“Nicole's, great food at a great price!”

Nicole's in the Country
Ranked #1 of 50 Restaurants in Middleburg
Cuisines: American
Middleburg, Florida, United States
“Nicole's, great food at a great price!”
Reviewed 11 August 2013

We found this little gem hiding in Middleburg and boy are we glad we did! We have been back many times since we found it. We have had the Shrimp, OMG, and the Liver and Onions, OMG! The Huge Burger, Great! In fact everything was great! The owner is a hands-on owner that cooks and comes out to greet the customers and makes you feel at home and special. The servers are awesome and so friendly. We have also had the seafood platter (he serves it the first weekend of the month) and there is so much food and it is only $29.99. With 4 sides, this is a great deal. It has deviled crab, shrimp, oysters, fish, and clam strips. We ate only half and had the rest for lunch the next day. They have specials every day. They are open for breakfast and lunch every day till 3:00 pm but only serve dinner on Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Word of warning, if you are going for lunch, get there early because it has become popular because he food is so wonderful!!! You will really enjoy your time there. We eat there sometimes 3 or 4 times a week. Their Liver and Onions plate, the liver is so tender you can cut it with a fork. It's thicker than most other liver and tastes like a million bucks! I had a salad the other day and it has big pieces of broccoli, whole baby carrots, and grape tomatoes along with the lettuce. It is a really good salad. I didn't want to give them such compliments because I wanted to keep this place quiet so it wouldn't be so crowded. LOL LOL But I have to share because it is the best restaurant I've been to in a long time. The portions are big and the prices are very reasonable. I'm so happy with Nicole's that I had to put this out there. Once you go there, you WILL go back again and again and again!!! Love it and the people who own it and run it. Enjoy!!!

• Visited August 2013

Middleburg, Florida, United States
“Stp Driving by this place and Stop in...You will enjoy it!!!”
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Okay this is my very first review. I rode by this place many times passing it taking my kids to school. My fiance co-worker told her of this place and we decided to give it a try. We took our 6 kids making us a party of 8. The place is a little small inside (I think there is a place upstairs to eat) so get there early or you will be waiting. Trust me it is worth a wait.

I read about the shrimp and chicken. I asked the waitress about it and she said it is a must try. However, the chicken takes 20 minutes because everything there is made fresh. I was told nothing is frozen and made fresh accept the ocra. I can live with that.

I love Burgers so I had the burger (that my fiances co-worker suggested). It was HUGE. Of course I am a big boy and ate it all. One pound of fresh meat before it is cooked. So light eaters order the kids version which is half.

As we were waiting for our order. I kept seeing plates of shrimp walk past me. The shrimp looked like something of the food network channels. This is one of my next dishes to try and of course the chicken.

So a small recap....The Food looked great, what we had was very good....I will def go back...You might wonder how the prices are....They are very reasonable...Our bills of 8 people was a total of $66 and we were all stuffed.

Last note, the owner is the one in the kitchen. He took time out to thank us for coming and spent some time with us in between orders. A real good restaurant with the home cooked feel!

2 Thank Terry T
Orange Park, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good old southern cookin' with a Mayberry feel”
Reviewed 21 June 2013

It's a been a long time since we've had such good old fashioned cooking, like my momma used to make. The whole place had a really nice "Mayberry" feel.
My husband had the fried chicken, sweet green beans and mashed potatoes.
I had an ample grilled grouper sandwich, collard greens and pasta salad.
The prices were reasonable.
We shared a huge bowl of peach cobbler for dessert, which was to die for!
I think the word is out on this place because it was bustling at lunch time.
I have NEVER submitted a review before, but this was so good I wanted to share it!

Middleburg, Florida
“Amazing :)”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

Had the mushroom app & they were lightly breaded served with homemade ranch , it was so thick , you know this stuff did not come out of a jar . We had the shrimp & catfish special , I had it fried , hubby had it blackened . They were both fantastic !! The portions are big and the prices are very reasonable . Servers were very friendly . We will definitely be back :)

Florida
“Great food! Love it!!”
Reviewed 29 April 2013

Nothing like home cooked food. Everything we get is delicious. They have seafood, Mayport shrimp, chicken fried steak, burgers, you name it. Lots of sides. About time Middleburg got a Great place to eat. We love this place and its now our place to eat. I could go on, but it is just the best place to eat. Plus the servers and people that work there are very nice too.

• Visited April 2013