“Love this pizza!”

Price range: US$7 - US$18
Cuisines: Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch
Description: Blue Highway is a a casual, family-friendly neighborhood restaurant specializing in traditional Neapolitan style pizza and calazones. Small plates, salads, paninis, sandwiches and desserts are served. Glueten Free options are available. A good selection of local craft beer and wine is also available. We take great pride in our culinary culture; serving the highest quality fresh, local, organic (when possible), and expertly prepared food, served with love.
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Great little pizza place! Went here all the time when I lived in Gainesville--definitely worth the drive outside of town. I always get the Sicilian style. Fun toppings, great herby sauce, and good options as far as sandwiches and salads too. Funky decor completes the charm.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

We eat here every week. It is a family owned and operated local business that treats you like one of their own.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Some interesting combinations on pizzas, panini, something like a gyro, and sandwiches. This was recommended by another restaurant owner about 10 miles away, and we weren't disappointed.

Reviewed 23 November 2013

We very much enjoyed our Pizza and Salad. Highly recommended by the people in our campground. Glad we gave it a try. Everything the high accolades had suggested. Gourmet style pizza...fresh and yummy! Kind of one those whole-in-the wall places you would never stop without a recommendation! Definitely worth it!

Reviewed 18 November 2013

We love their pizza and that is why we gave this restaurant an "excellent" review. We have been customers of Blue Highway for a long time now and we have never been disappointed.

Pizzas are always great!!! We ALWAYS get the Sicilian even though it takes more time to bake. We love the big crust! Ingredients are always fresh. Servers are always friendly and attentive. I don't care if this establishment uses plastic ware, plates or cups. I just hope they are recycling them.

I always get a Micanopy Salad. I love it! I get the large because I love a good salad and the small is just that, too small. It is a little pricey but you get some great vegetables in it. I love the yellow carrots!

Complaints:
1. Booth tables do not fit the area they are in. Table is too far away if you sit all the way back. I have to sit all the way up on the edge of the bench to get close to the table.
2. I like the fact that the restaurant is small, but the décor needs some remodeling and updating. What is up with the weird fabric thing hanging on the wall above each of the booths???