“"Home away from Home..."”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Micanopy
Herlong Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Micanopy B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 May 2014

We highly recommend The Herlong Mansion` Carolyn Rachael & staff always go out of there way to make sure you are so comfortable .Breakfast is a full-course meal and always delicious. Hubby & I have been going to The Herlong Mansion for over 7 years now and each time has been a wonderful stay and always looking forward to our next visit. We love this sleepy little town of Micanopy as you really feel you are stepping back in time to olde` Florida! We highly recommend it! Don't forget to have dinner at the Yearling & listen to our new found friend Willie Green- a master of the blues...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sunmoonstargirl

Reviewed 21 May 2014

We've been through Micanopy many times either in route to Gainesville or home and have
always admired the Herlong Mansion which is right down town and convenient for wandering around. We decided to meet some friends and stay overnight last weekend and was as special an experience as we had hoped. Rachel and Carolyn (the owner) were friendly and accommodating--even letting us leave one car there while we toured the area and then come back and freshen up. The antique furniture was comfortable and eclectic and the breakfast was excellent. I highly recommend it!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Margaret M
Reviewed 5 May 2014

I highly recommend a stay at Herlong Mansion. Lovely, well-maintained B&B with friendly staff. Breakfast was a full-course meal and delicious. The only downside I can think of is that our stay wasn't long enough! We will definitely visit this sleepy little town and stay at Herlong Mansion again. Don't forget to have dinner at the Yearling & listen to Willie Green- a master of the blues. Recommend that you make reservations in advance. What a delightful step back in time to 'ol Florida!

Room Tip: All rooms are beautiful- you will not be disappointed with any of them.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Missi H
Reviewed 5 May 2014

Looking for our quiet place to escape and relax. My wife and I found our new place to come and
decompress. We have traveled the U.S. for the past six years for projects and loved the Virginia
Plantations. The Herlong Mansion surpassed our expectations as one on the most beautiful
Bed & Breakfast we have stayed in. The staff was wonderful and the food was great.
Don't miss out meeting the other guests on the second floor veranda. We ended up becoming
friends and traveled through the town together. We are checking our calendar so we can get
back soon.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Rhonda S
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I selected Herlong Mansion for a peaceful,l much needed respite. I had chosen the Carriage House for complete quiet and relaxation, and was not disappointed! The jacuzzi in the room was
amazing and added to my complete relaxation. The Mansion itself is a step back in time to a less rushed way of being, with period pieces and beautiful wood throughout, how beautiful! Also wanted to give a shout out to Raychel (yes Raychel with a Y) who made my stay complete with her cheery, exuberant attitude and the morning talks over coffee. Believe me we solved all the worlds problems and then some. Thanks Raychel! I definitely will be making another stop at The Herlong Mansion in the future, not to be missed!

Room Tip: upstairs in any of the rooms and the outside cottages.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank vicdawn
Reviewed 22 April 2014

My mother in law loved antiques and arts and crafts all her life. she actually taught arts and crafts classes in her basement for years. Once I discovered Micanopy, I always wanted to take her there. Over the years her health declined and she was never able to make the trip. When she passed my two best friends(one was her health care advocate)made the trip in her honor. We had the best time. Herlong Mansion was everything that I thought it would be. The place was immaculate. The rooms were exactly what I expected, the service was excellent. We didn't want for anything. If we needed something the staff was more than accommodating. This is now going to be our yearly trip........for Mom.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I came to Herlong Mansion to find some peace in the midst of a tumultuous time and I could not have chosen a more appropriate refuge. I'm so glad I got to experience the quiet ambiance of Minacopy and Herlong Mansion and I hope that this is the first of many trips that I can make to my new favorite getaway.

Room Tip: I stayed in the Magnolia Room. I definitely enjoyed the comfort of the bed and bathtub. It's lo...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank SherrieBain
Also consider these accommodations in or near Micanopy
10 mi away
#2 of 2 in Micanopy
Sweetwater Branch Inn
Sweetwater Branch Inn
#3 of 5 in Gainesville

Been to Herlong Mansion Bed and Breakfast Inn? Share your experiences!