“Decent Could Have Been Better/ Could Have Been Worse”

Cedar River Seafood
Ranked #25 of 50 Restaurants in Middleburg
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I left the hotel and went out for a semi late night dinner. I would say that the time was somewhere around 9pm, although it would have seemed to be 1am. We entered and there was about 3 tables occupied, keep in mind that this is on a Saturday night. Well we were greeted by the hostess and seated upon my request in a booth. The server arrived in a relatively short amount of time. We had a coupon for a complimentary appetizer and ordered the fried pickles which had been an item we've had a curiosity about for several months. They were good but they lacked any pizazz that folks here in the south have been raving about. My wife ordered her usual when offered fried oysters( Chesapeake, Virginia girl ) and I went with the broiled scallops. Both dishes were totally acceptable, they came with a choice of 2 sides. I rate this restaurant middle of the road. Would we go back if the initial seafood establishment didn't have a line around the Banyan Tree probably not, however if circumstances were the same we would return only a couple of hours earlier.

1  Thank Philliiethefish

Reviewed 1 March 2014

Just like the title says. Need to teach the teens working how to put down their phones. Silver was nasty.

1  Thank angie k
Reviewed 22 August 2013

I visited Cedar River for lunch with a group of women yesterday, and we were all happy with our selections. I especially enjoyed southern specialties such as okra with tomatoes and hushpuppies. I wish there were a Cedar River restaurant in Ocala.

Reviewed 21 May 2013

We have patronized Cedar River on many occasions and the food is always excellent. The portions are generous, the food is hot and delicious. The blackened shrimp Alfredo is some of the best around and the okra, tomatoes and rice is outstanding. The wait staff is knowledgable and helpful and service is always with a smile. If you want great seafood at a reasonable price, you simply must give this place a try.

Reviewed 11 April 2013

That sums up the menu. They are a local main stay and have been around for like 18 years. The place is usually packed on Friday and Saturday nights. Our last 2 visits have not been the best and we have not been back since. They forgot part of our order one night and that person just said never mind and picked off of someone else's plate and then the next time we went they brought out the wrong order (same person) and then they took it back and it took forever, really, to get the order back. We were all done eating by the time they brought out this person's order. Prices to me are a little on the high side. Wish that they offered more on the menu that is not fried. However, my mom loves their salmon. There are other places that we go for better seafood.

1  Thank Cynthia B