“Great Experience!”

Old Florida Cafe
Ranked #5 of 10 Restaurants in Micanopy
“Great Experience!”
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stop by this quaint little restaurant in Micanopy every couple of months and are never disappointed! I always order the Cuban sandwich and my husband orders the Club sandwich. The service is friendly, sandwiches are excellent, and the outdoor dining is fabulous!

2 Thank Boppa11

Gainesville, Florida
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stopped by recently for lunch and to wander around Micanopy. It was a wonderful cute little town. It was like walking back in time. At the cafe, I had the cuban and the chocolate pecan pie. Both delightful! We had fun playing with the trivia pursuit questions left on the table. The staff asked us several times if we needed anything else. A nice afternoon trip!

Visited August 2014
2 Thank Scrappy30
“Groupon first time... And sadly last time”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I went because I like Micanopy and I saw that there was a Groupon. I ordered the BLT and a slice of Key Lime Pie. The BLT had ONLY 3 thin slices of bacon making it more of a LT sandwich. Minus the B!!!! OK, I had hopes that the pie would be the redeemer and the whole time that I was eating my LT (minus the B!!) sandwich I was dreaming of pie. So the pie comes and I notice it is all white with a few crumbs on the bottom. NO crust!!!! I love the crust and seriously, all I got where a few crumbs. When I saw the pie in the case it looked as if it had 3 inches of meringue on top. NOPE! just kind of a lime flavored pudding. All in all the food was very disappointing. I took a risk with Groupon once again. I cant feel that bad since It was 45% off with the Groupon. Wont ever go back.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank Micah M
Windermere, Florida
“A Step Back in Time”
Reviewed 31 March 2014

If you are looking for a glimpse of bygone days - Micanopy is the town and the Old Florida Café is the place to eat. Driving down the street you can imagine what the town was like 100 years ago. Not much has changed except the influx of antique shops and of course the Old Florida Café. A delightful little place serving Southern favorites such as black beans and rice, a delicious Cuban sandwich, Reuben sandwich, key lime pie and wild orange pie. There is open air seating on the porch or seating inside where the tables are packed full of old time memories. This little town is a definite stop for antique shoppers or anyone who loves small Southern towns.

• Visited March 2014
Fairfax, Virginia
“Exceptional Chili”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Went into Micanopy to find something to eat in the afternoon and the Old Florida Cafe was the only place open serving a late lunch. Was a great afternoon for Chili and they have exceptional chili. Outdoor seating was very pleasant. While you wait you can play Trivial Pursuit with playing cards at each table. There were a lot of other excellent items on the menu to make the selection difficult. Their corned beef sandwich was a perfect accompaniment with the chili.

Visited December 2013