“Good Stop Over Location”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 1 Midway B&B and Inns
Fernandina Beach, Florida, Usa
“Good Stop Over Location”
Reviewed 2 November 2012

Nice place for 1/2 way break between Jacksonville, FL and Pensacola, FL. Right off I-10 but quiet. Reasonably new property. Wi-Fi connection in room good at times, fair at other times. Computer & printer for guest use.Have to drive into Tallahassee [about 5 miles] for a choice of restaurants. There is a Denny's across the highway, but that's about it. Usual continental breakfast w/scrambled eggs and waffle machine. Small workout room. Pretty small and flat pillows, but that may just be me. Overall, a good choice while traveling.

Room Tip: Staying on the 3rd floor eliminates folks walking above you.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank flyplayne

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Boca Raton
Reviewed 15 October 2012

We stayed at this hotel for the first time while visiting Tallahassee for a Florida State game. I would say it's an average to slightly above average Comfort Inn & Suites. We had a double Queen. Room was very clean and quiet, beds were comfortable. Pillows a little small. I didn't find any problem with the bathroom, shower or TV (which had many channels but lacked a guide) - all were in good shape. The lobby was a little small but nice, and the breakfast was pretty standard for the complementary breakfast many hotels offer. Didn't use the pool. Excercise room looked like the size of a guest room with 3 machines that appeared to be in good condition. Probably the only thing I didn't like is that it is not a non smoking hotel, but the only stale cigarette smell I could detect was in the elevator. Disappointing that the windows didn't open, it was a beautiful weekend. Staff was very friendly. Room was over priced, but all hotel rooms are over priced on game weekends. That's a problem the Tallahassee Chamber of Commerce should address.

Room Tip: Rear away from the center.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Travelinsider
Reviewed 6 August 2012

The location was convient. The room was horrible. I know I asked for a smoking room but thats the only thing I smelled when I entered the room. The toliet seat had dried urine on it. The tub was rusted. The manager was and his wife were rude. The manager told me the first night he would give me a discount for the second night when I came to pay for it the next morning. I paid 55.00 that morning and after I got out the pool he stopped me in the hall way and said I owed 29.00 for the room. I told him that he said he was giving me a discount and he told me he didn't say that and he don't give discounts. His wife tried to raise her voice at me and I was not even talking to her. I had to shut her down and let her know that I was not a child and she was not going to speak to me in that tone of voice. Another man entered through the door and wanted to book a room and he took him to the side and offered him a discount and I heard it. He then came back to the front desk and told me I will give you a 10 dollar discount. He still end up giving me a 40 dollar discount, but I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank takeera

Travellers are raving about these Midway hotels

Hinesville, Georgia
Reviewed 30 July 2012

We stayed at this comfort inn because it appeared to be very nice and clean and we have stayed here before. We got to our room it stunk like rotten eggs and we foung ants crwaling where the coffee make and fridge were. The next morning we found ROACHES the maintenance guy came and killed them and said they come out of the walls. Went to the front desk the little girl said i cant do anything because the manager is not here and we are not the only hotel in Florida that have ROACHES it is a problem in Florida. Called to speak with the manager and he was very rude telling me it wasent his problem because he called the exterminator and they killed the ROACHES. I give you $10 OFF i TOLD HIM THAT WOULD NOT COVER ME TO HAVE MY ITEMS SPRAYED BEFORE I TOOK THEM INTO MY HOUSE, THAT'S WHY i TELL YOU I GIVE YOU $20.00 OFF. THIS MAN IS SO CHEAP AND RUDE HIS WIFE IS THE OWNER,COOK AND LAUNDRY AND THE GENERAL MANAGER AND WOULD NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANYTHING BECAUSE HE SAYS SO THIS IS CRAZY. HE HIDES BEHIND BEING THE FRONT OFFICE MANGER AND HE IS THE OWNER/GENERLA MANGER'S HUSBAND

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Sluggagirl3815
Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 July 2012

This hotel had both good and not-so-good, depending on your needs. The price was great, and the room was very clean and comfortable. Breakfast came with the room, and it was adequate (although I am not certain that the scrambled eggs were real eggs). The coffee was good. However, the hotel advertised a fitness room, something important to me. It included three pieces of equipment. One didn't work at all. Another needed some bolts tightened. I was able to get a non-smoking room, but the hallway smelled of smoke. However, what keeps me from rating this hotel higher is the lack of friendliness and helpfulness of the staff--not rude, but not outwardly friendly or willing to assist.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Susan C
Baton Rouge, LA
Reviewed 2 June 2012

We stayed at this same location last year. Convenient when traveling I-10. Clean rooms, decent breakfast and reasonable rates. Only downside this time was check in clerk did not provide any info on breakfast times, nor state that the Wi-fi access code was on our key card envelope (which we didn't notice til check out) and breakfast was basically wiped out by 8:30 am. Would stay again based on room and location only.

• Stayed June 2012
2 Thank ladyhart
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed 2 May 2012

Stayed here overnight while travelin to Louisiana. Check in and out was fast and people were nice. Rooms were very clean. Beds comfy and big. Right across street is a big Denny's where we had breakfast. Would def. stay here again.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sugar51404
Also consider these accommodations in or near Midway
Country Inn and Suites By Carlson Midway Florida
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
Candlewood Suites Tallahassee
#15 of 58 in Tallahassee
Extended Stay America - Tallahassee - Killearn

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!