“Front Desk was very helpful!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Days Inn Miami Airport North

Days Inn Miami Airport North
Ranked #10 of 13 Hotels in Miami Springs
New York
“Front Desk was very helpful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014

Catherine at the front desk was very helpful to me and my sister. We were there to go on a cruise and she was so helpful with things we needed to make sure our cruise was just right! Thanks Catherine!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Desiray B,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor in regards to your stay with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am so happy to read that Catherine was able to provide you with great customer service. I witness her stellar attitude at the front desk every day that she is working, and I am so happy that her hard work was recognized. I will most definitely pass along your kind words to Catherine and I am sure it will put a smile on her face. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this review.
Director.customerservices@gmail.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Finnish first
Orlando
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Very satisfy, the only thing was that there were no Wi-Fi in the whole place, do they had to give me a different room, but the safe didn't work in neither one of the room and you get charge in advance for the safe, but the charges were removed, I was just disappointed that the front clerk doubt me about the safe not working, but in general everything was good, I will go back

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 9 August 2014
Dear rosado1234,
Thank you very much for your review of the Days Inn Miami Airport North that you posted on TripAdvisor. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your overall stay with us at the hotel. I am sorry to hear about the WiFi issues as well as the charge of the safe. I am glad that our front desk was helpful and they were able to remove the charge. It makes all of us at the hotel when a guest informs us they will be returning, and we are so happy that you chose to do so. Thank you again for the review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Visited the travellers lounge and Manuel the bartender was excellent. GREAT service and clued me in to the local scene. Everyone needs to come see him! Great atmosphere, friendly locals, will recommend to everyone I see.

• Stayed August 2014
      Location
      Cleanliness
1 Thank jason c
Dear jason c,
Thank you so much for the great review you posted in regards to the Travelers Lounge located at our hotel, Days Inn Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. I am extremely happy to hear of the service that Manuel was able to provide to you as a patron of the bar. Manuel exhibits a great attitude at work every day, and I am very happy for him that someone was able to recognize his hard work. I will most definitely pass along your kind words to Manuel. Thank you again for taking the time out of your day to post this great review.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

Traveler's Lounge, located in the Days Inn Airport North, is a fantastic dive bar for cheap stiff drinks and singing your night away. The Juke box plays a great sound track when Karaoke isn't going on, and there are a couple pool tables and dart boards on the walls. Abe and Chris are awesome and made our night fantastic.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
      Location
1 Thank Agustin S
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Agustin S,
Thank you very much for the kind words you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your time with us, especially at our bar, The Travelers Lounge. It is a great place for our guests to kick back and relax in the midst of their traveling. It is great to hear that Abe and Chris were a delight, and that they were able to provide with entertainment throughout the night. Our bar does not usually get recoginition like this, and we are so happy that it finally did. I will pass along your kind words to both Abe and Chris, and I am sure it will put smiles on both of their faces. Thank you again for the review, and we hope to have you back with us in the future!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

Being in the hospitality business for twenty-five years, I live it and I love it. Today I work in various aspects of being a Hospitality Specialist and in many areas. In high demand, I meet many and I love and enjoy working with many and I love every minute of making clients and customers satisfied. I have always excelled and exceeded to not only meet the customers needs, but to go above and beyond (at Don Shulas we called this creating raving fans-imagine-what a concept). Knowledge of the true sense and meaning of customer service and satisfaction can be "taught", but it cannot be learned if it is not innate. Innate is a true passion for this field and a real authenticity of loving what you do. Creating satisfaction-knowing that not only are you making the customer happy-and this makes you sincerely happy, but you are creating more business. This is a smart asset to any hospitality establishment. Today, it is rare to find. But I am impressed!!! From the front desk staff, Jaimie, Azure (sorry if I spelled that wrong) to security, the cleaning staff and to Abe-The multi-talented artist and entertainer, amazingly entertaining his customers at the Travelers Lounge-excellent bartender... I'm saving the best for last ...keep reading. Impressed to see the pride of loving what you do was found at the Days Inn. Today I often find no smiles, no greetings, no need to make the customer happy, general managers (power hungry) who should not be in the position and it's all too often. I am always so incredibly impressed when I experience from the customers point of view-the "innate". The others, like me who truly love what they do and they are damn good at it. This is BREND at the Days Inn. How refreshing. She was a relief to sad hearts and tired souls who were on the other side of the "job". I was in need for a "me" and there she was. Brend is amazing at her job. She understands the concept of what we all know...the customer is always right. She understands the concept of creating satisfaction and excellence. She understands the concept of pleasing her guests. This is because it is innate. This is who she is and what she excels at and loves. She doesn't know my title, which could be very influential and beneficial for her. What she did know was that we had fallen on hard times from an illness, the stay at the Days Inn in Oakland Park Boulevard was horrid and a nightmare, and that we simply needed a room. To BREND it wasn't our titles-it was us ...the guest, that she went well over and exceeded- beyond to help satisfy. So refreshing!!! She helped and created good for us, touching us with humanity when so desperately needed-so rare these days. This is because Brend is authentic and an "innate".
I can say that Brend-not even knowing that it has been a time in our lives that has been so painfully difficult, not only made it softer, easier, and for the first time ok, she made us believe that there are still real authentic- hospitality customer service -guest relations experts in this field who understand what this business is all about and they love it. They love people. They love what they do. More powerful, touching lives in a much needed way and not even knowing. Then when guests like us are gone and when customers with our titles and influence see excellence, it is Brend that we will rave about. Her boss should praise her as the asset she is to him and to the Days Inn. Brend made up where others failed, making me want to rave and create raving fans for her - and ultimately creating business and a good name for her boss and for The Days Inn. And join us on Friday --Kereokee night with Abe at the Travelers Lounge!!!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Shannon R
Joseph K, Guest Relations Manager at Days Inn Miami Airport North, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Shanbeachinit,
Thank you so much for the glowing review you posted about your stay at the Days Inn Miami Airport North on TripAdvisor. Being in the hospitality industry, you must know how much this means to each and every employee that you mentioned in your review. This will not only bring a smile to all of their faces, but it has brought a huge smile to my face as well as all of the other managers and owners of our hotel. A review like yours is what makes our job so special, and it also reminds us to continue doing what we are doing. Our main objective in this business is customer satisfaction, and we preach that every day to all of our employees. I could not be happier about your review, and I will most definitely remind our employees about it every day. I am so happy that our front desk staff and other staff members have received the recognition they deserve, and that is all thanks to you. Thank you again for this review, and we hope you come back to stay with us in the future!
Vestavia Hills, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel the night before my cruise and had no problems. The day I got back from my cruise was a different story. After waiting for over and hour and a half for our prepaid transport back to the hotel from the port, which never showed, we were hot and not happy at all. I had made reservations for both of my stays 2 months prior and had confirmation numbers for both. They had no record of my last stay. I will say that Catherine at the front desk was very sweet and helpful. Although we were too early for check in she found us a room and gave it to me at a discounted rate. She also helped get me in contact with the manager of the transport company to get my money back. Now lets move on. When we get to the room it is HOT!!! The air was running so I thought maybe since we were early it had jut been turned on........and hour later it was still 91 degrees in our room. The AC unit was very dilapidated and wasn't even completely attached to the wall. I went back to Catherine and again she was very sweet and helpful. So an hour later they installed a working unit. Later that afternoon I went to the front desk to get some washcloths none were available and never got any. When I went back to the room the toilet was stopped up so I went to use the phone to call the front desk but the phone did not work. If it wasn't for Catherine I would have not rated this hotel as high as I did. The property needs to be updated because even though we got a "new" ac unit our room was not completely cooled off until the next morning!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear Jackie929,
Thank you very much for the review you posted on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am sorry to hear about the troubles you had with trying to get back to our hotel after your cruise. I am so happy though that Catherine was able to assist in any way necessary and that she was able to make your stay a pleasant one. I see every day the amazing attitude that Catherine brings to work, and she will be so happy to know that her efforts are being recognized by our guests. Thank you so much again for your review, and we look forward to your next stay with us.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived here after a 24 hour international flight, weary & jet-lagged. Check-in was really fast. Gave me a first floor room on my request, since I did not have the energy to lift a heavy bag up the stairs. Very clean room, comfortable bed, slept like a baby. Restaurant & bar on premise. Cozy stay, beyond what I expected & paid.

Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Sanjay K
Dear Sanjay K,
Thank you very much for posting a review on TripAdvisor describing your time with us at the Days Inn Miami Airport North. I am extremely happy to hear that our staff was able to make your check in process quick and easy. Traveling can be very mentally and physically draining, and we do our best to make our guests feel welcome and comfortable. I am also happy to read that our front desk was able to honor your request of a first floor room, and that you found your accommodations to be clean and comfortable. Thank you again very much for this review, and we look forward to your next stay with us!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Miami Springs
Sleep Inn at Miami International Airport
Comfort Suites Miami Airport North
Clarion Inn  & Suites Miami Airport
Ramada Miami Springs/Miami International Airport
BEST WESTERN PLUS Miami Airport North Hotel & Suites
Hampton Inn & Suites by Hilton - Miami Airport / Blue Lagoon

Been to Days Inn Miami Airport North? Share your experiences!