“Great place to spend a day at!”

Micanopy Historical Society Museum
Ranked #2 of 16 things to do in Micanopy
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I loved this Museum! We went as a family and could have stayed all day if we read everything there. Loved the exhibits! Very well put together. If you are in Gainesville I would highly recommend stopping by!

Reviewed 5 January 2013

Micanopy is a small town with a lot of history. The buldings are really neat to see as there is the jail, an old garage all of which hold antique stores. Its a laid back place with a few places to eat that are good as well. People are friendly too. Its a relaxing way to spend time.

Reviewed 28 November 2012

Very interesting inside and out. Very nice volunteer staff. Neat stuff! I especially like the general store section and items that were traded/sold at this location.

Reviewed 6 October 2012

Grandchildren (6,7,9) were delighted to be able to actually touch many of the fascinating items on display.

Reviewed 26 August 2012

I'd been in Micanopy twice but never took the extra steps to the Historical Society Museum. Yesterday, I was sent there as part of a scavenger hunt. And I found a gem! So much information and HISTORY packed into this small building. When we walked in, the president of the Historical Society was reading from an actual newspaper from the 1800s. Not a reprint, just to give other visitors to the museum a glimpse into the Seminole Wars. I was more interested in the Civil War exhibit. But what most delighted me was a Brownie (Girl Scout) uniform from the 60s. Looked just like the uniform I wore as a girl.