“Who would have thought?” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating
Sarasota, Florida
“Who would have thought?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2012

Out in the middle of nowhere is one of the best Italian restaurants I've ever been to! HUGE portions, fantastic flavor, great presentation with the friendliest people you'd ever want to meet. Incredibly small, but BIG on charming. I'll make sure to go back as soon as I can get back up there. Thank you Roberto!

Visited August 2012
2 Thank Deb C

Largo, Florida
“The best ever!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

This was one of the finest Italian meals we have ever eaten! Everything from the appetizers through all four meals was absolutely wonderful.

The waitress was friendly and charming and Roberto was delightful to speak with.

I wish Roberto's weren't so far away. We would be regular guests.

Visited August 2012
2 Thank EnidBetty
Vilano Beach, Florida
“EXCELLENT FOOD!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2012

The chef is the best in this area! The food is 5 star all the way!!! You wouldn't even know this gem is sitting there. Hours change in the summer but a must stop for lunch or dinner if you are in the area and LOVE Italain food.

Visited May 2012
2 Thank PaintedSunrise
Gainesville, Florida
“Well worth the drive from Gainesville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2012

Well worth the drive from Gainesville and a nice change of pace. This cozy restaurant provides a true taste of Italy with excellent food and friendly service. Bring your own wine with no corking fee. Dinner takes some time but that was just what we experienced in Italy. When food is prepared fresh, it takes a little time. I had the special which was fresh yellow-tail snapper with sauteed veggies. It was amazingly good and thankfully our lovely Italian waiter, Carlo, cleaned it up for me as it comes whole! If you're not comfortable with the occasional bone here and there, pick something else. It was so fresh and tasty, I didn't mind. My husband had the lasagna which was equally delish. They had a very enjoyable guitarist playing and the music wasn't too loud so I could still speak softly with my husband. Carlo, Roberto and Chef Antonio were all very nice. I think they were a bit impressed with our feeble attempt to speak some Italian and as it was the end of the night, they shared our dessert wine which we had brought back from Tuscany. This restaurant is definitely a hidden gem in the little town of McIntosh!

• Visited April 2012
3 Thank GatorGirl352
Ocala, Florida
“Delightful Italian Restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

Roberto's Italian Eatery is a delightful small restaurant on Highway 441 betwen Gainesville and Ocala. They were very warm and welcoming.
The waitress first brought us a complementary small appetizer of beans, corn, and marinated seafood. It was delicious. Our dinners consisted of salads, roasted squash soup, whole vermillion snapper, cheese ravioli in lobster sause, and spaghetti and meatballs. All the dishes were very good, but the snapper was extraordinary. Seafood is their specialty, and the snapper was the fish of the day.
Roberto's is open Wednesday through Sunday, and I suggest calling to make a reservation because of the limited seating.

• Visited January 2012