miami, Manager at EB Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 21 April 2014

Dear Ms. Beth P.

We are happy to read that you felt like royalty and that you would definitely come back to stay with us again in the future!

We appreciate such nice comments and hope we can host you again in your next visit to Miami,

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Mind blowing decor and an unmistakable focus on service. This has to be one of the best appointed hotels in Miami, especially so near to the airport. I failed to make arrangements for the shuttle to get me at the airport, and they refunded by taxi fare without my even having to ask. The lobby bar had my favorite rum (Appleton Special) even though I don't often find it in the US. And as for the room; if you are not impressed by the room, then you have to be actual royalty. And the bathroom was even more impressive than the bedroom.

The only thing is that I believe I got the room at a special rate, so I can't comment on affordability generally.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
EB_Hotel_Miami, Manager at EB Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2014

Dear Mr. Isa J.

We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our décor and that you had a great stay with us.

We appreciate such kind comments and hope we can host you again soon,

Reviewed 15 April 2014

From the moment the hotel shuttle picked us up until we checked out everything exceeded our expectations. The hotel shuttle is new . Clean, roomy easy to get in and out of and the driver was very friendly and neatly groomed.
Guest services were friendly and helpful, and when they discovered we were celebrating our Anniversary, upgraded us to a Deluxe Suite from a regular suite.
Attention to detail is evident everywhere.. Everything well exceeded our expectations. The room was very well appointed, and was extremely spacious.
The restroom is huge. It is glass, with 3 sections. One for the sink, one for the shower and one for the "facilities"
The shower had 2 rain shower heads, including an option for a cold rinse, and 6 body shower sprays.
There is a screen that lowers for privacy, the switch for it is located just outside the shower door. The shower products were top quality, and included cotton balls and swabs, make up remover wipes, and a shower cap. All things I did not expect and was very appreciative of.
There is a sliding door/wall room divider between the bedroom area and the living area. The bed is a sleep number bed adjustable on each side. The best hotel bed and pillows.
There was a chaise lounge sectional couch in the living area with all other expected furnishings.
We did not use the pool as it was a quick overnight stay before a cruise the next day but they had lovely lounge beds and deck furnishings. It looked like a nice place to relax on a hot afternoon.
The hotel is a quick 10 minute drive from the airport, and is about 20-25 minutes to the cruiseport. We took a cab to the port and it was about $30.00 including tip. The cabs are metered and per carload not person.
We did not eat in their restaurant. We planned to but the menu is very limited and we found it expensive for what you received (we dine regularly and do not paying for a good meal, but the perceived value was not good)
South beach is about a 20 minute drive from the hotel without traffic.
There are two fast food restaurants next door, a burger king and a Latin chicken place I can't think of the name. It was healthier fast food. chicken rice and beans, and a variety of sides. We had lunch there and were surprised by how in-expensive it was, not the best food but better than a burger and fries,and good value for the money spent.

From start to finish this Hotel knows how to serve their guests. We will return and recommend to others.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
EB_Hotel_Miami, Manager at EB Hotel Miami Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Ms. Ddnagal44,

We are delighted to read that we exceeded your expectations and that you will definitely return to stay with us again in the future.

We strive to deliver excellent service and we are glad that you felt that during your stay.

Thank you for such kind comments and hope we can host you again soon,

Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sheraton Miami Airport Hotel & Executive Meeting Center
PULLMAN Miami Airport hotel
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Embassy Suites Miami International Airport

Been to EB Hotel Miami Airport? Share your experiences!