“No thank you”

Black Creek Cafe
Ranked #17 of 50 Restaurants in Middleburg
Cuisines: American, Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“No thank you”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I believe in supporting local business, but not when their services are pathetic. I came to this place while passing through middleburg because my sister in law recommended it but when I got their I sat myself and was finally greeted by a sweaty waitress wearing nothing but a t shirt and blue jean shorts that were way to short [Nasty] no name tag or anything. While waiting the place smelled like septic,they also had a flat screen television that was on channel 4 playing the same ANNOYING infomercial the WHOLE time I was there was only 2 other people there an older couple, the older lady was chewing the same waitress out that she had asked for sugar free syrup two times and if she didn't bring it out she wanted to speak to the manager. So that pretty much summed my 15 minute wait. when my short stack with eggs and bacon came I think the pancakes were Bisquick the eggs were decent and the [regular] syrup had a K-Mart price tag on it[What restaurant gets their supplies from K-Mart] So Basically I overpaid for something I guess I could have bought from K-Mart and made myself for half the price!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank ed w

“Great local place”
Reviewed 22 March 2014 via mobile

Very good food, breakfast all day. Don't waste your money on a national chain, stay local. Good portion sizes.

Visited March 2014
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
“Good food”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

This is a small restaurant, local and very good food. Also speedy service. Basically good place for a fast breakfast or lunch.

• Visited September 2013
Middleburg, Florida
“Eggcellent Breakfast”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Really good service, good prices and huge portions if your really hungry. We really like the omelettes and the huge Framers and Drywallers Breakfast. This is better than any fast food there is.

Visited December 2013
“Gave It Another Shot”
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We stopped by again because we didn't feel like driving anywhere else after the Home Depot run. I rated this average last time (read review) so because I am fair and honest in my reviews I felt it was worth a redo. This time there were two waitresses. Our waitress was prompt with coffee and water and in getting our order taken. My hubby had the special, fried flouder, grits and eggs. I had a western omlet wth American cheese, grits and english muffin. The flounder was obviously frozen filets and had a slight fishy taste to it, (but you have to remember where you are when ordering fish) and the eggs were cooked right . My omlet was stuffed and the grits were good. My only complaint on service was I could tell she stepped outside for a smoke because the stench was terrible when she got back to our table. I can only hope she washed her hands before the coffee refill. THINK people, really!? I would go there again because the food was decent.

• Visited May 2012