“inexpensive rest”

Reviewed 11 March 2014

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sam T
Reviewed 9 March 2014

I booked two rooms for this motel through a Priceline bid and was extremely unhappy with our experience. First off, I called the motel two weeks prior to our stay and requested both rooms to be non-smoking. When we arrived and checked into our rooms, both rooms were handicapped and the one my husband and I were in smelled heavily of smoke. There were ashes in the drawers and on the floor. My daughter and her husband found they were also in a handicapped room, the comforter had cigarette burns on it and their neighbors were very noisy. My son-in-law went to the office and requested a room change but was told since the room was booked through Priceline, it could not be changed, and that Priceline had booked us into the handicapped rooms. When he reported this to me, I went to the office and was told the same thing. I explained this was simply wrong since Priceline stated plainly on their site that any special requests had to be made directly through the hotel and my confirmation contained the same information. The office clerk still insisted that it was booked as handicapped by Priceline and she could not make any changes. After further discussion and getting nowhere, I requested to speak to the manager. I was then told the manager would not be in until the next day. Since this was a one night stay, I noted I would be gone. I brought to the clerk's attention that my daughter was pregnant and really did not tolerate the smell of smoke which was why I had called and requested the non-smoking rooms and it seemed obvious to me that I would not request a handicapped room for a 30 year old couple. I then noticed a sign on the wall which stated "Gary" was the manager on duty and requested to speak with Gary. Again, I was told the manager would not be in until the next morning. Under that sign was another sign that stated the hotel was committed to customer satisfaction which I also brought to the clerk's attention. She finally relented and called someone and was told to make the room change. I certainly felt this was a totally unnecessary situation. I felt if this establishment did not want to accomodate Priceline customers, they should not be on their list of hotels. I felt I was treated like a second-class citizen because I had booked through Priceline. I really paid $9.00 less for these rooms than the motel's listed price, which should have made absolutely no difference to begin with.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
HojoinnMidwayFL, Webmaster at Howard Johnson Inn Tallahassee/Midway, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. We value our association with Priceline, and I don’t completely understand how any situation could have developed related to that. In any case, I’m very sorry that we were unable to meet your needs. It is unacceptable to me that you aren’t completely satisfied, and I apologize to you for that. I hope we can host you again if you come to town again. Your complete satisfaction is always our goal.

Hotel Manager.

Reviewed 6 March 2014

Very nice large room with large desk and table and chairs. This was just an overnight for us and it was more than adequate. The only negative: We always check the mattress in a room and it was covered with crumbs and the bottom sheet was a flat sheet, not fitted which we prefer. Everything else about this property was good.

Reviewed 5 March 2014

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank X5588XUjohnb
Reviewed 2 March 2014

1  Thank Richard E
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We opted to hit town the night before and enjoy some of Tallahassee while in town. We had a King room with Jacuzzi. Check in was a breeze. The room was much better than expected (from previous reviews). It was very clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. It was everything the website says. Very convenient location to visit everything in the area. I will stay here again and would recommend them to friends. For a Friday night at a motel, it was very quiet and no rude housekeeping in the a.m. to wake you up. Thumbs up!

Room Tip: Upgrade to the Jacuzzi room. It will help melt away all those miles on the road.