“Great pizza!”

Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Blue Highway is a a casual, family-friendly neighborhood restaurant specializing in traditional Neapolitan style pizza and calazones. Small plates, salads, paninis, sandwiches and desserts are served. Glueten Free options are available. A good selection of local craft beer and wine is also available. We take great pride in our culinary culture; serving the highest quality fresh, local, organic (when possible), and expertly prepared food, served with love.
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We love their pizza and that is why we gave this restaurant an "excellent" review. We have been customers of Blue Highway for a long time now and we have never been disappointed.

Pizzas are always great!!! We ALWAYS get the Sicilian even though it takes more time to bake. We love the big crust! Ingredients are always fresh. Servers are always friendly and attentive. I don't care if this establishment uses plastic ware, plates or cups. I just hope they are recycling them.

I always get a Micanopy Salad. I love it! I get the large because I love a good salad and the small is just that, too small. It is a little pricey but you get some great vegetables in it. I love the yellow carrots!

Complaints:
1. Booth tables do not fit the area they are in. Table is too far away if you sit all the way back. I have to sit all the way up on the edge of the bench to get close to the table.
2. I like the fact that the restaurant is small, but the décor needs some remodeling and updating. What is up with the weird fabric thing hanging on the wall above each of the booths???

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We have eaten here many, many times and have always found the food to be excellent. When we ate there most recently our order took a lot longer than normal and when our pizza came out it was slightly overcooked on one side. The waitress was very apologetic and offered to bring us another one if we would like. We were on a tight schedule, though, and didn't have time to wait. We decided the pizza didn't look that overcooked, so we just went ahead and ate it. When we were ready to pay our bill we noticed that the waitress had totally taken off the price of the pizza without us even asking! Now THAT'S good customer service!!

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Very good pizza, meatballs and fresh garlic, oh my! Meat just fell off the bone on the wings! Friendly service!

Reviewed 11 September 2013

Boyfriend and I stopped in for lunch on an impromptu trip to Micanopy. We had the buffalo pizza and it was super yummy I would deff recommend it. The atmosphere is very laid back using plastic wear but I liked the laid back vibe. The service was fast and friendly.

Reviewed 8 September 2013

We were introduced to Blue Highway pizza in Micanopy, FL last year. Their pizza is to die for! They have since opened a store in Ocala, FL and it's just as fantastic. It's addictive, gourmet, and the best pizza around. Their shrimp brushetta is wonderful, their roasted red pepper and onion pizza (thin crust) is fantastic as is their black olive and onion and their Greek pizza. It's hard to stay away for more than a few weeks at a time. Don't know of any friends who don't like it. Keep up the good work!